The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Shed End
Shell shocked you managed to scrape through a weak group?

ffs. Is there a medical term for when Arsenal fans get gassed over a Champions League win?

:rofl:
I think the thing you've got to be most pleased about is the quality you showed tonight with your backs against the wall. With such key performers injured, you could have easily buckled under the pressure but Giroud was excellent, helped by some inventive running and probing by the likes of Campbell and Ozil.
Man utd's group was arguably weaker, where are they now?
Reply 1143
Funny because you think of all the injuries but really we only lacked 2 star players in Coquelin and Sanchez. I'd much rather Ramsey stay at CM and Cazorla to be a rotation option.

Joel's also been doing a great job and has already proven why there is simply no room for Ox at Arsenal.
Original post by shawn_o1
Man utd's group was arguably weaker, where are they now?

It definitely wasn't in terms of finishing in the top 2 (so remove Bayern and Wolfsburg from the debate) and we would've got through with correct refereeing decisions in the first game
Original post by Mackay
I think the thing you've got to be most pleased about is the quality you showed tonight with your backs against the wall. With such key performers injured, you could have easily buckled under the pressure but Giroud was excellent, helped by some inventive running and probing by the likes of Campbell and Ozil.

One of those games where you need the whole team to put a shift in, and then 3 or 4 extras who give a little bit extra aswell. Giroud, Campbell, Ramsey, Koscielny all stand out for me tonight but everyone played very, very well.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
One of those games where you need the whole team to put a shift in, and then 3 or 4 extras who give a little bit extra aswell. Giroud, Campbell, Ramsey, Koscielny all stand out for me tonight but everyone played very, very well.

Yeah, Ramsey was boundless in his energy. He is definitely better in a central role.

Shout out to Monreal, too. Quietly astute tonight and really offered you something.
Original post by AR_95
Funny because you think of all the injuries but really we only lacked 2 star players in Coquelin and Sanchez. I'd much rather Ramsey stay at CM and Cazorla to be a rotation option.

Joel's also been doing a great job and has already proven why there is simply no room for Ox at Arsenal.

Ramsey rotating with Cazorla is what Ive wanted all along. I think that they can both offer so much in that deep central role depending on the opponents. Also Casorla drops in and out of form too much so needs the competition whilst the right wing needs to be left to a true winger.
Original post by AR_95

Cazorla is pretty crucial to Ozil's brilliance, though. He regularly provides the assist for Ozil to assist. No two players have shared more passes with each other this season, after all.
Said we would get through, never in doubt although I'm sure a list of my tongue on cheek comments will now be quoted as though they me being serious.

Not sure why everyone is ridiculously gassed, we'll get ****ed by any team we face in the round of 16 bar Zenit... Guess an way day in Madrid is closer than Krasnodar...
Reply 1150
Original post by Mackay
Cazorla is pretty crucial to Ozil's brilliance, though. He regularly provides the assist for Ozil to assist. No two players have shared more passes with each other this season, after all.

Ozil didn't exactly need Cazorla today though, did he? They don't need to share passes together, Ozil is more than sufficient to play without Cazorla
City have a really good chance of making the QFs, actually.

They can face PSG, PSV, Benfica, Roma, Dynamo Kyiv or Gent. They have a decent chance of beating all those sides, though the former will obviously be the toughest.
Haven't atletico only conceded 6 goals this season or something ridiculous? Would love to see Giroud try to get past them
Ozil is just so ****ing sexual. What a player, what a guy.
Original post by difeo
It definitely wasn't in terms of finishing in the top 2 (so remove Bayern and Wolfsburg from the debate) and we would've got through with correct refereeing decisions in the first game

Wow you are blaming the referees. That is so low
Arsene & Arsenal

Never change.Because, ya know, we get there in the end, Boss.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Arsene & Arsenal

Thoughts on Joel Campbell
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Spoiler

Glad Joels proving me wrong, needs to add the consistency and he's a juicy player
Original post by Zürich
Arsene & Arsenal

I was worrying you weren't going to turn up.

Latest