Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There's looads, random sampling, all the biological molecules tests, spirometer, potometer etc
    (Original post by Carrot_Cake_13)
    Hmm what is there? There's the preparation of slides for light microscopy. Colormiter.

ReputationRep:
    Go through the spec and see what you dont know i guess
    (Original post by candyyfloss)
    well that would be great but i dont know any of the content.... hahah

is there a shortcut to learning like atleast 50% of the spec

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bp_22)
    There's looads, random sampling, all the biological molecules tests, spirometer, potometer etc
    practically all the context has an experiment side to it
    like the enzyme practicals for example
    or spirometer and pototomer
    Ahhhh I haven't been looking at the experiemental side and just doing content.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh I haven't been looking at the experiemental side and just doing content.
    yeah but tbh, the content questions will give you more marks than the experimental side
    let's just hope it isnt practical and maths heavy..

ReputationRep:
    yeah but tbh, the content questions will give you more marks than the experimental side
    let's just hope it isnt practical and maths heavy..
    I haven't touched the cardiac/haemoglobin side. But everything else is a bit of here and there I've done. I think 10% of the paper is minimum maths. So there would be some calculations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bp_22)
    Go through the spec and see what you dont know i guess
    i kind of know the topics vaguely, its exchange in plants, biodiversity and classification that i seem to struggle with the most
    especially because our school didnt give us a end of topic test on them as we were so pressed for time

ReputationRep:
    I haven't touched the cardiac/haemoglobin side. But everything else is a bit of here and there I've done. I think 10% of the paper is minimum maths. So there would be some calculations
    but hopefully it would be something like standard deviation or simpsons index of diversity as we get give the formulas, we just need to plug in the values

its when they ask you about rate of trasnpiration or rate of antibody production when it gets a bit tough for someone who doesnt understand maths (even though i do a level chemisty!)

ReputationRep:
    Could someone please explain Spearman's rank?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bp_22)
    ahh the correlation coefficient
    i dont think its as difficult as everyone makes it out to be
    you just have to rank the values in the table (highest to lowest or whatever) and then plug in the values for the equation
    i think then you have to compare your value with the critical value and see if the value is of significance or not

if that makes any sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bp_22)
    It's a but hard to type it out and explain. But my revision guide explains really well. I can take a pic and email it to you? But the purpose of spearman's rank is to see how much the values vary.

ReputationRep:
    but hopefully it would be something like standard deviation or simpsons index of diversity as we get give the formulas, we just need to plug in the values

its when they ask you about rate of trasnpiration or rate of antibody production when it gets a bit tough for someone who doesnt understand maths (even though i do a level chemisty!)
    Even with the equation lol I messed up in the breadth paper for that calculation question :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Even with the equation lol I messed up in the breadth paper for that calculation question :lol:
    which one, the markscheme was wrong one of the equations in the locked specimen paper

(i gained an extra mark ahahah)

ReputationRep:
    which one, the markscheme was wrong one of the equations in the locked specimen paper

(i gained an extra mark ahahah)

I acc cant remember but I remember trying the equation abt 100 times in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah that makes sense thanks, just need to become more familiar with that second part
    ahh the correlation coefficient
    i dont think its as difficult as everyone makes it out to be
    you just have to rank the values in the table (highest to lowest or whatever) and then plug in the values for the equation
    i think then you have to compare your value with the critical value and see if the value is of significance or not

if that makes any sense

ReputationRep:
    I think i kinda understand it now but thanks
    It's a but hard to type it out and explain. But my revision guide explains really well. I can take a pic and email it to you? But the purpose of spearman's rank is to see how much the values vary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bp_22)
    I think i kinda understand it now but thanks
    Just do a couple of practise questions to see if you get the hang of it

Btw with tRNA where does the amino acid that it brings come from?

ReputationRep:
    tRNA just already has an amino acid attached to it, i dont think we need to knwo why or how theres an amino acid attached to it
    Just do a couple of practise questions to see if you get the hang of it

Btw with tRNA where does the amino acid that it brings come from?

ReputationRep:
    A quick brief comparison of the microscopes anyone? Magnification, resolution, adv, disadvantages etc.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think that the cardiac graph is gonna come up on the exam tmrw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bp_22)
    tRNA just already has an amino acid attached to it, i dont think we need to knwo why or how theres an amino acid attached to it
    Ah ok. Well good luck with the exams tmrw :'))

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.