Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody reached 5 weeks since his/her's 5 week e-mail has been sent? I'm up to 4 weeks and 1 day.. admittedly it's not been healthy of me to constantly check my e-mails..

ReputationRep:
    Guys today is my 2 weeks deadline and they still haven't got back to me yet. This is not good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was informed that if we get a 5 week email, we will have decisions on our outcome by the end of those 5 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    I was informed that if we get a 5 week email, we will have decisions on our outcome by the end of those 5 weeks.
    That is VERY exciting, Less than a week to go for me now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Hey, thanks for the information - where did you hear this?

From what I understand from this process, most of us will hear at the end of this 5 week period, but there's also a relatively high chance we'll be held in a pool with other applicants in order for them to make a more informed decision (as they're still receiving applications)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PierreIsNotMyName)
    That is VERY exciting, Less than a week to go for me now.

(Original post by QuestionsQ)
    Hey, thanks for the information - where did you hear this?

From what I understand from this process, most of us will hear at the end of this 5 week period, but there's also a relatively high chance we'll be held in a pool with other applicants in order for them to make a more informed decision (as they're still receiving applications)
    I may or may not have called admissions..

From what I understand, we'll not have to wait any longer than the 5 week period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ErHi?)
    Not too sure which department handles your application, it might be the economic history one?

However, I applied for Economic History as a single honours and I am currently 1 week and a day into the 5 week process and my predicted grades are A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Indeed it's in the economic history department. That's nice, I've achieved A*A*A

Finger crossed !! best of luck for you

Studio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)

From what I understand, we'll not have to wait any longer than the 5 week period.
    This makes sense. Although I was told the decision would take a maximum of 12 weeks... I can't really see why they would keep us waiting any longer than 5 weeks. What other email could they send after that? Currently got 4 weeks left of waiting... Eeeek!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudioBagel)
    Indeed it's in the economic history department. That's nice, I've achieved A*A*A

Finger crossed !! best of luck for you

Studio
    Woah haha, those are excellent grades surprised you haven't already got an offer with those attained grades because you far exceed the entry requirements

Same to you, LSE and the Econ History course is phenomenal so I really hope we get places!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracelich)
    This makes sense. Although I was told the decision would take a maximum of 12 weeks... I can't really see why they would keep us waiting any longer than 5 weeks. What other email could they send after that? Currently got 4 weeks left of waiting... Eeeek!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Beats waiting until March like I did last year.

3 weeks for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)

Ahaha, I'm glad someone did - I think we all appreciate it! I'm suddenly a lot more nervous.

Ahhhh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinkthings)
    Haha. Scary and exciting stuff. I really hope this is true. I would feel so let down if they decide to extend the 5 weeks or start placing borderline applicants in the gathered field.

Does anyone else's 5 week period end on the 29th of November?
    28th for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Beats waiting until March like I did last year.

3 weeks for me!
    Wow!! Couldn't imagine waiting that long...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    28th for me.
    14th for me :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinkthings)
    Haha. Scary and exciting stuff. I really hope this is true. I would feel so let down if they decide to extend the 5 weeks or start placing borderline applicants in the gathered field.

Does anyone else's 5 week period end on the 29th of November?
    Yep! I'm so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    My 2 weeks one 'expires' today and no email from them ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisa96)
    Same! What have you applied for?
    Applied for Management, still haven't got the 5 weeks email yet. I fear rejection D:

ReputationRep:
    rejected for math and econ
    3 weeks into the 5 week email
    apparebtly my personal statement was good but not as good as some other similar applicants
    i had 4A* predictions too

gutted worst day ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenbeast)
    apparebtly my personal statement was good but not as good as some other similar applicants

gutted worst day ever
    Oh man... This is disconcerting. So worried now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenbeast)

gutted worst day ever
    I am so sorry mate! Did they say it was down to your personal statement? May I ask what you got for AS? Where else did you apply? I am sure you will end up at an amazing uni, I mean apart from LSE there are other nice places such as UCL/Warwick/Oxbridge!

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.