Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilac spooge)
    what and then Jack will have to be called 'Token' because hes the only white 'GUY' in the team
    Token White Gay Guy :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    GDL and JB and Eve are signing their DVD next week. I'm definitely going. I've not met GDL yet and it may be my last chance.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ianto regenerates :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    We still don't know everything about the crazy guy, why was he not taken as a child? (The flashbacks at the beginning made it look like he ran away, but the 456 still accepted the children they did get, and he questioned later in the episode why they didn't take him. Did they leave him for the sole purpose of communicating with Earth in the future? But if so, why did they need him to make a connection to the children, rather than the children directly?). How/why can he 'smell' things, like Gwen being pregnant? (Does the baby have something to do with the aliens? As everything else he smells is to do with them). Why did the government never want him killed, along with everyone else that knew of the first 456 visit? They don't even acknowledge his existence.

I've found a link to some teasers/spoilers (written before the series began, so obviously most we already know now, but there are a couple of points there we don't yet know).
    Spoiler:
    Show
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a1625...d-teasers.html
    Number 6 is particularly noteworthy, and number 9, we don't know what Jack has (plus read my comments above about the guy 'smelling' Gwen being pregnant, he smells aliens, how could he smell she was pregnant?)

Also, someone already mentioned about the possibility of Lois joining Torchwood. After her actions in tonight's episode and her participation with Torchwood, I very much doubt she will be working for the Home Office any longer. Plus Gwen already offered her a job in Torchwood.

ReputationRep:
    Clem didn't just smell aliens, he also smelt the "police" coming for him when he was in the care home.

ReputationRep:
    Well, the government presumably didn't want him dead because they didn't know that he wasn't taken. And as soon as they found out he was still around they sent the military (disguised as policemen) after him, and then he ran.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    We still don't know everything about the crazy guy, why was he not taken as a child? (The flashbacks at the beginning made it look like he ran away, but the 456 still accepted the children they did get, and he questioned later in the episode why they didn't take him. Did they leave him for the sole purpose of communicating with Earth in the future? But if so, why did they need him to make a connection to the children, rather than the children directly?). How/why can he 'smell' things, like Gwen being pregnant? (Does the baby have something to do with the aliens? As everything else he smells is to do with them). Why did the government never want him killed, along with everyone else that knew of the first 456 visit? They don't even acknowledge his existence.

I've found a link to some teasers/spoilers (written before the series began, so obviously most we already know now, but there are a couple of points there we don't yet know).
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Number 6 is particularly noteworthy, and number 9, we don't know what Jack has (plus read my comments above about the guy 'smelling' Gwen being pregnant, he smells aliens, how could he smell she was pregnant?)

Also, someone already mentioned about the possibility of Lois joining Torchwood. After her actions in tonight's episode and her participation with Torchwood, I very much doubt she will be working for the Home Office any longer. Plus Gwen already offered her a job in Torchwood.
    It was a bomb.

ReputationRep:
    Ah good points both of you. But surely someone in his condition, background checks would have already been done on him when he had been assessed and someone would have known his history (his other name, being in the foster home etc.)?

ReputationRep:
    Bomb in Jack, how did I forget that :facepalm:

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I think number 9 is just referring to the bomb that explodes Jack and the hub.

EDIT: Someone beat me to it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Thanks for the rep Rennie

And I think Ianto will understand. Afterall, it's not like he's all squeeky clean - he kept a Cyberwoman in the Hub ...
    I agree... but I don't know that Ianto will be able to understand!

And, no problem with the rep thing. I always rep where rep is due.

ReputationRep:
    4. Captain Jack and Ianto are referred to as "a couple" on more than one occasion.

Why is that significant? We already knew that Jack and Ianto were together, is there something more to "couple" than just the generic meaning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eqiVOCAL?)
    4. Captain Jack and Ianto are referred to as "a couple" on more than one occasion.

Why is that significant? We already knew that Jack and Ianto were together, is there something more to "couple" than just the generic meaning?
    Probably just confirmation, showing us that it is still going on, and everyone else is well aware. They did make a thing out of it in the first episode, with Jack not being too keen on others referring to them as a couple, I guess that's the significance.

ReputationRep:
    Well, like the Doctor he wouldnt be keen on it because he outlives everyone. Like when Ianto says "I love you", Jack just says "Don't".

ReputationRep:
    Well, like the Doctor he wouldnt be keen on it because he outlives everyone. Like when Ianto says "I love you", Jack just says "Don't".
    That was possibly the worst moment because I'd been waiting to hear one of them say it for so long. Oh, it was just heartbreaking! Ever since I first saw spoilers of Jack kissing Ianto in the cyberwoman episode I've been rooting for them.... so it's a pretty awful turnout for me.

ReputationRep:
    I remember way back when in the very early episodes of Torchwood, before Ianto and Jack were "outed" to the audience, I mentioned that Ianto and Jack were in a "relationship". It was the stopwatch episode ("How many things can you do with a stopwatch?"), and I said they were gay together, but none of my friends believed me

ReputationRep:
    I still don't know what kinds of things one does with a stopwatch, other than timing things. that doesn't sound too erotic :confused:

ReputationRep:
    There's a lot of things you can do with a stopwatch :awesome:

I wonder if Jack's sperm are also immortal ...

ReputationRep:
    There's a lot of things you can do with a stopwatch :awesome:

I wonder if Jack's sperm are also immortal ...
    Possibly one of the best lines ever. We speculated for a long time on LJ about it.

But, I suppose I should be off to bed. Night all.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else puzzled why there has been no mention or help from the Doctor?

I mean in such circumstances its a bit weird. Maybe a visit tommorow?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.