Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arva)
    Well done mate
    Thanks, well done to you too!
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    All these posts about people getting in and getting the results they wanted is making my heart warm, really. congratulations to you all, your achievements are amazing! I'm off to get my AS results and I'm so nervous. I pray I get good results. Good luck to the rest of you, may the force be with you! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    What this means is that they've accepted you for an alternate course from the original one you applied for.
    Ah, I see. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone recieved an email from Ucas?
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    If it makes anyone feel better, SKY and BBC News said that this year more applicants are getting into universities more than ever before! Meaning more good grades for everybody. *yay*

ReputationRep:
    How much sleep did you guys get? I only got around 3 hours XD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ythursday)
    got aad (whoops politics went from an a at as to a d ) needed aab, but sheffield let me in anyway!

Theoretical physics here i come!!!!!
    yay,. Down it fresherr!!

ReputationRep:
    Will the results come by post if i am overseas student?

ReputationRep:
    Help!
    I just got a place at my firm which I'm so happy about but i also got a place at my insurance. Do i need to phone up my insurance or something to let them know i'm not going to attend?

ReputationRep:
    Finally got through to my firm after like 1 hour of trying. They STILL havent made a decision about my application. I thought they got results on saturday? Will wait until mid-day and try again. If they havent decided and i decide to ask them to release me, would all the good clearing places be gone by tomorrow? What a crap position to be in right now!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chezsa)
    Help!
    I just got a place at my firm which I'm so happy about but i also got a place at my insurance. Do i need to phone up my insurance or something to let them know i'm not going to attend?
    Nope, you shouldn't need to. Your insurance will be informed that your firm accepted you unconditionally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chezsa)
    Help!
    No. If firm is willing to take you they automatically priority, no need to contact insurance.

ReputationRep:
    A*AA can't believe it, proudest moment of my life so far

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting on Warwick to decide whether or not to let me go. Got A*A*B2 when I needed A*A*A2. When is the latest I can expect track to be updated with the decision by?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamous12)
    Finally got through to my firm after like 1 hour of trying. They STILL havent made a decision about my application. I thought they got results on saturday? Will wait until mid-day and try again. If they havent decided and i decide to ask them to release me, would all the good clearing places be gone by tomorrow? What a crap position to be in right now!
    Nope there should still be loads of places available. Clearing won't open until 5.

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected from both unis amd can't apply through clearing because I haven't been released by my insurance even though I asked them to release me 30 mins ago :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ermahgerd
    ermah****ernggerd
    2 UMS off an A* on the art
    two ****ing UMS
    I mean, I still got in, but I worked so ****ing hard for an A* and just didn't get it.

and yeah. been doing a lot of retakes, that was my third attempt at C3 actually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123456789012)
    That's very nice! Well done. I got AAAB as well, and the B was in the subject I wanted to carry on with at A2. We're pretty much in the same situation. :beer:
    Well done to you too! I think I'm going to carry on with it regardless, as if I retake one unit it should be fine. It is annoying though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecosse_14)
    Nope, you shouldn't need to. Your insurance will be informed that your firm accepted you unconditionally.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Accepted by my firm and rejected by my insurance, haha. A bit cheeky :P! I spent ages trying to use ucas.ac.uk and wondering why it wouldn't load

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.