Film Fanatics Society - Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
zjs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rofflewaffle)
That was just my opinion. I find Jim Carrey very difficult to watch in any role, his voice, the way he acts etc, I'm not a fan. It was unbelievable for me, because I just wasn't convinced by the acting/setting. And for me, a good film is a film that no matter how far-fetched the plot/situation is, by the end of it you really do believe what happened. As for your last point, that's what I felt as well, at the end it all seemed kind of rushed, they could have made more out of it.
I just liked the concept, really. As a 'different' film that's fairly entertaining all the way through, it did its job. It fell down in terms of realism - although its one of Carrey's slightly more believable roles, imo. That's not saying much though, as Jim Carrey plays Jim Carrey in every role he's ever had. It wasn't perfect, or any artistic gem, but I still thought it was fairly good :yep:
SirRamAlot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by win2kpro)
Most of my friends had already seen it so we decided to watch Salt instead. - I will watch it soon enough. :hand:
How did you find Salt?
rofflewaffle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by reems23)
It wasn't slow and boring mannn, it was well paced and an interesting concept (especially the philosophical questions it posed.) The acting was good and clever and I really connected with the characters. It was meant to be weird and unbelievable. Hm. Watch Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind. It is better than The Truman Show and more of a mind ****.
I like weird, I just don't like unbelievable.

Okay. I'll tell you what I think when i've watched it.
JHar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rofflewaffle)
No you're right, it is that one .
Ah, really? Comes to show how my memory works xD
I don't know if this still is easy or not, but hey, let's give it a shot.

win2kpro
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SirRamAlot)
How did you find Salt?
Pretty good! I enjoyed it. :yep:

At times I didn't know what was happening exactly but it was kind of predictable at the end.
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Use spoilers for Inception please, still haven't seen it.

Also, Salt was pretty good actually! :top:
I was disappointed with Salt. I was hoping for a female Bourne, but it was just an action film.
win2kpro
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Phalanges)
I was disappointed with Salt. I was hoping for a female Bourne, but it was just an action film.
I read that review about it being similar to Bourne. - Nowhere near in my opinion. :nope: - Hence why I never trust reviews. :p: - It wasn't anything spectacular but it was a pretty decent watch.

Spoiler:
Show
Also, offtopic but have you seen this DIY Lipo? :afraid: - Friend linked it to me this morning. :shock:

S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
Cant decide between the The Expendables or Salt. Your thoughts?
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
Cant decide between the The Expendables or Salt. Your thoughts?
Salt is a better movie, but Expendables is more fun (and ultimately more memorable). I'd personally go for Expendables.

I read that review about it being similar to Bourne. - Nowhere near in my opinion. :nope: - Hence why I never trust reviews. :p: - It wasn't anything spectacular but it was a pretty decent watch.

Spoiler:
Show
Also, offtopic but have you seen this DIY Lipo? :afraid: - Friend linked it to me this morning. :shock:

Which review said it was?

Also, I have no more interest in watching idiots try and suck fat out of themselves than I do in watching people kill fetuses with coathangers, so I won't watch that. Plus I've just eaten. :p:
win2kpro
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Which review said it was?

Also, I have no more interest in watching idiots try and suck fat out of themselves than I do in watching people kill fetuses with coathangers, so I won't watch that. Plus I've just eaten. :p:
Quiet a few reviews have mentioned something similar. Here's one for example:

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/...asp?FID=135121

And, lol. You should be able to eat and watch surgery at the same time by now. :p:
zjs
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
"windows2000professional" :facepalm2:

The Expendables, actually worth watching?
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Quiet a few reviews have mentioned something similar. Here's one for example:

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/...asp?FID=135121

And, lol. You should be able to eat and watch surgery at the same time by now. :p:
Empire's not saying it's similar to Bourne though. :p: Their reviews are generally very good.

Maiming yourself is not surgery. :fyi:

(Original post by thejonsmith)
he Expendables, actually worth watching?
It's not a "must-see" film, but I'm glad that I saw it.
zjs
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's not a "must-see" film, but I'm glad that I saw it.
It's not in Die Hard 4.0 or Rambo (the latest) territory, is it? I couldn't watch another action film like either of the latest offerings in those series'. :hand:
win2kpro
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Empire's not saying it's similar to Bourne though. :p: Their reviews are generally very good.

Maiming yourself is not surgery. :fyi:
Yeah, but was expecting it to be sort of similar. "sort of post-Bourne spy"

Lol, did you watch it then? :rofl:

Funniest part is right at the end of the video. "ps. Dont do this operation unless you are a medical doctor." :lolwut:
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by thejonsmith)
It's not in Die Hard 4.0 or Rambo (the latest) territory, is it? I couldn't watch another action film like either of the latest offerings in those series'. :hand:
It's better than both of those. I'd say it's better than films like Transporter but not as good as Shoot 'Em Up.
zjs
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's better than both of those. I'd say it's better than films like Transporter but not as good as Shoot 'Em Up.
The Transporter's massively overrated anyway, imo, but I see your point. I was thinking of giving it a watch anyway, just because it looks like it'd at least fall into the 'so cheesy it's great' category.
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Lol, did you watch it then? :rofl:

Funniest part is right at the end of the video. "ps. Dont do this operation unless you are a medical doctor." :lolwut:
No, but I can imagine how it would go. :p:

I want to go and watch Bourne now, I may have to indulge later. :holmes:
win2kpro
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No, but I can imagine how it would go. :p:

I want to go and watch Bourne now, I may have to indulge later. :holmes:
Enjoy. You better watch all three. :beard:
zjs
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
May have to watch Anchorman on BBC3 at 8, then switch over to Bourne (Identity) on ITV at 10.
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Guys, what do you think of this post as a film reviewing guide for beginners? Can you think of anything to add?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (252)
27.18%
No (675)
72.82%

Watched Threads