Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unruly Marmite)
    Firstly, I don't think Israel should have been created anyway, but if it had to be created Europe would probably have been best, though that wouldn't wash. I'll ignore the clearly facetious tone of your response.
    Secondly, using Latin doesn't make you look clever. It makes you look pretentious. However, last I knew, Hamas is not a state, it isn't even the ruling party of Palestine, so it doesn't have civilians. And, even if it did, the Israeli armed forces do not purposefully target civilians, the deaths of civilians are a result of Hamas hiding among the populace to provoke this kind of response. What are Israeli armed forces supposed to do, allow Hamas to fire rockets at their cities unopposed?
    Thirdly, the point about the USA may be true, so I shall amend it. How many countries have been under attack by a group intent on wiping them from the face of the Earth and surrounded by nations that are, at best, unfriendly? This would trend to breed a certain degree of ruthlessness, I would assume.
    There is much evidence to believe that the Israeli army targets civilians. No wonder, as it constitutes predominantly of neo-nationalist fascists.

There is no evidence at all of Hamas 'hiding among populace to provoke this kind of response'; you Zionists just keep parroting this over and over, but never provide substantial proof for this claim. It is null.

How many countries were built on the skulls of dead Palestinians? How many countries are currently occupying land unlawfully on only religious grounds, demolishing homes to build new ones to fill them with foreigners who have no claim to the land whatsoever, arresting people and imprisoning them for no reason except a paranoia on their own part? How many people are oppressing their neighbouring country folk every day of the year? How many countries are operating a blockade on one the most densely populated areas of the earth, disallowing for betterment of livelihood for the millions of people living there, in addition to sporadically going crazy there by bombing the life out of the people of that area?
    'Hamas intends to wipe out Israel' - do you have proof for that, or are you simply conveying what you lapped up from the Zionist hasbara? Hamas has made Hamas's intentions clear, and Hamas's immediate intentions are certainly not to wipe out Israel.
    That said, if Hamas is a legitimate target simply because they do not believe in Israel's right to exist, then I too am a lawful target, because I do not believe that Israel has the right to plonk itself right smack on top of land stolen illegally and immorally from its previous owners.

The nations surrounding Israel today are far from hostile to it. Israel is NOT the victim, and never was. Israel/Zionism means to exploit the Jews' oppression for its own worldly, distasteful good.
    Israel is the oppressor, the coloniser, the murderer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felamaslen)
    Yes, because that gave them more power. Hamas is a known terrorist entity which wants to destroy Israel. How can you blame Israel for placing a blockade over their regime?
    Even humanitarian aid???

ReputationRep:
    Let me just say something...with the IDF's almost impregnable defence with the Iron Dome and it's highly trained military...why doesn't it stay in Israel, scout for tunnel networks and kill ground troops who attempt to enter. Surely that's just as effective in defending Israel and doesn't risk Palestinian lives?
    I realise that a group like Hamas shouldn't be allowed to have a store of rockets but when they're so weak in comparison to Israeli equipment and almost never hit the target, all attempts to destroy them do nothing but kill innocent people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo radical one)
    I'm the one running the contest therefore I get to set any requirements for winning.
    Spoil sport!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    @qassam_arabic1 stating that today, they have killed 2 Israeli soldiers and went toe to toe in the last couple of minutes with another bunch of Israeli soldiers where they managed to kill 10 more.

No confirmation from Israeli's about the deaths.

Captured Soldier: Ron Rosor, Israeli Ambassador to UN, flatly denied HAMAS had captured Shaul Aron (6092605) but the IDF have not confirmed nor denied this.
    Israeli casualties are relatively low given the environment they're operating in.

Additionally, 7 were killed in an APC which is like 50 years old and shouldn't be in Gaza - but is takes time to phase them out.

1 soldier was killed in friendly fire.

3 were trapped in a burning building.

Given that Hamas has spent 24/7 365 days a year planning terrorism, they're not doing great.

All those tunnels etc.

Imagine what they could have achieved if they actually put their efforts into building Gaza instead of using the cement to build tunnels.

Mind you, I guess that's what you can expect from a sub-human terrorist outfit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightowk)
    Where is the video evidence that hamas is hiding in civilian areas? Also why do they keep bombing those areas when they know civilians are there? where is the proof they are handing out leaflets and proof of the warnings they are giving?
    There was video evidence yesterday that the dirty ****ing ***** were using Ambulances to fight. The deceitful treacherous devils. Can't wait for them to be annihilated!

ReputationRep:
    I am absolutely disgusted at the amount of pro Israel threads here. You don't have to be muslim to support palestine just human. I hope people open their eyes after watching the video

https://youtube.com/watch?v=c9Gwpzvcp-c

Watching this video brings tears to my eyes, how can you say you support Israel when they killed hundreds of innocent civilians in a matter days. Then people have the nerve to call Muslims terrorist, what greater crime is their than this?

remember what happened 9/11 happens in gaza 24/7

ReputationRep:
    Yes, because that gave them more power. Hamas is a known terrorist entity which wants to destroy Israel. How can you blame Israel for placing a blockade over their regime?
    So Israel carries out collective punishment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yafman)
    remember what happened 9/11
    Yes, I do

ReputationRep:
    Hamas - "we are sending our people to death"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ridwan12)
    Even humanitarian aid???
    Israel sends aid to Gaza, does it not?

Anyway, the purpose of the blockade is not to harm Palestinians. That is an unfortunate side effect. Blame the disease, not the imperfect sticking plaster which Israel has to resort to. The disease is Hamas and its affiliates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    So Israel carries out collective punishment?
    What choice does it have when the alternative is to have its civilian population targeted?

Why aren't you blaming Hamas for the blockade? If they didn't exist, there would be no blockade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chindits)
    Yes, I do

Oh your one of those guys that gets all your information from the biased media. I can't see the media supporting Palestine or showing what the Israelies are doing to innocent civilians

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Move forward to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2YSO31A4gM#t=220

3:36

Now if Israel never implemented the iron dome, imagine the bloodshed. Hamas has not accepted a truce, this whole situation started over 3 innocent israeli teenagers being murdered.

Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri: “Only the Israeli version of the events has been published. Israel is attempting to make way for aggression against us, against Hamas. We reject all Israeli allegations and threats against us. We are already used to it and will know how to defend ourselves. No Palestinian group, Hamas or any other group, has taken responsibility for the action, and thus the Israeli version can’t be trusted.”

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chindits)
    Israeli casualties are relatively low given the environment they're operating in.
    Hey, a death is a death. Doesn't matter whether it is by an airstrike or by a bullet, all that matters to HAMAS is that you are dead.

Additionally, 7 were killed in an APC which is like 50 years old and shouldn't be in Gaza - but is takes time to phase them out.
    No one is talking about yesterday's deaths. The IDF have already confirmed another 7 killed including officers and over 30 injured.

Due to the time lag and the reluctance in which the IDF engage in when reporting Israeli soldier deaths, these figures by @qassam_arabic1 will probably not be confirmed by the IDF until much later....

1 soldier was killed in friendly fire.
    So much for precision and pinpoint accuracy.

3 were trapped in a burning building.
    Set on fire by Al Qassam Brigades via a rocket attack.

Given that Hamas has spent 24/7 365 days a year planning terrorism, they're not doing great.

All those tunnels etc.

Imagine what they could have achieved if they actually put their efforts into building Gaza instead of using the cement to build tunnels.

Mind you, I guess that's what you can expect from a sub-human terrorist outfit.
    For a group which only killed 2 soldiers in the last skirmish, having a ~2000%+ markup on that figure with rudimentary equipment is something that they feel is the best way to resist the occupation.

ReputationRep:
    good question, they should be...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo radical one)
    Because by definition being a state excludes something from being a terrorist
    There isn't a singular and necessary definition of terrorism; those which omit states - usually without reason - are patently ideological (if you look at their arguments why, where they exist, it's genuinely laughable). Most people in terrorist studies take terrorism to be a tactic, regardless of who uses it. Israel frequently commits terrorism; then again, dozens of other states do as well.

ReputationRep:
    What choice does it have when the alternative is to have its civilian population targeted?

Why aren't you blaming Hamas for the blockade? If they didn't exist, there would be no blockade.
    You condone collective punishment.

By the same token, HAMAS also practises collective punishment on the Israeli's.

You are as bad as HAMAS and Israel...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Now if Israel never implemented the iron dome, imagine the bloodshed. Hamas has not accepted a truce, this whole situation started over 3 innocent israeli teenagers being murdered.
    Absolutely right. It's so silly that people think Palestine is somehow morally superior to Israel on account of their higher death tolls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank the Tankk)
    Let me just say something...with the IDF's almost impregnable defence with the Iron Dome and it's highly trained military...why doesn't it stay in Israel, scout for tunnel networks and kill ground troops who attempt to enter. Surely that's just as effective in defending Israel and doesn't risk Palestinian lives?
    I realise that a group like Hamas shouldn't be allowed to have a store of rockets but when they're so weak in comparison to Israeli equipment and almost never hit the target, all attempts to destroy them do nothing but kill innocent people.
    This is due to Israel working on the principle that if someone flicks your ear it gives you the justification to cut off their arm and kill their whole family.

And although they have put certain "safety measures" in place to reduce the number of civilian deaths in Gaza it is very clear that these measures are nowhere near effective enough. I wonder how many deaths of innocent Palestinians it will take for Israel to think "hang on, we're actually doing more harm than good". I'm betting that figure is probably around 1.5million.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.