Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Storme)
    I got 827.5 UKCAT, 6As at AS, 9A* and 1 A at GCSE but no interview from southampton yet. Should I be worried? I really, really don't want to get a rejection from them.....
    As far as I know, everyone with a UKCAT from the top to 780 who meets the other entry requirements and is applying for the 5 year course has had an interview :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibbyG)
    As far as I know, everyone with a UKCAT from the top to 780 who meets the other entry requirements and is applying for the 5 year course has had an interview :/
    Yeah, that's why I'm so worried.......
    Can you think of any obscure entry requirements I might have missed?

Do you think it's worth contacting them or is that really pushy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Storme)
    Yeah, that's why I'm so worried.......
    Can you think of any obscure entry requirements I might have missed?

Do you think it's worth contacting them or is that really pushy?
    I can't think of any :/ I would contact them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibbyG)
    5 years
    10A*'s 1A GCSE
    4A at AS
    780 UKCAT
    Some other qualifications like spoken English, dance and advanced maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanx indeed

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Hope everyone's application is great.

I need a bit of advice.

I want to study Medicine in European Countries like France, Italy,etc,etc. Does anyone know where I can apply and find info about these unis and courses.

I have done my A-Levels and go AAA in the usual subjects. Also, I dont mean to sound picky but are there uni's with low fees .

Any help will be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woztar)
    Hello,

I need a bit of advice.

I want to study Medicine in European Countries like France, Italy,etc,etc. Does anyone know where I can apply and find info about these unis and courses.

I have done my A-Levels and go AAA in the usual subjects. Also, I dont mean to sound picky but are there uni's with low fees .

In Italy you can find some courses in English

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fadytousa)
    In Italy you can find some courses in English

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know there is Pavia and Milan but you have to take the IMAT.

Are there any which do not require IMAT?

ReputationRep:
    I know there is Pavia and Milan but you have to take the IMAT.

Are there any which do not require IMAT?
    S. Raffaele but there are only 36 places

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fadytousa)
    S. Raffaele but there are only 36 places

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the reply. Are there any dental courses in Europe taught in English

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering for those of you who have had interview at Bristol, how do you think they went and what are your stats if you don't mind sharing? I'm still waiting to hear anything from them...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply. Are there any dental courses in Europe taught in English
    Sorry but I don't know.. you should ask the universities themselves

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's scary to think in around 8 weeks, we'll more or less know the outcome of our applications. *shudders*

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I need a bit of advice.

I applied to Poland (Lodz and Warsaw) and Czech Republic (Prague) last year and got offers from both but I decided not to take them.

You can look it up but I had to sit an entrance exam for it.

The courses there are 6 years though and you can't get loans. I also looked into Malta and Hungary.

Hope that helps

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

ReputationRep:
    Should I be worried if I haven't heard from any of my medical schools? no rejections or interviews or anything?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by adpeto)
    Should I be worried if I haven't heard from any of my medical schools? no rejections or interviews or anything?
    No you don't have much to worry about, it's only early January

ReputationRep:
    Got an email from Keele before Christmas that they are considering my application and will be in touch in the New Year. So far, I haven't heard anything else.

Did anyone receive this message from Keele?

ReputationRep:
    Lol dunno what's happened here:
    GCSEs: 14 A*s
    AS: 6 As
    predicted A2: 5 A*S
    BMAT: 5.9 6.9 3.5B

And already 2 post- interview rejections from birmingham and Oxford. I honestly don't think I performed that bad in the interview, especially in the scientific Oxford one as I really thought I gave the questions a good crack and answered to the best of my ability. I finished 2nd out of 1431 applciations for GCSEs in Oxford this year, and my BMAT was comfortably above the mean for accepted successful cnadidates tis year.

I'm really worried, does anybody have advice on what I should do? Thanks in advance guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mun_96)
    Lol dunno what's happened here:
    GCSEs: 14 A*s
    AS: 6 As
    predicted A2: 5 A*S
    BMAT: 5.9 6.9 3.5B

And already 2 post- interview rejections from birmingham and Oxford. I honestly don't think I performed that bad in the interview, especially in the scientific Oxford one as I really thought I gave the questions a good crack and answered to the best of my ability. I finished 2nd out of 1431 applciations for GCSEs in Oxford this year, and my BMAT was comfortably above the mean for accepted successful cnadidates tis year.

I'm really worried, does anybody have advice on what I should do? Thanks in advance guys
    Your grades are really good and ur ps must be great since u got two interviews. I think u definitely need to improve on your interview skills, you probably did come across as passionate as expressed in your personal statement. If I was you I'd get feedback from the unis, so you can see what let you down. Good luck!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara_A)
    Your grades are really good and ur ps must be great since u got two interviews. I think u definitely need to improve on your interview skills, you probably did come across as passionate as expressed in your personal statement. If I was you I'd get feedback from the unis, so you can see what let you down. Good luck!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can you ask for an explanation? To be honest everything there looks perfect, the only culprits in my opinion could be the interview, work experience or volunteering experience. I assume however that you had the last two!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    has anyone received any offers from leicester?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.