Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadster)
    Poundland have a strategy of internal growth. They are opening hundreds of new stores
    Alright and they have been successful over the years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AClown'sPocket)
    You need an A at AS level to be in contention of getting an A* at A2
    No you don't.

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of this one? This is one of the first culture ones I didAttachment 228318
    Attachment 228320Attachment 228321
    Much better. if you notice after EVERY paragraph you link back to the question, and your points and examples are relevent.
    You deserve what you got but i feel you could of significantly topped your marks with a longer evaluation and conclusion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BARCEMO)
    Could you please send me your information on zappos.... all i have relating to that is google keeping its acquisitions' cultures the same e.g. zappos and youtube
    All my research is handwritten, but worry not.... I think I have some good links. Bear with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzix)
    I got over 90% at AS and I (think) I did well in unit 3, say low A high B , so any idea what the lowest I coulod get on this paper is to get an A overall??
    Low C -ish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iggyDash)
    Much better. if you notice after EVERY paragraph you link back to the question, and your points and examples are relevent.
    You deserve what you got but i feel you could of significantly topped your marks with a longer evaluation and conclusion
    Thanks a lot. I don't know who negged you, but I am out of rep....will rep you tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    'As long as they brought home the bacon' has to be my favourite quote to remember for this exam :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot. I don't know who negged you, but I am out of rep....will rep you tomorrow
    Lol dont worry aha some weird people out there. plus what have you got for corporate/contingency planning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BARCEMO)
    Could you please send me your information on zappos.... all i have relating to that is google keeping its acquisitions' cultures the same e.g. zappos and youtube
    http://about.zappos.com/our-unique-c...os-core-values
    http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/226003 5% employee turnover :eek: 75% repeat purchase

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone briefly give me advantages of changing the culture of a business and disadvantages.

Also if possible what businesses have you studied for the topics in section B. I was thinking this

Economic environment:??

Political and Legal:??

Social environment: BP (Oil spills) and Cadbury managing the salmonella thing in 06 well. Ethical issues could include primark and the child labour and apple and the Foxconn suicides.

Technological environment: Apple and their products along with Samsung doing well. Sony trying to hard to catch up on competitors in all markets leading them to lose ground in their primary markets.

Competitive environment:??

A reply ASAP would be appreciated :top:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowster)
    'As long as they brought home the bacon' has to be my favourite quote to remember for this exam :lol:
    Hahaha sameeee oh and i also love "the fish rots from the head down"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shannonsnelling)
    you could use BA (willie walsh) as an example of a business which tried to change culture but experienced employee resistance, as employees didnt want to lose the benefits/perks they had got.

also in the change of culture essay you can talk about...
    how competitors make change easier e.g. samsung always have Apple to compare to and so this makes it easier for them to change because they need to in order to keep up! Also Kodak is an example of a business which didnt change in time because they became complacent and believed they would just carry on being successful. But as Alex Ferguson always does, you should change when you're at the top!

the japanese 'salaryman' culture. Many of those working in Japan are extremely loyal to the company and the company is extremely loyal to them. A employee turned up to work with a broken leg to show togetherness - this means employees are more likely to support change. contrasts Amazon where they have a 'slave labour' culture - so employees are much less willing to help out because the company does not treat them well and there is also less room for Amazon to change by cost cutting as they are already on minimum wage!

Also change requires cash too!!! Apple have the ability to change because of their large cash pile - $137bn whereas companies such as HMV who needed to change did not have the cash to do so...debt of £180m, so they couldnt change even if they wanted to.

Hope this helps!! x
    Thanks for this, do you have anymore on industrial disputes during the change at BA or anything else.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon my best one is Unilever

CSR, Emerging markets, Takeovers, Leadership

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iggyDash)
    Lol dont worry aha some weird people out there. plus what have you got for corporate/contingency planning?
    I don't have much. I have the Cadbury's and Salmonella case study & also the BP oil spill (should've taken more care and planned better in this case)

ReputationRep:
    Please could someone explain to me why BP is an 'against' paragraph for contingency planning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicejackson95)
    Please could someone explain to me why BP is an 'against' paragraph for contingency planning?
    Presumably because they had no back up plans for what they would do if an oil spill actually happened (Which it has done) and so now they're paying the price for it, ruining their reputation. I haven't done BP, but I guess that's about right

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it's against.... I'd say it's in favour of contingency planning. They clearly didn't do enough and had to face high costs as a consequence. If they had carried out higher levels of contingency planning, they would've been more cautious and perhaps the oil spill wouldn't have even happened

ReputationRep:
    I don't have much. I have the Cadbury's and Salmonella case study & also the BP oil spill (should've taken more care and planned better in this case)
    Could you upload/send me your information of the salmonella case study?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it's against.... I'd say it's in favour of contingency planning. They clearly didn't do enough and had to face high costs as a consequence. If they had carried out higher levels of contingency planning, they would've been more cautious and perhaps the oil spill wouldn't have even happened
    so what is contingency planning?

ReputationRep:
    It failed to plan for the possibility of an oil spill as happened in the Gulf of Mexico, there was no plan in place and this resulted ina failure to control the spill.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.