The Uni Study Thread Mark IV Watch

Psyc_Girl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vitamin D)
I'm in mon-fri at 9am but I much prefer that than staying until 6pm! Always felt like I didn't have time to do anything once I got home.

Got my feedback for my lab report back today, no actual grade until the 16th though. It was quite discouraging... All of the comments were basically that I didn't expand on points enough or I should have talked about other things in relation to the main point, but our word limit for each section was so tight that I didn't have any words left after I'd covered the main points. I really don't know how to rectify that because I have some comments too that parts of my method weren't detailed enough but again, I didn't have any words left!

Oh well, I'll wait and see what my grade comes out as

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd hate having to wait that long to find out! They definitely should wait to release it all together, makes more sense that way! But good luck with your result

Posted from TSR Mobile
Psyc_Girl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vitamin D)
Was having such a bad day but just found out I got 70% in the chemistry exam! I'm in disbelief I thought I'd completely flunked it, I'm actually wary in case it's someone else's result haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats

Posted from TSR Mobile
Psyc_Girl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry for posting 3 times in a row!

Was just wondering if anyone else's exams are marked negatively? Where you lose a mark on multiple choice if you are wrong?

I'm really panicking that if I get half right, I'd get 0 marks in mqc because I would have lost a mark for each other ones wrong in the other half.. So stressed out! Is it just my uni that does this? They said it's to stop people from guessing the answers :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
MathsNerd1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Psyc_Girl)

Was just wondering if anyone else's exams are marked negatively? Where you lose a mark on multiple choice if you are wrong?

I'm really panicking that if I get half right, I'd get 0 marks in mqc because I would have lost a mark for each other ones wrong in the other half.. So stressed out! Is it just my uni that does this? They said it's to stop people from guessing the answers :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, for my class tests they are, that's what makes them so hard!
Psyc_Girl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MathsNerd1)
Yeah, for my class tests they are, that's what makes them so hard!
Do they make the mcq questions hard to understand? The questions always seem to confuse me and I mess up and my uni hasn't put any of the mcq past papers up for some reason, only the essay questions
MathsNerd1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do they make the mcq questions hard to understand? The questions always seem to confuse me and I mess up and my uni hasn't put any of the mcq past papers up for some reason, only the essay questions
It depends really, normally the questions are easy to understand if you know all the content, with the other options being the most common mistakes made, hence why they're hard as everything thinks they've gotten the correct answer when really the majority haven't
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So ******ed atm :erm: love you guys though so much xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx
snailsareslimy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Slowbro93)
So ******ed atm :erm: love you guys though so much xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx
you wee gem :suith:
trustmeimlying1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by snailsareslimy)
you wee gem :suith:
why go on a thread with is somewhat of a procrastination if you want to study?
snailsareslimy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by trustmeimlying1)
why go on a thread with is somewhat of a procrastination if you want to study?
... I was having a break. I've been studying all night, I think I'm allowed a 10 minute break to catch up with a friend who's also studying on Facebook and to have a cruise around TSR.
trustmeimlying1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by snailsareslimy)
... I was having a break. I've been studying all night, I think I'm allowed a 10 minute break to catch up with a friend who's also studying on Facebook and to have a cruise around TSR.
hahaha I didnt mean like that.

I just dont get it.If you wana study go study dont join a study thread.
WhamBamJam.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mine are but we lose 0.25 of a mark - do you lose a whole one!?
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
if they don't want people guessing then why have multiple choice questions? i only have essay based exams which is kinda annoying (i can never usually remember enough for a whole essay)
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Today is going to be a sod the fact I've got one a bit essays due next week that I haven't completed, I'm having a me day. Off out all day.
Psyc_Girl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WhamBamJam.)
Mine are but we lose 0.25 of a mark - do you lose a whole one!?
Yep

(Original post by jelly1000)
if they don't want people guessing then why have multiple choice questions? i only have essay based exams which is kinda annoying (i can never usually remember enough for a whole essay)
Exactly! And theyve taken the mcq section out of the past papers when they've put it online, so I have nothing to practice.. So unprepared
My exam is split - 50% mcq and 50% essay.
WhamBamJam.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yep

Exactly! And theyve taken the mcq section out of the past papers when they've put it online, so I have nothing to practice.. So unprepared
My exam is split - 50% mcq and 50% essay.
That's pretty mean. My uni say they do it to discourage guessing as well but with each question there's a 50/50 chance it's right (true or false) so 0.25 isn't much to gamble for a 50% chance of getting it right! Silly uni. How is yours laid out?

I wouldn't panic. What do you study? Just make sure you know all those little annoying facts inside out and you'll be fine.

My uni don't release mcqs because they're taken from a bank (may want to reuse them). Make up your own and swap practice questions with a friend? Or email your uni and say you'd appreciate a sample of say 3 questions to understand the style.
WhamBamJam.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
Because uni's are lazy and can just thread it through a scanner? also you do actually need to know your stuff to do any good so they're a good assessment method I think.
Serentonin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was so sure my exam was at three today and I just checked an its actually one. ****.

I'm so underprepared for this because I was so worried about the one on Wednesday, and all I've done since then is **** around and be really unproductive.

I guess I may have scraped enough marks overall in everything else for me to flunk this module and still get away with a first overall but I'd rather not tbh.

God, next term I AM GOING TO BE THE STUDENT I WAS LAST YEAR. And actually work. And put my damn priorities in the right order.
student_1995
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just had my last exam! Freedom! :woo:
Psyc_Girl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WhamBamJam.)
That's pretty mean. My uni say they do it to discourage guessing as well but with each question there's a 50/50 chance it's right (true or false) so 0.25 isn't much to gamble for a 50% chance of getting it right! Silly uni. How is yours laid out?

I wouldn't panic. What do you study? Just make sure you know all those little annoying facts inside out and you'll be fine.

My uni don't release mcqs because they're taken from a bank (may want to reuse them). Make up your own and swap practice questions with a friend? Or email your uni and say you'd appreciate a sample of say 3 questions to understand the style.
I wish mine was only 0.25, I might email someone to actually double check that its a whole mark, because I was thinking its very mean aswell.. I dont exactly know how its laid out, no-one does (that I know anyway) we were just told you lose a mark if you're wrong.

I study Psychology! I had a feeling they werent released because they'd reuse them.. Oh thats a good idea about emailing to see a sample! I think i'll do that too . It's just stressing me out because I always do bad at mcq, even my school exams I messed up on them, and now the thought of losing a mark when I get one wrong is making me think I'm 100% going to fail :cry2:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (503)
37.65%
No - but I will (103)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (638)
47.75%

Watched Threads