Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)
    Yes, Choccy is right, the deadline has passed for CC already.

Thanks mate! Realised I'm going to be spending a lot of time in London and not attending lectures this month!
    Fairly small price to pay, though good luck! I did a CC assessment centre in the summer so feel free to PM me if you want any info

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrlufc3131)
    Fairly small price to pay, though good luck! I did a CC assessment centre in the summer so feel free to PM me if you want any info
    Sorry, my bad!! Congrats and good luck. Going to be an anxious wait for me :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doodle20156)
    Congrats! When did you apply?
    Applied way back, it was one of the first I did, submitted near the start of October.

(Original post by crazyangelg)
    Invited to CC AC!
    Congratulations!

(Original post by mrlufc3131)
    Thanks mate, I will do!

(Original post by Pakman)
    Sorry, my bad!! Congrats and good luck. Going to be an anxious wait for me :/
    Don't worry, I'm sure you will be fine! Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    CC assessment day invite also, finally a response from my vac scheme apps haha!

ReputationRep:
    Another CC assessment centre invite here

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to all the CC ACers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyangelg)
    Invited to CC AC! 😊
    (Original post by STheBlondie)
    CC assessment day invite also, finally a response from my vac scheme apps haha! ������
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Another CC assessment centre invite here
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    Congrats to all the CC ACers!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to everyone invited to CC

On a separate note, these American firms are aggressive as hell! I just found out that Cooley's are planning on launching in London and have raided Edwards Wildman and MoFo to prepare.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:

I have never watched High School Musical, but I have this feeling that David Cameron's "we're all in this together" tagline was inspired from that song. Now if only he'd sing it during PMQ...

ReputationRep:
    Well done to everyone with CC AC invites. But did any of you apply just before the deadline?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de jure)
    Well done to everyone with CC AC invites. But did any of you apply just before the deadline?
    Yeah, submitted my application in the early hours of Monday 5th and then did my VR test in the afternoon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Yeah, submitted my application in the early hours of Monday 5th and then did my VR test in the afternoon.
    Thanks. I did both before that date. Looks like I'll just have to wait patiently.

ReputationRep:
    Who did people address their Kirkland cover letter to?

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from CC and Freshfields in the space of an hour :lol:

(very poorly worded email from CC)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Rejection from CC and Freshfields in the space of an hour :lol:

(very poorly worded email from CC)
    Commiserations!

What was poorly worded about it?

ReputationRep:
    Who did people address their Kirkland cover letter to?
    I wrote Dear Sir/Madam

But not sure that's necessarily right - could address it to Graduate Recruitment Team?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    Commiserations!

What was poorly worded about it?

Dear X

We have carefully considered your application form for the summer vacation scheme, and unfortunately based on the information you have provided, we regret not to be able to offer you a place on our Non-Law insight workshop. Please do not take our decision as any reflection on your ability or potential as a future solicitor. We do receive a large number of applications and are unable to invite every candidate to interview. We encourage you to make an application to the training contact which is open now until the
    31st January.

Definitely didn't apply for the non-law insight workshop (guessing a typo) and TC point is confusing..

ReputationRep:

Definitely didn't apply for the non-law insight workshop (guessing a typo) and TC point is confusing..
    Bit of a bad show from them. You'd expect when they insist on attention to detail, they would not make such typos in an email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de jure)
    I applied the day before the deadline

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.