Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is there even an F214 thread?

ReputationRep:
    On the 2013 paper f215 Q3 the option "When I approached the otter enclosure tapping a bucket of food, the otters made rapid squeaking noises and ran to the door to meet me" where the answer is operant learning

so my question i would've thought it would be classical conditioning even though the option isn't there , any one care to explain
    (btw I got he correct answer as it was the only one i hadn't picked)

Thanks in advance !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLegalDealer)
    On the 2013 paper f215 Q3 the option "When I approached the otter enclosure tapping a bucket of food, the otters made rapid squeaking noises and ran to the door to meet me" where the answer is operant learning

so my question i would've thought it would be classical conditioning even though the option isn't there , any one care to explain

Thanks in advance !
    reward/punishment? but I havent even started revising for f215

ReputationRep:

Thanks in advance !
    Thats really vague was it multiple choice? It sounds more like a riddle lol I guess the fact there is food in the bucket gives you a clue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioAgent)
    Thats really vague was it multiple choice? It sounds more like a riddle lol I guess the fact there is food in the bucket gives you a clue.
    Yh , it was the only one I had left so I got it by default

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by games211)
    reward/punishment? but I havent even started revising for f215
    But isn't it similar to the pavlovs dogs experiment ?

ReputationRep:

Thanks in advance !
    I *Think* that our course lumps them both together as operant conditioning

ReputationRep:

Thanks in advance !
    I did that question and also got it as it was the only one left :') the only way i can see it being called operant conditioning is that the otters may have been trained to run to the door and squeak for a treat. But i feel like they made the example a bit vague!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
    I *Think* that our course lumps them both together as operant conditioning
    This is the first im hearing of this :eek:

ReputationRep:
    This is the first im hearing of this :eek:
    same! I thought they are in a sense the same thing but have different traits i.e operent is about success/failure and you only have 1 stimulus whereas conditional is not about S/F and you have two stimuli? LOOOOOOl Im going to get less than 20 marks in f215 I feel it I need help on everything loool

Why are the questions so 'arty' and weird ..why can't it just be like f214

ReputationRep:
    same! I thought they are in a sense the same thing but have different traits i.e operent is about success/failure and you only have 1 stimulus whereas conditional is not about S/F and you have two stimuli? LOOOOOOl Im going to get less than 20 marks in f215 I feel it I need help on everything loool

Ikr , this exam is stressing me out lmao

ReputationRep:

I thought they were two seperate things as well but we learned operant conditioning is where an animal can be trained to show a behaviour if it is offered a treat whereas classical conditioning is where an animal learns to associate two unrelated stimuli through repeated exposure together?

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know about respirometers for f214?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maisie__x)
    I thought they were two seperate things as well but we learned operant conditioning is where an animal can be trained to show a behaviour if it is offered a treat whereas classical conditioning is where an animal learns to associate two unrelated stimuli through repeated exposure together?
    lol what I was meant to say lool sorry

ReputationRep:
    lol what I was meant to say lool sorry
    Haha i thought maybe thats what you meant, i just got myself confused reading it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HyperIntake)
    Do we need to know about respirometers for f214?
    I don't think is specificcaly states it in the spec but you should've come across it in practicals

I strongly advice you to learn how it generally functions e.g. sodium carbonate in test tube as source of co2 for the aquatic plant , syringe to move the air bubble along the capillary tube and scale to measure the length of the air bubble and how you measure the volume of the bubble etc

I seen this pop in an exam paper a swell as legacy papers , so dont risk not knowing it and just learn it !

ReputationRep:
    I don't think is specificcaly states it in the spec but you should've come across it in practicals

I strongly advice you to learn how it generally functions e.g. sodium carbonate in test tube as source of co2 for the aquatic plant , syringe to move the air bubble along the capillary tube and scale to measure the length of the air bubble and how you measure the volume of the bubble etc

I seen this pop in an exam paper a swell as legacy papers , so dont risk not knowing it and just learn it !
    Oh okay thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maisie__x)
    What UMS do you have so far?
    Got 276 UMS last year and 39/40 in this year's practical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AsianBeauty)
    F215 grade boundaries are pretty low though !!! So still achievable

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True haha F215 is my last exam so it'll be a relief once it's finished!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lighfy)
    Got 276 UMS last year and 39/40 in this year's practical
    Rahhh did you get full ums?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.