(Original post by MarimaKauser)
    Me too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wooo

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELCRE)
    Guys would it be silly to make an official complaint to aqa? Some questions were just not fair such as the stitches one. Aqa are really playing with lives, they changed the wording and format of questions for the chem unit 2 paper (chucked in isa & Empa questions as well as one unit 5 question) & I let it go because I thought oh they mustve done it because its a resit paper but they have no excuse for this one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Complaining will do nothing for you or anyone else. People complain every year. EVERYONE had to answer the same questions as you. Dont worry about it. They are testing your APPLICATION of the knowledge.
    Im sure you did a lot better than you think. The questions were not too difficult if you new both past paper technique and a good all round knowledge.

Dont fret! LIfes too short

Good luck with anymore exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomharris15)
    I couldve sworn it was 8 peaks
    Pretty sure it was 8 peaks..

ReputationRep:
    What is the lowest the grade boundaries have ever been, and do you think this year will be lower than that ? (or at least 71 for the A or some crazy sh*t)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else here applied for medicine? Manchester specifically

ReputationRep:
    Why initial rates were used question
    The temperature would change would affect the rate so the rate will change so initials are used
    Then for the graph initial question draw a tangent to line or curve with passing through point at 0 seconds and calcuate gradient
    2 or 3 marks for this 2 questions

ReputationRep:
    Start a petition

(Original post by elcre)
    guys would it be silly to make an official complaint to aqa? Some questions were just not fair such as the stitches one. Aqa are really playing with lives, they changed the wording and format of questions for the chem unit 2 paper (chucked in isa & empa questions as well as one unit 5 question) & i let it go because i thought oh they mustve done it because its a resit paper but they have no excuse for this one.

Yes i absolutely agree with you the whole paper was a different style, very simple questions at times but they all were too time consuming which led to a lack of time to answer the huge 9 marker at the end which was slyly put in. A lot of the questions were simply stupid and i think a lot of people like me and you should be together on this. We should form a petition, will anyone be willing to do it with us and spread the word to all people?

posted from tsr mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lahigueraxxx)
    OMG GUYS I asked for extra paper in the exam and I wrote down all of my information except for the date !!! This paper had most of the questions on it!! What will happen??
    Did you speak to your exams officer about it, just let her/him know and they may fill it in for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olivia7001)
    CH3-O-CH2-CH2-C(OH)(CH3)2
    Did anyone else get this
    Yes I got exactly that, and using the hnmr data deduced that it could only be that...then spent all my spare time trying to figure out alternate structures that didn't involve a tertiary alcohol...of which there were none.

ReputationRep:
    Did everyone find it hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _newbe)
    It didn't that's a tertiary alcohol
    your right! sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suits101)
    You don't get CE for acidified.

It's not in June 11 Q7(a)(ii) MS
    Put AgNO3 initially but wasn't sure if the CH2Cl would form a white ppt. as well, so went with water to produce white misty fumes with the acyl chloride, any ideas if that'd score marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevesteve12)
    Any chance the last question was unanswerable? It wouldnt be the first time theyd messed a paper up. Has anyone got a correct answer yet?
    Definitely answerable:

CH3-O-C(CH3)2-CH2-CH2-O-H

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lishakb97)
    the range for a c=o bond is 1680-1750 though and there wasn't a peak there

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...-ins-jun15.pdf
    **** me then!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think this was a harder paper than previous years but still not too hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    was the answer nuclephilic substitution for 1 mark ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nancyeponine)
    There's no point the stitches one is a suggest so it's meant to be hard and it was on the syllabus anyway because the answer was it hydrolyses and so can he removed post surgery
    Or, when it goes to landfill, it can be broken down quickly as a result of hydrolysis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ishabennett)
    Anyone else here applied for medicine? Manchester specifically
    Medicine yes *****ing myself now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 27, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.