Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SevenAteNine)
    Interview invite received via email from 2KBW (William Mousley QC)
    Is this London or Portsmouth? Was the email generic or personalised? Has your gateway updated?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Now to anxiously keep refreshing my emails.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard any word from Landmark re: the assessment day on 26 May?

ReputationRep:
    No news

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 901dL)
    Has anyone else applied for the judicial assistant roles at the Court of Appeal? If so, has anyone heard anything?
    Just to let you know, I received an invitation for interview this afternoon. Looks like there's lots of slots if that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lascelles101)
    hi im looking to do law @ uni, can I have some personal experiences please
    This thread in particular is regarding pupillage applications and giving advice and assistance as to when chambers have made offers for interview and informed of being unsuccessful.

We will have undergone various routes to here, including doing an LLB, a GDL, LLM etc. If you don't understand those acronyms Google them.

If in the long term you're considering applying to the bar have a read at Chambers Guides, Target Jobs, Lawyer 2 B, Legal Cheek, look at Twitter for barrister and solicitor profiles to get an idea. Look at the Inns of Court and what all they offer. Look at BPTC/LPC providers.

Personal experiences from people on this thread at the present is going to be slightly tough to get as we are all competing alongside trying to support one another through this process as well as undergoing various forms of exams/work/scholarship interviews etc. Basically it's very stressful.

Best of luck in deciding what to study at uni and enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    First round interview invite from St John's, Bristol via email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabeebar)
    Has anyone heard any word from Landmark re: the assessment day on 26 May?
    Just had a rejection email at 11:30 so I assume those going for the assessment day will have heard by now - good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PupillageSeeker7)
    First round interview invite from St John's, Bristol via email.
    Hi - well done
    which practice area did you go for? Wondering if they are sending all response together

ReputationRep:
    No 5 first rounds out

ReputationRep:
    Landmark acceptance out

ReputationRep:
    RE: St John's, Bristol - I said in my application I was interested in general civil and received an interview last night. I hope you hear soon.

No5 interviews also out this morning via email.
    I have not heard a thing. They sent an acknowledgement to the application so I would be surprised to be rejected by silence.

ReputationRep:
    Trinity Newcastle rejection sent

ReputationRep:
    I emailed 2KBW today - they haven't finished going through Pupillage applications. She said if you haven't heard by Wednesday to assume your application has been unsuccessful.

ReputationRep:
    St. Johns rejections out. Although the wording was a double negative so it was a little confusing.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there - question for anyone with a No5 or St John's interview.

I've both fortunate and unfortunate to have two interview invites for Saturday 4th June, which has caused a clash. I was hoping to find out whether anyone with an afternoon slot at either chambers would be willing to swap for my morning slots.

As it currently stands, I would have to go give up one of my interviews if I cannot find a change. I would be so incredibly grateful if anyone can help at all. Please PM me if you can.

Thank you.
    I'm afraid I can't help, but have you contacted both chambers to ask if you can move the time of your interviews? I've heard chambers are generally fairly flexible when the clash is caused by an interview elsewhere. Good luck and congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there - question for anyone with a No5 or St John's interview.

I've both fortunate and unfortunate to have two interview invites for Saturday 4th June, which has caused a clash. I was hoping to find out whether anyone with an afternoon slot at either chambers would be willing to swap for my morning slots.

As it currently stands, I would have to go give up one of my interviews if I cannot find a change. I would be so incredibly grateful if anyone can help at all. Please PM me if you can.

Thank you.
    Might be best not to say you need to change it because of another interview. The Chambers you ask to change might feel less loved and say no. Perhaps you might have an exam then instead.....

ReputationRep:
    1GC say interview invitations will be sent out on Monday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boomerang-Pup)
    St. Johns rejections out. Although the wording was a double negative so it was a little confusing.
    "On this occasion you have not been unsuccessful"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivalasvegas2015)
    "On this occasion you have not been unsuccessful"
    Write back asking when you start.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.