Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    None of this is legal or illegal - it's got nothing to do with the law.

I'd suggest that you get your tutor at KCL to contact Manchester on your behalf and explain the situation.
    I know it has nothing to do with law. All I am trying to say is that they have a rule -which they admitted to have- not to mark above 70. But yes, I guess the best thing I can try to do is to get my tutor to talk to them, if not contact myself.

Thank you anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Firming Manchester for Chemical Engineering- Oak House

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Sophie-x)
    Firming Manchester for Chemical Engineering- Oak House

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you already applied for accommodation?
    Are you going to the open house day on 16/03/14, or are you totally set on Oak House?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mytsr)
    Have you already applied for accommodation?
    Are you going to the open house day on 16/03/14, or are you totally set on Oak House?
    I've already applied, I'm not going to the open house day whatever that is (I live 4 hours away!) and yes, I'm set on Oak House You?

ReputationRep:
    I've already applied, I'm not going to the open house day whatever that is (I live 4 hours away!) and yes, I'm set on Oak House You?
    I haven't applied yet, I'm thinking Oak House but I'm not sure whether to go with or without a basin :dontknow:. Don't know if it's worth another £11 per week, depends how busy shared bathrooms would be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mytsr)
    I haven't applied yet, I'm thinking Oak House but I'm not sure whether to go with or without a basin :dontknow:. Don't know if it's worth another £11 per week, depends how busy shared bathrooms would be.
    I've applied for Oak House with basin. I thought it might come in handy, and it's not much more expensive. I don't actually know the 2014 prices though.
    I think it's two bathrooms between 8 people in a flat?
    What course have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for Oak House with basin. I thought it might come in handy, and it's not much more expensive. I don't actually know the 2014 prices though.
    I think it's two bathrooms between 8 people in a flat?
    What course have you applied for?
    Oh yeah thanks for pointing that out, I didn't realise those prices were for 2013-2014.

Name:  oak house 13-14.PNG
Views: 98
Size:  107.6 KB

Obviously I'm not good at noticing the details :rolleyes:.

I applied for Chemical engineering(with industry)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mytsr)
    Oh yeah thanks for pointing that out, I didn't realise those prices were for 2013-2014.

Name:  oak house 13-14.PNG
Views: 98
Size:  107.6 KB

Obviously I'm not good at noticing the details :rolleyes:.

I applied for Chemical engineering(with industry)
    Haha, I was misled at first too.

That's awesome- same here! Are you firming Manchester?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mytsr)
    I've made Manchester my firm choice for Chemical engineering(with industry).

I was also thinking of Oak House too, but I haven't applied for accommodation yet.
    Are you thinking of going to the open house day on March 16th?
    My friends sister lives in Oak House. Lovely green walls they have

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I was misled at first too.

That's awesome- same here! Are you firming Manchester?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I already have! I firmed Manchester on Sunday, it still feels kinda weird knowing I've done it :eek:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cyiarik)
    Green walls? Ewww.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mytsr)
    I already have! I firmed Manchester on Sunday, it still feels kinda weird knowing I've done it :eek:.
    In that case, see you in September :P I'm firming Manchester next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not entirely sure what to make of this, especially the emoticon it's creepy in a strange and ambiguous way...

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I've applied to study a modern European language with a middle eastern language and I have an interview tomorrow.
    for anyone who's had a languages interview, I realise this is a stupid question but will I actually be asked to speak in the language I want to study (French)? If so, what could I be asked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mytsr)
    Not entirely sure what to make of this, especially the emoticon it's creepy in a strange and ambiguous way...
    TINY ROOMS AND SICK GREEN BREEZE BLOCK WALLS!!

and i like the creepy one mwahahaah...

ReputationRep:
    Green walls? Ewww.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ahahaa but its dirt cheap and im a penny pincher so imma be living there if i get it as my first choice accomodation.

ReputationRep:
    In that case, see you in September :P I'm firming Manchester next week

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you applied for accommodation before firming(or insuring) Manchester, I didn't know that was possible.

Anyway see you in September then .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mytsr)
    It's 2 bathrooms between 8 people. Given that you'll all be on different schedules, the chances of a bathroom clash are minimal. I don't think I ever had a situation where both bathrooms were in use when I wanted to use them.

I had a sink in my room and TBH I wouldn't bother paying for it again. It only meant that I had to walk about 2 metres less when I wanted to brush my teeth, though the guys seem to think that the sinks in their rooms were an alternative urinal :puke:

Ah, fond memories of pale green breezeblock and no plaster on the walls :moon:

ReputationRep:

What have you applied for?
    Are you going to firm Manchester?
    (and Oak House are those green breeze block walls calling to you too )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam zaheer)
    anyone applied for accounting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey yeah got my offer, probably going to firm. Wbu ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.