The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

win2kpro
Most of my friends had already seen it so we decided to watch Salt instead. :colonhash: - I will watch it soon enough. :hand:

How did you find Salt?
reems23
It wasn't slow and boring mannn, it was well paced and an interesting concept (especially the philosophical questions it posed.) The acting was good and clever and I really connected with the characters. It was meant to be weird and unbelievable. Hm. Watch Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind. It is better than The Truman Show and more of a mind ****.

I like weird, I just don't like unbelievable.

Okay. I'll tell you what I think when i've watched it.
Reply 1142
rofflewaffle
No you're right, it is that one :h:.

Ah, really? Comes to show how my memory works xD
I don't know if this still is easy or not, but hey, let's give it a shot.

SirRamAlot
How did you find Salt?

Pretty good! I enjoyed it. :yep:

At times I didn't know what was happening exactly but it was kind of predictable at the end. :h:
win2kpro
Use spoilers for Inception please, still haven't seen it. :h:

Also, Salt was pretty good actually! :top:

I was disappointed with Salt. I was hoping for a female Bourne, but it was just an action film.
Phalanges
I was disappointed with Salt. I was hoping for a female Bourne, but it was just an action film.

I read that review about it being similar to Bourne. - Nowhere near in my opinion. :nope: - Hence why I never trust reviews. :p: - It wasn't anything spectacular but it was a pretty decent watch.

Spoiler

Phalanges

Cant decide between the The Expendables or Salt. Your thoughts?
S-man10
Cant decide between the The Expendables or Salt. Your thoughts?

Salt is a better movie, but Expendables is more fun (and ultimately more memorable). I'd personally go for Expendables.

win2kpro
I read that review about it being similar to Bourne. - Nowhere near in my opinion. :nope: - Hence why I never trust reviews. :p: - It wasn't anything spectacular but it was a pretty decent watch.

Spoiler

Which review said it was?

Also, I have no more interest in watching idiots try and suck fat out of themselves than I do in watching people kill fetuses with coathangers, so I won't watch that. Plus I've just eaten. :p:
Phalanges
Which review said it was?

Also, I have no more interest in watching idiots try and suck fat out of themselves than I do in watching people kill fetuses with coathangers, so I won't watch that. Plus I've just eaten. :p:

Quiet a few reviews have mentioned something similar. Here's one for example:

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/reviewcomplete.asp?FID=135121

And, lol. You should be able to eat and watch surgery at the same time by now. :p:
Reply 1149
"windows2000professional" :facepalm2:

The Expendables, actually worth watching?
win2kpro
Quiet a few reviews have mentioned something similar. Here's one for example:

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/reviewcomplete.asp?FID=135121

And, lol. You should be able to eat and watch surgery at the same time by now. :p:

Empire's not saying it's similar to Bourne though. :p: Their reviews are generally very good.

Maiming yourself is not surgery. :fyi:

thejonsmith
he Expendables, actually worth watching?

It's not a "must-see" film, but I'm glad that I saw it.
Reply 1151
Phalanges

It's not a "must-see" film, but I'm glad that I saw it.

It's not in Die Hard 4.0 or Rambo (the latest) territory, is it? I couldn't watch another action film like either of the latest offerings in those series'. :hand:
Phalanges
Empire's not saying it's similar to Bourne though. :p: Their reviews are generally very good.

Maiming yourself is not surgery. :fyi:

Yeah, but was expecting it to be sort of similar. :h: "sort of post-Bourne spy"

Lol, did you watch it then? :rofl:

Funniest part is right at the end of the video. "ps. Dont do this operation unless you are a medical doctor." :lolwut:
thejonsmith
It's not in Die Hard 4.0 or Rambo (the latest) territory, is it? I couldn't watch another action film like either of the latest offerings in those series'. :hand:

It's better than both of those. I'd say it's better than films like Transporter but not as good as Shoot 'Em Up.
Reply 1154
Phalanges
It's better than both of those. I'd say it's better than films like Transporter but not as good as Shoot 'Em Up.

The Transporter's massively overrated anyway, imo, but I see your point. I was thinking of giving it a watch anyway, just because it looks like it'd at least fall into the 'so cheesy it's great' category.
win2kpro
Lol, did you watch it then? :rofl:

Funniest part is right at the end of the video. "ps. Dont do this operation unless you are a medical doctor." :lolwut:

No, but I can imagine how it would go. :p:

I want to go and watch Bourne now, I may have to indulge later. :holmes:
Phalanges
No, but I can imagine how it would go. :p:

I want to go and watch Bourne now, I may have to indulge later. :holmes:

Enjoy. You better watch all three. :beard:
Reply 1157
May have to watch Anchorman on BBC3 at 8, then switch over to Bourne (Identity) on ITV at 10. :h:
Guys, what do you think of this post as a film reviewing guide for beginners? Can you think of anything to add?
Phalanges
Guys, what do you think of this post as a film reviewing guide for beginners? Can you think of anything to add?

Excellent guide :yy:

Things to perhaps add

:h:

Latest

Trending

Trending