Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim kid arrested for bringing home made clock to school watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UmarTheRipper)
    The fact that instead of calling the bomb squad and evacuating the whole school they patiently waited for the police is evidence that they knew it was not a bomb-just another reason to make Muslims look bad
    They didn't think it was a bomb. They thought it was hoax bomb. Which is illegal.

ReputationRep:
    I am more alarmed that the teacher didnt know the difference between a bomb and a clock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    I am more alarmed that the teacher didnt know the difference between a bomb and a clock
    Because this looks like your typical clock right?

ReputationRep:
    Not a teachers job.

Besides that his is America not some Muslim country where it would be a requirement

ReputationRep:
    My view - The left narrative of "arrested for making a clock" is disingenuous given that it obviously looks nothing like a clock to 99.99% of people.

The right narrative of "Do you think he would get on a plane?" is equally unfair given the nature of airport security

Its hard to know how much common sense has been used by everyone involved. Entirely possible his father is an islamist and set this up to get a reaction. Entirely possible this boy had a known passion for this sort of thing and the teacher jumped the gun cos he's muslim.

What I do find interesting is that governments and police continually ask citizens to remain vigilant to terrorist activity. I would rather have an overzelous person watching out for my child at his school than a person who is desperate to not be seen as racist or "islamophobic" and therefore ignore risks. We all know how that turned out for the 1400 Rotherham children savagely gang raped and abused for years.

What we do see however is that yet again, the hashtagging SJW love to make a lot of noise over small somethings whilst ignoring horrific abuses and real oppression that does not fit their agenda

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    texas is a racist state so wouldn't surprise me
    omg its just a minority 99% of texans are tolerant!

They have a perverse sense of tolerance!

Texas is the state of peace!

#notalltexans
    #texansiwillridewithyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UmarTheRipper)
    The fact that instead of calling the bomb squad and evacuating the whole school they patiently waited for the police is evidence that they knew it was not a bomb-just another reason to make Muslims look bad
    Are you suggesting that the war between Sunni and Shiite in Yemen and Syria, and the fact that four million have left their country as a result, is just some media campaign to make Muslims look bad?

With Islamic State raping and beheading, suicide bombers amok In Afghanistan and Pakistan and British soldiers being run down and cut to pieces in London, all in the name of your religion, I think your co-religionists are doing a good enough job of dragging your religion's name through the mud on their own without the West's help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RodgertheRabbit)
    I can't speak for native Americans, but the Chinese immigrants seem pretty self reliant and pleasant. While people might gravitate towards those of a more similar ethnicity and 'shuffle away' from the Chinese, it's for vastly different reasons than they would move away from blacks or Muslims.

Put simply, the Chinese can take care of their own, and, compete on every level with every other demographic despite any racism. They don't need help or acceptance from other groups, often our performing others and earning their place in any society.

With blacks and Muslims the opposite is true, no matter what resources are thrown at them it's never enough to help them compete and become self reliant. For example; if we focus on black crime and/or Muslim terrorism we get called racist profilers, if we don't throw the extra resources at it we are called uncaring racists indifferent to their plight. And so on.
    LOL what different kind of racism are Chinese people subjected to that blacks, Muslims and Natives aren't? It's all the same ridiculous hatred.
    And wonder why it's hard for black and Muslims to move forward. Because people still think ridiculous things about them.
    And you're a living lie. Black and Muslim people have been very successful, and there are failures in their race the same as with whites and East Asians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)

#notalltexans
    #texansiwillridewithyou
    Can't tell if trolling, sarcastic, or...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet n Sour)
    Exactly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolate hottie)
    Are you suggesting that the war between Sunni and Shiite in Yemen and Syria, and the fact that four million have left their country as a result, is just some media campaign to make Muslims look bad?

With Islamic State raping and beheading, suicide bombers amok In Afghanistan and Pakistan and British soldiers being run down and cut to pieces in London, all in the name of your religion, I think your co-religionists are doing a good enough job of dragging your religion's name through the mud on their own without the West's help.
    There is clearly a problem but i dont believe in tarnishing people with the same brush. Its clear though there are skme crazy people in the world

ReputationRep:
    Get it. "Alarmed." Clock?

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rassam91)
    Well you don't exactly know that do you? If you want to debate, please respond with something on an intellectual meaningful level. As I said, use your brain please.

This topic has made me realise, humans are stupid, really stupid.
    Its easier and more rewarding to take the moral high ground to make oneself appear virtuous and progressive than it is to use critical thinking and reason of thought to come to a rational conclusion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allysbluehair)
    I'm sure if it had been another kid - in this case, a white kid - with a clock, they wouldn't have taken him to the police station... Think again.
    Ask the 1400 Rotherham children what the consequences are for thinking like your above post.

ReputationRep:
    You haven't even bothered to look at the kids "clock" have you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namandi)
    LOL. There's already a thread about this.

Why is it disgusting that it was mistaken for a bomb? - it was not mistaken for a bomb, if it was then they would have evacuated the building and not taken it with them.

USA doesn't mess around with security. That is common knowledge. - fair enough, they do seem to mess around with Muslims.

Once they suspect something could be a threat, they act accordingly. - they really didnt act accordingy because they kept the 'bomb' with them.

Even if it is something as small as a pencil case or in this case, a handmade clock, they act accordingly. - again, they did not act accordingly.

Are they paranoid? Perhaps - paranoid about what?

Would they rather be paranoid than have parents mourning the lives of their children? Definitely - if they were that concerned about parents moruning lives of their children, they would have evacuated the school.

ReputationRep:
    There is clearly a problem but i dont believe in tarnishing people with the same brush. Its clear though there are skme crazy people in the world
    Ok let me propose this to you:

Lets imagine a football club, say arsenal for example.
    Let us imagine that every week, there are violent racists crimes commited by Arsenal fans every week. Racist assaults, Racists terrorist attacks, racist chants in the stadium. This has been going on for decades, thousands of massacres in the name of Arsenal football club.

Now would we say... "its clear some people are crazy but it has nothing to do with Arsenal fans, Arsenal fans are the football fans of peace"?

Would you say... I know a few Arsenal fans and they are really nice non racist people who would never commit atrocities in the name of Arsenal football club therefore there is no problem with Arsenal fans?

Would you say its Arsenalaphobic to question why so much violence and atrocities are carried out by one set of fans but not any of the others?

Nobody is saying ALL MUSLIMS are bad people. Most of us know or have met decent normal muslims. ISLAM however is bad, rotten to the core

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet n Sour)
    He's being genuinely serious. You live in America? Have you been to Texas before and if so,what's it like? The people in general

ReputationRep:

#notalltexans
    #texansiwillridewithyou
    From what I know,it's not very tolerant at all

ReputationRep:
    Ok let me propose this to you:

Lets imagine a football club, say arsenal for example.
    Let us imagine that every week, there are violent racists crimes commited by Arsenal fans every week. Racist assaults, Racists terrorist attacks, racist chants in the stadium. This has been going on for decades, thousands of massacres in the name of Arsenal football club.

Now would we say... "its clear some people are crazy but it has nothing to do with Arsenal fans, Arsenal fans are the football fans of peace"?

Would you say... I know a few Arsenal fans and they are really nice non racist people who would never commit atrocities in the name of Arsenal football club therefore there is no problem with Arsenal fans?

Would you say its Arsenalaphobic to question why so much violence and atrocities are carried out by one set of fans but not any of the others?

Nobody is saying ALL MUSLIMS are bad people. Most of us know or have met decent normal muslims. ISLAM however is bad, rotten to the core

You're comparing a football team to a religion...LOL.

Muslims follow Islam, you just said you have met "decent normal Muslims" and you ended that with "ISLAM however is bad, rotten to the core". How does that work? These "decent normal Muslims" follow Islam.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.