Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure I dropped about 20 marks just making stupid stupid mistakes. Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali_Ludley)
    I thought it was the 'propellants in aerosols' and not just the 'aerosols' themselves. I'm not sure if it matters though...
    The propellants in aerosols can be CFCs. So that would make CFCs used AS propellants in aerosols. I think. It should be fine..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tejmasta)
    What were the large scale uses of chlorine?
    I wrote disinfectant and for purifying drinking water? or something like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super121)
    Yea, I agree. It also depends on how smart the cohort is. If they are smart boundaries go up regardless on how easy/hard the paper is (like in June 2012 )
    thats a really good point, I didn't think of that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregzzzter)
    I put flame retardants for the other use of CFCs is that right? and what does CFC actually stand for?
    Chlorofluorocarbons. and I wrote blowing agents for that one, it was quite literally the only thing on my mind because my friend and I made this inappropriate joke in the morning around it haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tejmasta)
    What were the large scale uses of chlorine?
    i wrote PVC and water treatment

ReputationRep:
    would saying propellants for the CFC questions be alright guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nukethemaly)
    Exactly what I wrote :P

Chlorofluorocarbons. and I wrote blowing agents for that one, it was quite literally the only thing on my mind because my friend and I made this inappropriate joke in the morning around it haha
    Haha ditto

ReputationRep:
    hahahaha, damn that would of been a good way of remembering it. Nice I put chlorofluorocarbons, thought it was a hard paper though. Hopefully 75/80 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigerz)
    Exactly what I wrote :P

Haha ditto
    I thought of the word 'purify' but its not actually purifying the liquid, in fact it is making it more impure by adding chlorine. It kills bacteria but that isn't the same as purifying. I'm not sure what the MS will be like on this though.

ReputationRep:
    I put flame retardants for the other use of CFCs is that right? and what does CFC actually stand for?
    I think flame retardants is exclusive to bromine

ReputationRep:
    I wrote Anhydrous Potassium Sulphate....Is that acceptable? Knew i should of put Sodium -_-'

ReputationRep:
    has anyone made an unofficial markscheme???

ReputationRep:
    Is there any chance of an unofficial mark scheme being posted? There was one for Core 2 maths that I did two week ago, don't know if it's the same for Chemistry.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booooomblastruin)
    I think flame retardants is exclusive to bromine
    Chlorofluorocarbon

ReputationRep:
    Is there any chance of an unofficial mark scheme being posted? There was one for Core 2 maths that I did two week ago, don't know if it's the same for Chemistry.:rolleyes:
    OCR papers are really hard to get hold of for some reason :/

ReputationRep:
    do you have to say anhydrous to get the mark

I just said Magnesium Sulfate which i know is a drying agent =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JammyGit07)
    I wrote Anhydrous Potassium Sulphate....Is that acceptable? Knew is should of put Sodium -_-'
    Exactly the same perfect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali_Ludley)
    I thought of the word 'purify' but its not actually purifying the liquid, in fact it is making it more impure by adding chlorine. It kills bacteria but that isn't the same as purifying. I'm not sure what the MS will be like on this though.
    True that, I totally forgot about PVC etc I think i'll get 1 mark for that bit

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get 1,1,5- trimethyl hept-4-ene for the name of the molecule by any chance. It seems right to me when i work it out, but everyone seems to be writing other things...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.