Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dubliner)
    Should have moved to Scotland if you want free university :yes:

I have family in england so practically, it made more sense in my particular situation.
    The quality of life is topnotch back home and I cant wait to return!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taivaallinen)
    No, a Scottish person is white, and isn't muslim.

You are Pakistani.
    And you must be related to that women in the tram.

ReputationRep:
    oh the irony of a white British person ranting on about foreign people taking over the country, when the brits have been ruling other peoples lands for 100's of years.

it's karma *****!

ReputationRep:
    No, a Scottish person is white, and isn't muslim.

You are Pakistani.
    are you retarded ?

being Scottish and Muslim are not mutually exclusive

ReputationRep:
    Isn't she lucky that she has her kid sitting on her lap, if I was there and her kid wasn't there, I would have slapped her to 'Negrora'

ReputationRep:
    I would hate living here if it wasn't for multiculturalism...what a boooooooooring place it'd be!!

ReputationRep:
    Funny (as in funny weird) because a couple of weeks ago I saw the exact same thing. There was an alcoholic in the afternoon on a bus going on about pretty much the same thing. Racism, 'pakis', 'my Britain' etc. Not shouting it out, but talking loudly with his friend. Cos he's a real funny guy I assume.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erniiee)
    Well you clearly haven't read the article properly.

You need to find some actual evidence to back up your claims, and beside that, what is your actual point? At the moment I'm just pointing out what you've said that is assumption rather than truth.

"54 per cent of the street crimes committed by men in London, along with 46 per cent of the knife crimes and more than half of the gun crimes, are thought by the Metropolitan Police to have been committed by black men.
    Or at least, the police “proceed against” black men in those proportions for each of those crimes.
    Crime statistics have to be approached with extreme caution, because it is very easy to leap to conclusions which are not justified by the figures.
    "

Exactly as you have just done.
    My point is that targetting young black men when it comes to stopping and searching, makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blu tack)
    Do you actually know that for a fact? There have been studies showing that white people with criminal records can get jobs quicker than black people with no criminal records. It's not exactly the same situation but definitely shows that discrimination exists.

And besides, the fact that discrimination exists when people have the same qualifications isn't bad enough?
    That study was in America. Plus it didn't measure white ex-cons against black without criminal records, the study stated that blacks had a lower percentage of success than a white-ex con so no it doesn't constitute as evidence. I don't know it for a fact but if you care to prove otherwise, I'm not complaining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smashah)

Now for a bit of intentional controversial and completely ignorant 'tarring with the same brush' type questions:

is this what 'British' people think?

I know many people don't think like this ***** but this is appaling.

should she have her kid taken away from her?

You see the other 'British' woman didn't defend the others but was more concerned with having to take care of her baby that was about to wake up, which means one 'British' woman was being racist, and the other 'British' woman was just letting it pass, being more worried about something else. So does that mean that most 'British' woman think like this?

You also have to admit that the lady arguing with the raving ***** had no reason to say 'We're here because you don't work, go find a job', that's wrong and a bit racist within itself.

what do you think?

If you allow her to have this opinion is it because you project the same feelings?

EDIT: Sources tell me that #TheGuyInTheBackground that stood up is named Enoque. Cheers for Enoque! The man that can be humbled by hugs!
    Good thing this wasn't on the London 183 bus at 9 o'clock. ***** would have got killed.

ReputationRep:
    No, working for the NHS helps the economy. They wouldn't qualify for a council house so of course they'd have to rent privately. So, once again: how do they benefit our society?

It's a bit silly for you to say that every nationality except British people in your area works when it's impossible for you to know that.
    Doctors don't benefit our society?

Here, let me clarify: Most British people in my area, that I am aware of, do not seem to work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faith01)
    Isn't she lucky that she has her kid sitting on her lap, if I was there and her kid wasn't there, I would have slapped her to 'Negrora'
    Yes very clever, then that makes you even more the animal than her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neom)
    The best way to think of it is in the context of the criminal justice system. You're usually given a lighter sentence or the benefit of the doubt if you're white. The same thing extends out into the rest of the world.

For example, poor black and whites may not have access to healthcare, but poor black are less likely to be given pain medication because they're thought to abuse it.

A job application with a 'white'-sounding name will be more likely to be given an interview than one with a 'black'-sounding name.

White Privileged is not the same as class privileged. It means that if you are a poor white person and and there is a poor black person in the same economic boat, you will have a leg up because of being white. You are more likely to get a job. More likely to get a promotion. More likely to get better health care. More likely to develop connections with people who look like you. More likely to finish school and if you are a white female you benefit more from affirmative action than a black person does. Now a black rich person may have more opportunities than a white poor person, but, a white rich man trumps everybody, including the black rich man.

Which is why the economic downturn has effected more black people on average because they tend to be the last hired and the first fired.

That disparity isn't random. It's the reality of our system at work. And it leans towards white people, whether they are poor, or rich, or somewhere inbetween.
    Wait wait wait, why would a black person be denied pain relieving medication? We do have the NHS, so even poor whites have access to treatment (are you refering to America?).

The point I'm making is that the fact whites are seen has having an advantage in society, is in itself a disadvantage, as things such as affirmative action are put in place to offset the advantage the white man gets. The problem is that the evidence on which the existence of working class white priviledge is based is shaky. If you're white and working class surely the fact that people believe in this white priviledge is a disadvantage i.e. people will look down on the poor white man more than the poor black man, as the poor black can give white racism as being the reason for his poverty whereas the poor white man must be a real dumbass if he's still poor in spite of the fact that white men get everything just given to them.

Is black underrepresentation in the tops jobs due to white racism or poor academic attainment? The highly skilled Nigerians who come over here for work get good jobs, why doesn't white racism affect these people as well (the same goes for poor Chinese etc).

Speaking from personal experience, it seems that middle class whites are more concerned with being extra nice to Afro-Caribean (can't stand that term) black people to make sure everyone else knows what a foward thinking little white person they are. Whilst I feel that using black people to earn liberal points in this way is in itself a form of racism, surely this would extend to not being racist when it comes selecting people to come to the interview. Obviously an empirical study is better evidence that my own experience, but even these have limitations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PendulumBoB)
    My point is that targetting young black men when it comes to stopping and searching, makes sense.
    Okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambrosse)
    Yes very clever, then that makes you even more the animal than her.
    I would've ****ed her up and I'm not black, In fact I would headbutt her regardless if she had that kid in her hand, because that kids going to grow up a racist ignorant prick anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uer23)
    I would've ****ed her up and I'm not black, In fact I would headbutt her regardless if she had that kid in her hand, because that kids going to grow up a racist ignorant prick anyway.
    Why's that important?

You disgust me; it makes sense just to politely tell people like that to be quiet rather than escalating the situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neom)
    The best way to think of it is in the context of the criminal justice system. You're usually given a lighter sentence or the benefit of the doubt if you're white. The same thing extends out into the rest of the world.

For example, poor black and whites may not have access to healthcare, but poor black are less likely to be given pain medication because they're thought to abuse it.

A job application with a 'white'-sounding name will be more likely to be given an interview than one with a 'black'-sounding name.

White Privileged is not the same as class privileged. It means that if you are a poor white person and and there is a poor black person in the same economic boat, you will have a leg up because of being white. You are more likely to get a job. More likely to get a promotion. More likely to get better health care. More likely to develop connections with people who look like you. More likely to finish school and if you are a white female you benefit more from affirmative action than a black person does. Now a black rich person may have more opportunities than a white poor person, but, a white rich man trumps everybody, including the black rich man.

Which is why the economic downturn has effected more black people on average because they tend to be the last hired and the first fired.

That disparity isn't random. It's the reality of our system at work. And it leans towards white people, whether they are poor, or rich, or somewhere inbetween.
    You don't actually believe that, do you? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PendulumBoB)
    Why's that important?

You disgust me; it makes sense just to politely tell people like that to be quiet rather than escalating the situation.
    U srs brah ? You think me telling her politely to be quiet she would listen to me. Some people need to be taught differently.

ReputationRep:
    Yes her actions and words are pretty appalling. But there's nothing wrong with being anti-immigration.

Unfortunately this video will be trotted out by all the Marxists and Leninists in order to demonize and delegitimize anyone who expresses an anti-immigration stance. In other words, morons like this play into the hands of the left. And so it comes as no surprise that the left-leaning majority of TSR have already marked this thread with their smug satisfaction by screaming 'racist!!!' at this woman and getting together in collectively mocking any politically incorrect views.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    She's entitled to her own opinion.
    rude opinion like that should be kept to herself!

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.