Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Shell shocked you managed to scrape through a weak group?

ffs. Is there a medical term for when Arsenal fans get gassed over a Champions League win?
    :rofl:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think the thing you've got to be most pleased about is the quality you showed tonight with your backs against the wall. With such key performers injured, you could have easily buckled under the pressure but Giroud was excellent, helped by some inventive running and probing by the likes of Campbell and Ozil.

ReputationRep:
    Man utd's group was arguably weaker, where are they now?

ReputationRep:
    Funny because you think of all the injuries but really we only lacked 2 star players in Coquelin and Sanchez. I'd much rather Ramsey stay at CM and Cazorla to be a rotation option.

Joel's also been doing a great job and has already proven why there is simply no room for Ox at Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Man utd's group was arguably weaker, where are they now?
    It definitely wasn't in terms of finishing in the top 2 (so remove Bayern and Wolfsburg from the debate) and we would've got through with correct refereeing decisions in the first game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I think the thing you've got to be most pleased about is the quality you showed tonight with your backs against the wall. With such key performers injured, you could have easily buckled under the pressure but Giroud was excellent, helped by some inventive running and probing by the likes of Campbell and Ozil.
    One of those games where you need the whole team to put a shift in, and then 3 or 4 extras who give a little bit extra aswell. Giroud, Campbell, Ramsey, Koscielny all stand out for me tonight but everyone played very, very well.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    One of those games where you need the whole team to put a shift in, and then 3 or 4 extras who give a little bit extra aswell. Giroud, Campbell, Ramsey, Koscielny all stand out for me tonight but everyone played very, very well.
    Yeah, Ramsey was boundless in his energy. He is definitely better in a central role.

Shout out to Monreal, too. Quietly astute tonight and really offered you something.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Funny because you think of all the injuries but really we only lacked 2 star players in Coquelin and Sanchez. I'd much rather Ramsey stay at CM and Cazorla to be a rotation option.

Joel's also been doing a great job and has already proven why there is simply no room for Ox at Arsenal.
    Ramsey rotating with Cazorla is what Ive wanted all along. I think that they can both offer so much in that deep central role depending on the opponents. Also Casorla drops in and out of form too much so needs the competition whilst the right wing needs to be left to a true winger.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AR_95)

Cazorla is pretty crucial to Ozil's brilliance, though. He regularly provides the assist for Ozil to assist. No two players have shared more passes with each other this season, after all.

ReputationRep:
    Said we would get through, never in doubt although I'm sure a list of my tongue on cheek comments will now be quoted as though they me being serious.

Not sure why everyone is ridiculously gassed, we'll get ****ed by any team we face in the round of 16 bar Zenit... Guess an way day in Madrid is closer than Krasnodar...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Cazorla is pretty crucial to Ozil's brilliance, though. He regularly provides the assist for Ozil to assist. No two players have shared more passes with each other this season, after all.
    Ozil didn't exactly need Cazorla today though, did he? They don't need to share passes together, Ozil is more than sufficient to play without Cazorla
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    City have a really good chance of making the QFs, actually.

They can face PSG, PSV, Benfica, Roma, Dynamo Kyiv or Gent. They have a decent chance of beating all those sides, though the former will obviously be the toughest.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't atletico only conceded 6 goals this season or something ridiculous? Would love to see Giroud try to get past them

ReputationRep:
    Ozil is just so ****ing sexual. What a player, what a guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    It definitely wasn't in terms of finishing in the top 2 (so remove Bayern and Wolfsburg from the debate) and we would've got through with correct refereeing decisions in the first game
    Wow you are blaming the referees. That is so low

ReputationRep:
    Arsene & Arsenal

Never change.Because, ya know, we get there in the end, Boss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Arsene & Arsenal

Thoughts on Joel Campbell

ReputationRep:
    yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssss Yessss

ReputationRep:
    Glad Joels proving me wrong, needs to add the consistency and he's a juicy player

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Arsene & Arsenal

I was worrying you weren't going to turn up.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.