Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    :tumble:

Wanted to go to the gym today but the voices are so ****ing loud there's no way I could concentrate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)

Wanted to go to the gym today but the voices are so ****ing loud there's no way I could concentrate.
    thats one day, theres other days you can go, dont dwell on the bad things :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    Feel horrible and weak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    thats one day, theres other days you can go, dont dwell on the bad things :jumphug:
    That's a good point but I think my wife is gonna force me to go anyway. *sigh* Do not want

Btw I had an idea, it might be worth your while to research a bit about different antidepressants if you're going to ask to try one. That way you can look up particularly common side effects for each and try to avoid the ones you definitely don't want. I know it's not an exact science but some antidepressants are more notorious for certain things than others (for instance, mirtazapine and sleeping). (does that make sense? )

ReputationRep:
    That's a good point but I think my wife is gonna force me to go anyway. *sigh* Do not want

Btw I had an idea, it might be worth your while to research a bit about different antidepressants if you're going to ask to try one. That way you can look up particularly common side effects for each and try to avoid the ones you definitely don't want. I know it's not an exact science but some antidepressants are more notorious for certain things than others (for instance, mirtazapine and sleeping). (does that make sense? )
    humm, maybe suggest you go another day?

i never seem to be troubled by horrific side effects anyway, i think citalopram was my worst with the constant yawning, but yeah, ill discuss it with her on hopefully wednesday, see what she suggests, she may want to send me back to the MH team and see what a psych says

ReputationRep:
    Grumpy panda is grumpy :grumble:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Anything bothering you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    Anything bothering you?
    Life?
    And someone said theyd be here between 7 and 8 to pick up some games...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Friend ringing me but too scared to pick up
    Think it's about camping but I don't know 100% yet whether I can go/what's happening with it - too scared to click on the fb message so that I've "seen" it, and not sure what to say :sad:

Think I'll message them back at like 11 and say I was out/that I left my phone by my bed or something

Currently just want to go outside and cry or something though, but Auntie here and she probably wouldn't want me going out this late, and also would probably be scary walking to the cove

ReputationRep:
    Legit so sad that I can't get a puppy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs:

(Original post by purple-duck)
    Friend ringing me but too scared to pick up
    Think it's about camping but I don't know 100% yet whether I can go/what's happening with it - too scared to click on the fb message so that I've "seen" it, and not sure what to say :sad:

Think I'll message them back at like 11 and say I was out/that I left my phone by my bed or something

Currently just want to go outside and cry or something though, but Auntie here and she probably wouldn't want me going out this late, and also would probably be scary walking to the cove
    Awwww . :hugs:

(Original post by Odd socks)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wish i could have a pet. Never been able to have one. My dad hates animals so there was no chance of having one at my parents and being at uni and now a shared house after uni means I can't have one for a while either.

ReputationRep:
    Well, thanks! Think I'd prefer watching TNG anyway too
    TNG is my favourite too!

Can definitely relate to 1 and in part 2 :sadnod: :hugs:
    We moved house from where I went to school/sixth form this february, been a bit odd because I've had Uni inbetween then/before we moved, but been sad the last 2 holidays just because I can't really see them. Like a 3 hour drive away :/ Been up there once which was nice, and possibly seeing some of them again sometimes next month. I'm sorry you're apart from them though
    Also closest friends are in relationships too and relationships within our friendship "group" (even if I hate calling it that ) - and they're all really cute and I'm happy for them, but also end up feeling a bit left out? They've all had a great year with University/their partners and I'm just sort of stuck here... Sorry, me rambling a bit here.
    I've actually had a better weekend cos i have been busy and seen two really good friends. But it still gets to me. I guess I'm lucky I do have these friends, even if they are spread around. And one of them is coming to visit in a couple of weeks so that is one thing to look forward to.

:hugs:. Don't apologise! My friends are usually pretty good in that they don't rub my face in it and still try to include me and stuff. But it is still there almost mocking you like .

(Original post by Star-girl)
    How was your weekend?

ReputationRep:
    How was the bar?!

ReputationRep:
    :sigh:
    Whats the point?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    How was the bar?!
    Not too bad, thanks

I only said a little bit but I did enjoy the short conversations that I did have. And of course 3 pints of delicious cider went down well too

Scrabble sometime?

ReputationRep:
    Not too bad, thanks

I only said a little bit but I did enjoy the short conversations that I did have. And of course 3 pints of delicious cider went down well too

Scrabble sometime?
    Good Yea, sometimes you don't need to talk much, as long as you can relax a bit!

And sure. In slightly choppy waters tonight, but guess I should be ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Sounds very rough. I'm hugely unhelpful and responsive when woken up from my sleep. And I need, like, 10 hours of sleep to be in a vaguely good mood

Oh wow! That IS pretty amazing, dunno why you are playing it down! I got dead excited just reading that, even though I don't know which band and probs wouldn't have heard of them anyway (only listen to old tunes on my iPod :shakecane: ) Amazing that you managed to touch them and get it signed - go you! And well done for being at the front of the gig! Closest I've ever got at a gig was 5th row from front, standing :getmecoat:
    Tell me about it and even when I've had enough sleep I don't like to get out of bed until the 'proper time'

I couldnt remember if that was the good news or not I was so sleep deprived.Do you know the hives? Garage rock. They have an amazing live performance, great crowd interaction. I listen to some older music too, this band isn't the newest band in the world either really. I just kinda hung about after the gig, wandering almost aimlessly, tagging along. I try to be punctual for gigs so I arrive when the ticket says to arrive, get a drink of water and head to the stage. Usually I'm not completely at the front but really near. Gig before this I ended up only one row back from the front but also crushed. This time there was a tiny gap and at some point I slid in sideways into that gap because I was skinny enough and somehow ended up facing full forward too.

Also, man, do I hate not being able to cook for myself for extended periods. Other people either cook to their own tastes or can't cook very well. Not to toot my own horn but I can cook fairly well if I have my attention on it(I may have burnt some stuff when I got distracted). Tends to not be over or undercooked, well seasoned, taste well. What more can you want? I'm not saying I'm an expert by any means but I haven't been cooking too long and I don't like to spend much on food. Oh, and I tend to cook from scratch. Did something basic today - pork leg steak seasoned with pepper and broccoli. Budgets and limited resources.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweetNothing)
    I've took a break in listening to it now cause of the AM set <3 and whats u[? hope you're okay! :hugs:
    See above post That and rehoming pet and the camping (all sorta the same issue, but :sad:) Thanks though :hugs:
    I need to listen to more AM - got a few of their albums but it always seems to gruff for my mood (okay, not "gruff" I don't know what word I'd say to describe it )

You've been a lot more productive than me! Organised my shelves but that's pretty much it! :eek:

Not finished the monkey yet :sad: need to do it, been watching the F1, waiting for tesco to come this evening aswell

I would say go down the coast road but it will be littered with tourists wont it!!
    I'm sure you have time I really wish I could knit lil' characters to be fair
    Tesco come okay? Sorry about annoying people not turning up for the games :/

Traffic this weekend seems to just generally be fairy busy - I just went along a route I'm used to to sainsbury's Haven't really 'ventured along the coast road yet :eek: Should do at some point though

(Original post by Porridge510)
    Cool. I'm so excited to move as I've never done it before, I don't think i'll find it stressful because I'll just be so giddy and excited. Lol. Oh. That's nice, I love walking. Very relaxing. I like running aswell, but I can't do it for long. I'm so unfit.

Flood? :O What do you mean? Like if its raining? :O I'm so sorry to hear that.

Hate anxiety. Does my head in.

Hahaha, I'd die laughing if I saw a duck in tesco. *Unexpected item in bagging area* QUACK!
    I'm not sure but for all pets you have to get an expansion pack. No I've never seen that. :O

It's good you have coping techniques. I hope the GP visit goes well. Its lovely chatting to you too, and I'm glad I'm a help.

Olaf + Me + you + Ducks
    Definitely exciting! Me too - I always find myself talking to myself But oftentimes the few times can feel properly free :moon: Haha I can't run at all Get exhausted far too quickly!

Well sometimes if things go wrong then the tent can leak if it's raining badly/the tent's not good enough - it's not a complete disaster and doesn't often happen - just makes the holiday more interesting if it does

Do you have many/any coping techniques for it?

We stood and watched him for a fair while I think I have a video on my phone somewhere of it Haha! :lol:
    Yeah Never watched Friends? Or the episodes with chick and duck? Whichever it is you should! :yep:

:yep: Especially ducks :ninja:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    I know, she was so damn god ****ing rude I wanted to say something ! :lol: haha i duno if id actually ever have said anything, because i REALLY dislike confrontation, but she did make me angry, stupid cow!

yeah i haven’t been in the car still because we’ve been to the seaside. The tops of my legs have rubbed together so badly when walking that I’ve got blisters and it hurts SO bad to walk :cry2: thankfully I’m not going anywhere for a few days so they should heal! Ended up with loads of blisters on my feet too, even though i wore socks and hahaha yeah, I’m like that with the car too sometimes. Sometimes i can do things perfectly with no revving, and then others its just ridiculous :lol:

i know, i am looking forward to uni, but I’m also pretty nervous, as everyone is really yeah i think my depression came after the anxiety but, now i think about it, i remember being ‘upset’ and ‘down’ a lot before the anxiety happened so now I’m not so sure :/ yeah I’m sure they have provisions at york, they have their own doctors surgery on campus, so i guess they’ll have something! I’m trying not to have to ask for help cos I’m really scared too tbh, I’ve never had help before and, if i ask for help, then its all so ‘real’ whereas atm, i can bury it and hide from it and stuff…idk what I’m rambling about here :lol:

well, as i said, I’m not much but, you have me! Feel free to text or pm me whenever you need it, if you want too, ill always reply as soon as i can :hugs:
    :hugs: Hope there aren't too many people like that :/ I know my friend always gives those/rude people paper bags if it's raining - their stuff gets wet

Seaside :woo: Oh no I hope they heal up soon - Blisters aren't fun at all :eek: Stalled a couple of times today in annoying places too - I swear this just stalls far too easily though! Just did the same trip to sainsbury's again

Yes, I'm sure they will Yeah, is scary Do try make sure you go though if you find you're struggling! :hugs: Though hopefully the fresh start/freedom should help? Not rambling - or at least you're making sense Currently fearing diagnosis for sort of similar reasons possibly, I'm not quite sure. :dontknow:

You are lots!! :hugs: Thanks Likewise - though don't fell pressured to reply asap! :eek: Don't expect you to :nah:

(Original post by samba)
    So quiet in here today!
    Was thinking the same earlier! :eek:

As panda says, can go another day Hope they quieten up :unimpressed: :hugs:

(Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Awwww . :hugs:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    TNG is my favourite too!

I've actually had a better weekend cos i have been busy and seen two really good friends. But it still gets to me. I guess I'm lucky I do have these friends, even if they are spread around. And one of them is coming to visit in a couple of weeks so that is one thing to look forward to.

:hugs:. Don't apologise! My friends are usually pretty good in that they don't rub my face in it and still try to include me and stuff. But it is still there almost mocking you like .

Patrick Stewart :yep: (and data)

Yays! Sounds good - is nice seeing friends (even if I'm being incredibly scared of it at the moment :erm:)
    It's alright to still feel mweh though, sort of - I mean it's sad - but don't feel bad for thinking it? Sounds as though they're good friends though - and nice of them to visit!

Yeah mine too, although with drinking games/when drunk/at parties recently they're always semi-boasting about stuff semi-subtly :/ I'm sort of fine with it, but just scary and :erm: :dontknow: Yeah I know what you mean - as in it's not the people mocking, but just the fact that they're not single and you are

(Original post by Odd socks)
    :hugs: If it's any somehow consolation, it sounds as though they're super tough work :eek: Though also very adorable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Good Yea, sometimes you don't need to talk much, as long as you can relax a bit!

And sure. In slightly choppy waters tonight, but guess I should be ok.
    Yeah, that's exactly it. Beat playing xbox on my own all evening

Anything you want to talk about?

ReputationRep:
    :sigh:
    Whats the point?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: just because we can't see any point atm doesn't mean there isn't any. Has anything happened to make you feel bad recently?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.