Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got 3 ums of an a in eng literature and 5 ums of a in language should I remark any of them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermanxxxxxx)
    I got 3 ums of an a in eng literature and 5 ums of a in language should I remark any of them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah! That's really close!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAWK)
    Yeah! That's really close!
    Lol thanks just what I needed I was so dissapointed by my 4 b but after looking at the ums mark I could get them all to a

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else do bMathematics A (Linear) Option H' but only got one overall grade, no ums marks or broken down calculator and non calculator?? Sorry if this question has already been asked but I'm really confused because I want to know my scores not just a grade... Thanks )

ReputationRep:
    Lol thanks just what I needed I was so dissapointed by my 4 b but after looking at the ums mark I could get them all to a

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It can easily go up I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SukhS)
    Did anyone else do bMathematics A (Linear) Option H' but only got one overall grade, no ums marks or broken down calculator and non calculator?? Sorry if this question has already been asked but I'm really confused because I want to know my scores not just a grade... Thanks )
    I did I only got one grade and score but it's an a * so I'm fine with that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAWK)
    It can easily go up I reckon.
    It's likely especially if it's in essay topics where's there's no certain correct answers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's likely especially if it's in essay topics where's there's no certain correct answers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    With some luck, you should raise it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAWK)
    With some luck, you should raise it up.
    Wo awesome so that means my results would go from 2a* 3a 4b to 3a* 6a

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wo awesome so that means my results would go from 2a* 3a 4b to 3a* 6a

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    really need some advice on what to do about chemistry! I missed the boundary for an A* (360) by one UMS mark so I'm slightly disappointed knowing I was so close. I repeated my unit one exam already and due to not working hard enough I actually went down but thankfully kept my higher mark! in unit two I was right on the boundary for an A* (144) and my controlled assessment was also an A* (95) so therefore unit one (120) which was an A has let me down but I can't repeat it! I'm doing chemistry this year and would really love to get that one extra UMS mark! should I get a remark or repeat unit two? my raw mark in unit two was 101/115 so there's room for some improvement there and I know chemistry has a set mark scheme and it's difficult to go up but I'd just really love some help! thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamlynchy)
    really need some advice on what to do about chemistry! I missed the boundary for an A* (360) by one UMS mark so I'm slightly disappointed knowing I was so close. I repeated my unit one exam already and due to not working hard enough I actually went down but thankfully kept my higher mark! in unit two I was right on the boundary for an A* (144) and my controlled assessment was also an A* (95) so therefore unit one (120) which was an A has let me down but I can't repeat it! I'm doing chemistry this year and would really love to get that one extra UMS mark! should I get a remark or repeat unit two? my raw mark in unit two was 101/115 so there's room for some improvement there and I know chemistry has a set mark scheme and it's difficult to go up but I'd just really love some help! thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Remark dude I'm one if an a abd got told to remark catse it's likely to go up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SukhS)
    I think I did the same but I just went up to my maths teacher and asked what my scores were and she had them on paper and told me how many marks off I was to the next grade and how many I got on each. If you can go back into school or just ring them then they should be able to tell you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SukhS)
    Idk why, but they never give you a mark for maths, just a grade - annoying, I know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I was only told i got an a star, no ums, no calc. or non calc score, i wanted to know at least my ums score and my raw marks really, so i asked my teacher and she told me my raw marks which made me much more happy!
    I would advise you to just ask your teacher as it's worth it!

(Original post by Sarah Bethany)
    Idk why, but they never give you a mark for maths, just a grade - annoying, I know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Woops! Just realised someone had already replied with a similar answer. Sorry
    (Original post by nooonooo)
    Yes! I was only told i got an a star, no ums, no calc. or non calc score, i wanted to know at least my ums score and my raw marks really, so i asked my teacher and she told me my raw marks which made me much more happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nooonooo)
    Yeah, I will for my further maths I go back...did for maths last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could somebody please tell me how many ums marks were required for A/B for physics A OCR 21st century. Triple science ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by npba)
    Could somebody please tell me how many ums marks were required for A/B for physics A OCR 21st century. Triple science ???
    70 UMS = B
    80 UMS = A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Sarah Bethany;49682365]70 UMS = B
    80 UMS = A

Overall I achieved 277ums marks for physics. Would it be worth getting a remark as I believe I was 3 marks away from achieving a B grade ? I only messed up on one exam (p7) that stopped me from getting a B

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.