Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Tbf Zurich hasn't posted in ages. Shed End just admit you love us ffs
    He posted yesterday. Tbf this thread ain't us as good as it was towards the end of last season, still better than most of them though.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    He posted yesterday. Tbf this thread ain't us as good as it was towards the end of last season, still better than most of them though.
    Good as in for trolling or good as in for good discussion?

ReputationRep:
    Good as in for trolling or good as in for good discussion?
    Is that an serious question? Could honestly say that it was almost an all-time low for this section in terms of quality of discussion

ReputationRep:
    Who was trying to talk about the title again?

Strong everything. 14 point gap. You'll be lucky to get 3rd(as would United, Soton and the rest tbh as none of them are deserving performance wise)

ReputationRep:
    Always annoying to lose to Spurs but the result doesnt change a thing in terms of our season, we'll still finish in the top4 and we have a good chance at top3 as well, just look at our run in. Performance was way off but it happens, there is no reason to panic. Only must win games are against Boro and Monaco actually.

Cazorla has sort of burned himself out I guess so I'd probably put Sanchez in for him ASAP. Ramsey had one of those games he can have as well...where's the Marlboro Man Super Jack?
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Is that an serious question? Could honestly say that it was almost an all-time low for this section in terms of quality of discussion
    It was a genuine question, thought we might have squeezed a compliment out of you or something. By what you've said I take it that the quality's improved then! Always good.

(Original post by jam277)
    Who was trying to talk about the title again?
    Again, no one. You and Shed End must have had the same dream or something.

ReputationRep:

Anyone seen Zurich? Didn't think so.
    Would be the first time Spurs fans had much time for the messiah I guess

ReputationRep:
    It was a genuine question, thought we might have squeezed a compliment out of you or something. By what you've said I take it that the quality's improved then! Always good.

You've got Wenger to thank for that tbh, hasn't got you flying high this season so the inevitable collapse and thread wumming can't happen this season.

I would go and get the comments from the City game but I cba tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see Arsenal fans here stopping with this title race hype that had begun after the City game. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there were quite a few title comments actually it was hilarious :lol:

ReputationRep:

You need to read through this thread. People saying that Chelsea can slip up and that Arsenal are not too far from them.

I could quote and show how wrong you are but I'm not bothered.
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Would be the first time Spurs fans had much time for the messiah I guess
    Touché

ReputationRep:
    You gotta give to the way Chelsea do their business.

Got £28m for Lukaku :/

ReputationRep:
    southie and man utd can both sneak top 4.

like maureen was saying last year liverpool can sneak the title because they didnt have any fa cup/ champions league

top 2 is nailed with city and chelsea tbh; but us being in 3 tournaments is going to hinder us, especially as we'll probably make atleast the quarter finals of CL

not confident of top 4 at all

ReputationRep:
    I read this thread, turns out after the Man City match only one user suggested Arsenal would catch Chelsea in the title race. (But then of course, that's what rivals do. Use the G word)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    southie and man utd can both sneak top 4.

like maureen was saying last year liverpool can sneak the title because they didnt have any fa cup/ champions league

top 2 is nailed with city and chelsea tbh; but us being in 3 tournaments is going to hinder us, especially as we'll probably make atleast the quarter finals of CL

not confident of top 4 at all
    prey to god Sanchez goes absolutely HAM in the CL.
    only hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    You gotta give to the way Chelsea do their business.

Got £28m for Lukaku :/
    Lukaku is a 21 year old who is getting circa 15 league goals a season. Even this season he's still on track for a 15 goal season despite the whole team under performing defensively. He has a long way to go before becoming a top level striker, but he has more than enough time, he is nowhere near his peak.

Also don't think he was as bad as he was made out to be today. 28M for Lukaku was a fair price considering the past two seasons he had.

ReputationRep:
    https://vine.co/v/OUZzMpIhEZl

Can someone tell me what a deluded flan is?

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal look so woeful without Sanchez. Slowly becoming a one man team if you arent already tbh. He adds so much to this Arsenal side in terms of tempo, pressing and contributes both defensively and offensively.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Arsenal look so woeful without Sanchez. Slowly becoming a one man team if you arent already tbh. He adds so much to this Arsenal side in terms of tempo, pressing and contributes both defensively and offensively.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How often have you watched us play..

Sanchez does not dictate our attacking play as I've said before. He also loses the ball more often then anyone else (probably bar Ox or Jack). He's been at the right place at the right time, or scored some great freekicks/wondergoals but that doesn't mean we can't score without him. He's scored some important goals but there have been countless amount of times we've won games without him actually impacting them much (City is a clear example). Anyways today isn't the first time we've played like this. We tried the same thing against Liverpool and City. Pool manage to press very well and contain us where as City's midfield weren't even close. Even with Sanchez on today I don't think the result would have been any different.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Someone remind me. Did Alexis play in our 5-0 win over Villa? No point telling me "Yeah but Villa are crap anyways and you lots were at home" it doesn't make a difference.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.