Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Ryanzmw)
    Yeah I'm in the same boat, got wrecked by STEP goodbye cambridge
    Best of luck tomorrow man

Do you find out your STEP scores tomorrow or at another time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Best of luck tomorrow man

Do you find out your STEP scores tomorrow or at another time?
    I can get them at midnight when I log into the website. Though, I'm not sure if I want results day to start by knowing I've failed, so I might wait until after I've gone in and got my A level results.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Ryanzmw)
    I can get them at midnight when I log into the website. Though, I'm not sure if I want results day to start by knowing I've failed, so I might wait until after I've gone in and got my A level results.
    Might be the best thing. Hey, you might surprise yourself though!

Really wishing you luck, I know how awful this evening is because of tomorrow looming over us all.

ReputationRep:
    Might be the best thing. Hey, you might surprise yourself though!

Really wishing you luck, I know how awful this evening is because of tomorrow looming over us all.
    Thanks, good luck to you too. And yeah, it's the worst.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    A-Level Results Day - 18th August 2016: Grade Boundaries

This discussion will be updated with links to grade boundaries for different exams so you can work out what grade you probably got in your exams before the official grades are announced

You've made it through your exams and the only thing left to do now is to collect your results. After a long year of hard work and revision I'm sure you'll be having fun on your summer holiday, ready for the good news that you've accomplished the grades you've worked for and secured your place at university or whatever you've planned your future towards. Still, I remember how anxious I was last year in the couple of days leading up to the big moment so make sure you do stuff to relax and take your mind off things, be it going out with friends or staying in and watching a great movie!

There can be a lot of things to think about on results day so we've made a few threads to help guide you through everything. Changing Skies has made a brilliant FAQ & Advice Thread for AS students whilst James A and rayquaza97 have set up threads where you can post your results for AS students and A2 students! There's also a really comprehensive general guide to results day and if you didn't do as well as you hoped or just want to prepare for everything, Black Rose has some great advice so there's no need to worry! You're also welcome to quote in the Study Helpers if there's anything you're still not sure on and we'll do our best to answer!

But for the hardcore, this thread will contain the hallowed documents that are the grade boundaries. As I'm sure a lot of you know, the exam boards release these before your actual results are published, usually on the day before results day. As soon as they're out you'll be able to find them below (where the text will have turned blue):
    (Most exam boards will have both the Notional and Raw to UMS grade boundaries in the same document, but if they're kept separately you just need to click the Notional bracket next to the exam board if you're on the new linear qualifications)

If you're not sure what the grade boundaries are all about, you can find some more information below. Otherwise, there's lots of help available on TSR so if there's any more guidance that you might need then don't hesitate to message me or the other Study Helpers with a question!

Remember, grade boundaries can help you predict your grade if you have a rough idea of what you might have got on each unit but there are other considerations to account for. If they're higher than you thought they might be, don't panic! From personal experience, results day can throw in some pleasant surprises.

Best of luck and all the best for the 18th!

FAQ

What are grade boundaries and what are they for?
    Grade Boundaries indicate the minimum raw marks required to achieve a certain grade for a unit of your subject. For each subject, you get a table which looks something like this:
    From here, you can see that to get a B in Edexcel Economics Unit 1 last year, you would need a minimum of 54 marks whilst an A needed 61 marks.

For subject specifications which do NOT follow the reformed A-level exams taught from or after September 2015, raw marks are also converted into UMS marks which go towards your final subject grade classification. In terms of UMS marks, the grade boundaries are usually:

[font=Tahoma]
    Do you have grade boundaries for eduqas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermanxxxxxx)
    I want to do dentistry so I need an a too but I reckon I've got a b so I'll be applying to only 2 unis next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which two Unis allow resits for dentistry ?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Xenon17)
    Do you have grade boundaries for eduqas?
    From my research, Eduqas are part of WJEC so you should be able to find grade boundaries in the WJEC link. If you check the code of the Eduqas qualification you can see if it matches anything in the webpage.

ReputationRep:
    To anyone who does As aqa Business, aqa Economics, aqa psychology and Ocr law, what do
    you think of the grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erzrocks)
    To anyone who does As aqa Business, aqa Economics, aqa psychology and Ocr law, what do
    I did AQA psychology but NEW spec AS, i think 105 for an A is very nice, down about 10 marks from last year for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nooonooo)
    Which two Unis allow resits for dentistry ?
    Leeds Plymouth Manchester and Sheffield(not 100% sure if I'm right about Sheffield)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    can someone post the boundary for a2 economics and business edexcel? website not working for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erzrocks)
    I do AQA Applied Business and although it does not state that exact type on the pdf, I think I managed to find the correct exam unit. 45 / 60 for an A is typical for this exam (not sure if you did the same though). However,I did check last year's grade boundaries for the same paper and it was 41/60 for an A.

ReputationRep:
    Holy moly im so nervous right now after looking at alevel grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have access to ocr interchange?

ReputationRep:
    anybody else having problems accessing Edexcels grade boundaries , keep getting redirected when i click on the link
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    This will probably sound stupid, but what do the grade boundaries mean by 'notional'? Especially for the reformed subjects?

Struggling to make sense of it, and the English lit OCR 'notional' boundaries seem so high...

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ict aqa is not on the grade boundaries any got a clue ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dididid)
    anybody else having problems accessing Edexcels grade boundaries , keep getting redirected when i click on the link
    yeh I am, have you figured out how to access the pdf yet?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by sevensevenseven)
    yeh I am, have you figured out how to access the pdf yet?
    (Original post by dididid)
    Edexcel keep changing the grade boundary link for some reason. I've updated the OP to the latest one now.

This will probably sound stupid, but what do the grade boundaries mean by 'notional'? Especially for the reformed subjects?

Struggling to make sense of it, and the English lit OCR 'notional' boundaries seem so high...
    Notional grade boundaries are for the new linear qualifications that started from last year. Because these now follow a linear format rather than the modular format that A-Levels were, they don't have UMS marks or an official grade for each unit. The only thing graded is your subject, which is determined by the number of raw marks you get in your exams.

The reason why exam boards have notional grade boundaries is to illustrate what kind of mark you would have got under the old system where each unit is graded and your raw mark was converted into UMS marks which contributed towards your subject grade. Notional grade boundaries are just to give you an idea of how well you've done in a unit, they're not actual grade boundaries for the unit and won't contribute to your subject grade.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.