** Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2017 Thread **

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    How important are cover letters and the capability questions for the application, do recruiters actually read them properly? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Quick question. Does anyone know when the banks will reveal the actual dates of the spring week programs? If they have already stated it, does anyone know where I can find it? I'm having trouble finding the dates of the actual programs, I'm trying to look for clashes. Thanks*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAC)
    Quick question. Does anyone know when the banks will reveal the actual dates of the spring week programs? If they have already stated it, does anyone know where I can find it? I'm having trouble finding the dates of the actual programs, I'm trying to look for clashes. Thanks*
    when offers start to come out

ReputationRep:
    Is it right no more banks have opened applications in the last couple of weeks?! Can't seem to see any new openings!

ReputationRep:
    Who should we be addressing our cover letters to? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicss)
    Who should we be addressing our cover letters to? Thanks
    Pretty sure I saw someone more knowledgeable than myself say 'Dear Sir/Madam' is fine.

ReputationRep:
    Guys - you know in the JP Morgan application where they ask about a recent news article and how it relates to JP - Are they referring to the markets/economics/finance side of things or the social/political/anything really? Just want to see if I'm missing something, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar & spice)
    Guys - you know in the JP Morgan application where they ask about a recent news article and how it relates to JP - Are they referring to the markets/economics/finance side of things or the social/political/anything really? Just want to see if I'm missing something, thank you.
    Anything that could be related to J.P. Morgan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When does this typically start to happen?
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    when offers start to come out

ReputationRep:
    When does this typically start to happen?
    depends

ReputationRep:
    anything and how it could relate to JPM and their clients

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, does anyone know if GS allows 2nd year stuents on a 3 year course to apply for their spring week given than i plan to do a 1 year master and graduate in 2019 ?

ReputationRep:
    How important are cover letters and the capability questions for the application, do recruiters actually read them properly? Thanks
    cover letters: don't make grammatical and spelling errors. don't put the wrong bank name down. don't just copy paste the bank name without changing details pertaining to that specific bank. they're not that important, usually are only seen as a reason to reject rather than a reason to push to the next stage

competency questions on the other hand are actually very important

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobb99998)
    Does anybody know of CITI or BARCAP spring weeks yet?

Plus how many have you guys applied so far?

Cover letter - are you guys putting yours and the banks address on it and starting like My name is bob smith I am x student at y university in my z year.

finally are you saying

enclosure: CV/resume
    Barc is Nov, Citi isn't open yet.

Yeah that should be fine

it's not necessary to put the line about enclosing your CV

ReputationRep:
    How many words is best for a cover letter? Thanks
    300-500

ReputationRep:
    Whens everyone planning on doing most of their applications?
    mid to late October, early Nov for the apps that open in Nov and GS in Dec as it's non-rolling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by audy)
    for BAML spring week, is it only for those who graduate in 2018?

ReputationRep:
    Are people going to write a Deutsche cover letter and attach it with the CV or just do the mandatory questions they ask you? Thanks
    no point, you'd be creating extra work for the HR team by doing that. just focus on the application questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalambay)
    Hi guys, does anyone know if GS allows 2nd year stuents on a 3 year course to apply for their spring week given than i plan to do a 1 year master and graduate in 2019 ?
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    JPM is aparently non-rolling this year. Spoke to recruiters at the campus event and they said it's ok to apply in November. Anyone else heared the same?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.