Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    As predicted, Allen and Lovren nowhere near the starting XI.

Twitter rumours suggesting Sturridge has had a 'knock'. Worrying.
    Allen on the bench and Lovren injured...

ReputationRep:
    that squad is pure banter

ReputationRep:
    Really hoping firmino and benteke back for next game week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Looking good tbh in an attacking sense.

ReputationRep:
    How did we not score there?

Surprisingly good play from us though; yet to be tested defensively big we're barely giving Spurs room to breathe.

ReputationRep:
    Great start from the team, let's hope we can actually make something of our attacks.

ReputationRep:
    What a save by Mignolet!
    It's amazing how he comes up with stuff like that when called upon but on other occasions he seems slightly braindead

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hell when did Mignolet become world class?

ReputationRep:
    Skrtel has been very frustrating.
    He is being completely suckered in by Kane, getting way too close and being spun extremely easily.
    He seems very impatient but also a little sluggish and it's not nice to see.

In contrast, Sakho looks really commanding on the other side. I don't think it would be outrageous to suggest that our defence could be drastically improved simply with a slight improvement at CB.

All in all, it's tough for us. Origi is trying but he just doesn't have the quality of Sturridge. He isn't sharp or unpredictable and he never seems dangerous. I know we have little choice due to injury but him leading our line is never gonna go down well. Even if he got clean through on goal, I would just have no confidence in him to finish it off like I would with Sturridge.

ReputationRep:
    I likin the Klopp effect

ReputationRep:
    Brutal that we've been denied Benteke, Sturridge, Firmino and Ings up front. Basically playing out 5th choice striker..

Thought the first 20-25 mins went well and then Spurs took more control.

I'm much happier with the high press. Even if we lose, at least it feels like we've tried.

Not sure what Klopp can do to change it. It does feel like we could dominate Spurs if we get the first goal and avoid conceding for 10 mins after that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    ****ing hell when did Mignolet become world class?
    Have we really doubted his shot stopping? It's just that everyone else can be shocking.

In some ways Klopp may benefit Mignolet too. He won't have to do as much average stuff but will probably be horribly exposed more often.

ReputationRep:
    The pressing at the start of the half was pretty good but we did look tired as the half wore on. Skrtel is shambles but Mignolet made some great saves.

Lallana is loving the pressing system too. We just need someone to score and don't have that in our 11 or bench right now.

ReputationRep:
    Mignolet makes one good save and he becomes world class? lol
    Definetly do think if Tottenham were to score it'll be through a mistake from Skrtel.
    Think another problem you guys have for this game is that you only have Ibe coming off the bench potentially making a difference?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you don't have a goalscorer but you are playing very well.

Liking the 4-3-3 structure you have in place. Milner doing well covering both the right flank and the middle and I feel like there's confidence in the way you are playing. Can't play like that for 90mins so I believe Klopps style tends to require an early goal to really take charge of the game tbh.

ReputationRep:
    So many schoolboy areas in defence, we're lucky they haven't taken advantage. Skrtel in particular has been appalling.

ReputationRep:
    Origi is so bad...

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool&Spurs

2 bald men fighting over a comb....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Liverpool&Spurs

2 bald men fighting over a comb....
    :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A goal would be nice.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.