Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Some people in this world are absolute *******s. I could go for the clichéd 'they're the ones that you have to prove wrong' but I would just say - **** them. If someone tells you that you're not going to achieve what you want to then they can clear off.

I mess things up to - I know how you feel. It can leave you full of regret or perpetually face palming or cause you to want to give up. I get that. But mistakes are the things that you learn best from, not when you get things right, and if you focus on the now rather than the present or the future (to some extent) and don't give up/just keep moving, the brokenness/emptiness feels like it isn't there, most of the time. Even if no one else will, I do believe in you.

:hugs:
    You always know how to cheer me up :hugs: I'm hoping on results day I can make them speechless by having better grades than any of them, half of them didn't even revise or even worked hard so to suggest I'm too confident when I found my exams easy and that I revised hard is a bad thing, should I be upset and say I'm a failure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    That is true, just means I'm going to have to work my butt off but school is probably to to put me down as I'm not even applying and it disgusts me, does intelligence have to equate to a university degree? I'm just applying at a later stage in my life
    Don't apply just because school is telling you to! And no, intelligence does not equate to a university degree at all. It's disgusting to think your school is attempting to measure your worth based on whether you're getting a degree or not.
    Good luck with it all.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I try to, they take it the wrong way or find my behaviour quite cocky and very opinionated. I know I'm quite critical and very much so confident but at the same time, I am insecure and I generally think I worked harder than my class mates to even suggest a good grade..
    I would honestly leave the school, I think you mentioned wanting to start over. Say goodbye to these unhelpful people and start over at a new place.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you lovely :hugs: things are a bit ****, I suppose when I'm in the mood then I may discuss it with you or when I've perked up and decided that I'm not about to give up but kinda feels weird posting right now tbh.
    awwwww :cry2: you better discuss it with me :hmmm: :lol:
    we all are missing your presence though
    (Original post by Ras' Al Ghul)
    Then you should join my new thread
    link me to it :innocent:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    awwwww :cry2: you better discuss it with me :hmmm: :lol:
    we all are missing your presence though

link me to it :innocent:
    I have logged in and I keep getting notifications, it is so bizarre really when I've disappeared for a few days.

(Original post by Eternalflames)
    I would honestly leave the school, I think you mentioned wanting to start over. Say goodbye to these unhelpful people and start over at a new place.
    See I have considered it but then it would mean I probably couldn't finish the subjects I'm doing now and although I hate them, I wouldn't want to not complete them. One more year couldn't hurt me at all I'm sure.

(Original post by Mochassassin)
    Don't apply just because school is telling you to! And no, intelligence does not equate to a university degree at all. It's disgusting to think your school is attempting to measure your worth based on whether you're getting a degree or not.
    Good luck with it all.
    Thank you and I know so, I guess all they care about is money and reputation which is sad really.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

Thank you :hugs: I try not to let them get to me but I just break down and they get to me..
    Awww :console:

Personally, I think being sensitive is definitely a good thing. People will inevitably say/do stuff to hurt you but it's all about recognising that you have more important things to be getting on with (i.e your life/future). :yes: Easier said than done, I know

ReputationRep:
    Forgotten - but perhaps it's for the best.

ReputationRep:
    I have logged in and I keep getting notifications, it is so bizarre really when I've disappeared for a few days.

we kept tagging you for "drawing" thing but you didn't come :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Okay well here is the rant

So here it is. I guess I'm feeling low because a lot of people in school are saying how I'm being quite arrogant and cocky because I think I could do well at AS yet I believe if you think you will fail, the likelihood of that happening is greater with that mindset. But also lately I've been feeling as if the subjects I do aren't to do with my intended career path which is Biomedical Science and I have two options, either do an Access course or do A Levels privately next year. My school also started UCAS applications and I feel so angry for being made to do it when I didn't want to apply yet, I feel as if I can't do something related to English as I'll hate it. I feel like I've messed everything up for knowing what I want to do at the age of 18 instead of 16 per second. But then I guess I'm feeling depressed because I feel as if my friends at school are becoming boring and we've all drifted apart and there is one person who just pisses me off completely it angers me to death. And I find myself crying or being sad and emotional at the most smallest things ever. But I guess now A2 has begun, I'm worried that one of my teachers will mess it up like they did for AS and not teach me anything and ruin my chances for anything and the last time I reported him, it didn't go down too well

I do apologise for this horrible rant. There was more I was going to cover but my mind went blank at half 12 in the morning
    If anyone has the capacity to look down on another for having confidence and the ambition that results from that, it's anyone's guess who's going to go further in life. That is just an idiotic, regressive mindset from them.
    Not falling into anything half-heartedly is not "messing up" at all. I think it's a sign of maturity to thinkabout what'll fulfill you in the long-term rather than what is easier to do in the now; you take your time and I promise things will work out. I still had no idea about the direction of my life after taking a gap year and being halfway through a uni degree I wasn't all that sure about. Now I've taken a step back and have gotten somewhere where I know I want to be, and all that time of deliberation hasn't really affected me negatively at all. If working towards bioscience is what you want to do, then do that.
    And about friends, until starting uni again last year I can honestly say I've never actually had what I'd call a proper friends group- everything prior was like it was forced as if I needed to consider them friends as a social necessity, but of course you can't force these things and we've completely drifted apart. At my current uni I've made a great group of friends who I've opened up to more than any others and I couldn't be happier with that situation. You can do the same easily.
    I think the advice weaving its way through all of this is the cliched "believe in yourself", and of course, persevere!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    Awww :console:

Personally, I think being sensitive is definitely a good thing. People will inevitably say/do stuff to hurt you but it's all about recognising that you have more important things to be getting on with (i.e your life/future). :yes: Easier said than done, I know
    Ah the future. The word I despise the most :yes: and something I'll probably never have, I feel tempted to write a novel or a song but I'll probably do an Adele and become so depressing
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    we kept tagging you for "drawing" thing but you didn't come :bawling:
    I will do soon :lovehug: and I can't draw anyways plus I got some random reps from posts I made anyways ago and mentions in other threads lol

ReputationRep:
    See I have considered it but then it would mean I probably couldn't finish the subjects I'm doing now and although I hate them, I wouldn't want to not complete them. One more year couldn't hurt me at all I'm sure.
    Some places you can carry on A2 at different sixth-forms/colleges, still doing the same courses. If it's a different exam board they convert it or something. So if you really hate it, and can't stand it, you can leave.
    But if you're staying you know you've worked hard and your good results will be enough to shut them up
    Good luck! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Feeling down but hoping life gets better when college starts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Ah the future. The word I despise the most :yes: and something I'll probably never have, I feel tempted to write a novel or a song but I'll probably do an Adele and become so depressing
    :noway:

There's always hope, whatever the weather :yes: :hugs:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    If anyone has the capacity to look down on another for having confidence and the ambition that results from that, it's anyone's guess who's going to go further in life. That is just an idiotic, regressive mindset from them.
    Not falling into anything half-heartedly is not "messing up" at all. I think it's a sign of maturity to thinkabout what'll fulfill you in the long-term rather than what is easier to do in the now; you take your time and I promise things will work out. I still had no idea about the direction of my life after taking a gap year and being halfway through a uni degree I wasn't all that sure about. Now I've taken a step back and have gotten somewhere where I know I want to be, and all that time of deliberation hasn't really affected me negatively at all. If working towards bioscience is what you want to do, then do that.
    And about friends, until starting uni again last year I can honestly say I've never actually had what I'd call a proper friends group- everything prior was like it was forced as if I needed to consider them friends as a social necessity, but of course you can't force these things and we've completely drifted apart. At my current uni I've made a great group of friends who I've opened up to more than any others and I couldn't be happier with that situation. You can do the same easily.
    I think the advice weaving its way through all of this is the cliched "believe in yourself", and of course, persevere!
    Aww Rob I appreciate this :hugs: and this is why I wanted to rant at you because you speak sense and sort of understand what I'm going through with the whole gap year stuff and starting a degree later in life, sometimes people tell me that I'll be too old or I should choose now or just give up. No one does the same job forever or have the same routine, some people end up undertaking a degree after years of being in a career they fancy a change in.

ReputationRep:
    I will do soon :lovehug: and I can't draw anyways plus I got some random reps from posts I made anyways ago and mentions in other threads lol
    neither can i :rofl: my drawings are awful :lol: you should've seen it :facepalm: random reps :innocent: its good - even though i got some during my week off :innocent: but it didn't count :bawling: trying my best not to take my life off from TSR :toofunny:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    Some places you can carry on A2 at different sixth-forms/colleges, still doing the same courses. If it's a different exam board they convert it or something. So if you really hate it, and can't stand it, you can leave.
    But if you're staying you know you've worked hard and your good results will be enough to shut them up
    Good luck! :hugs:
    I'll stay to shut them up and prove a point lol thank you

(Original post by Indeterminate)
    :noway:

There's always hope, whatever the weather :yes: :hugs:
    If it's like the British weather then I have absolutely no chance whatsoever.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    neither can i :rofl: my drawings are awful :lol: you should've seen it :facepalm: random reps :innocent: its good - even though i got some during my week off :innocent: but it didn't count :bawling: trying my best not to take my life off from TSR :toofunny:
    We shall have to play maybe one day and a break is a good thing, I've spent my time doing my school work and playing the Sims and I have nearly reached 7,000 posts or have done and that is such a bad thing.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I'll stay to shut them up and prove a point lol thank you
    Great ideat! Make a start and who knows what will follow :ahee:

If it's like the British weather then I have absolutely no chance whatsoever.
    :rofl:

Hey our weather isn't that bad at all y'know

ReputationRep:
    We shall have to play maybe one day and a break is a good thing, I've spent my time doing my school work and playing the Sims and I have nearly reached 7,000 posts or have done and that is such a bad thing.
    maybe tomorrow when someone tag you on that thread :yep: OMGGG sims :shock: i was obsessed with that game :lol: but not anymore :sad: i still have it in my phone but dont play it :bored: ermmm 7008 actually :rofl: just checked it for you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.