Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The OFFICIAL 'EU Referendum Results ALL NIGHTER' Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _BigDawg_Bruh)
    I am not criticising the working class... I grew up in a working class area and now live in an upper middle class area.

I laughed at them and told them that they are completely out of touch with this country. Also set up a few interesting bets.
    The way you described immigrants is enough in my eyes for at least a warning mate.

ReputationRep:
    John Curtice: Remain overperformances in London do not look to be sufficient to overwhelm the Leave overperformances in the North and the midlands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    What relevance does leaving have to the influence of London over the rest of the UK?
    Because people want to take back control, and this is the first step to holding those in Westminster to account. If they are the sole governors of the country they can be held to account rather than make excuses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    What relevance does leaving have to the influence of London over the rest of the UK?
    The fact that so many areas in England but outside London are voting Leave should really concern London and the powers residing there.

Isn't it obvious?

ReputationRep:
    Rochdale leave

ReputationRep:

(Original post by The Roast)
    I think tiredness is hitting him - i.e slip on the tongue.I believe he is referring to the fact that students are far more likely to vote Remain...Im might be wrong though.
    (Original post by chemting)
    He didn't mean every person with a degree voted Remain :facepalm:He was talking about overall.Attachment 555893Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok. I'll give this 77 year old dinosaur the benefit of the doubt then.

(Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    It is the overall trend, I think.
    Purely anecdotally, the vast majority of university graduates I have on social media are for Remain.
    Ok. I'm concerned about
    • pencils being used to mark the choice on the ballot paper
    • Commonwealth citizens who're in UK who are eligible to vote (i've seen a couple of reports online where some Commonwealth citizens doing PhDs in UK, have said they will vote Remain)
    • postal vote fraud

ReputationRep:
    'Leave side predicted to win'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _BigDawg_Bruh)
    I got a master's degree in Engineering, I voted leave.
    So?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...s-and-analysis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sai4)
    My family would be considered as upper class and we all voted Leave.
    what so you part of the landed aristocracy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    Because people want to take back control, and this is the first step to holding those in Westminster to account. If they are the sole governors of the country they can be held to account rather than make excuses.
    This.

People are fed up. They're sick of being governed by other countries.

Paraphrased from the BBC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Leave has a 400K lead in Scotland.
    What?

ReputationRep:
    Welp gg, only 1 more year of uni and then I can leave this country.

One last **** you from the baby boomers to us

ReputationRep:
    Boston Leave by 75% - the highest score so far for Leavve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    The way you described immigrants is enough in my eyes for at least a warning mate.

You realise I am gone tomorrow?

Why would I come to this liberal chit hole full of retards. I'm a one night only show.... so enjoy it. Cnt.

ReputationRep:
    Coventry voted to leave

ReputationRep:
    you have to remember that remain had all the main parties support plus the support of the prime minister

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsphysics91)
    'Leave side predicted to win'
    Shhhhhhhh!!!...

I'm having a stroke :lol:

ReputationRep:
    While london will have major staying power i think the south will add up massively. thanks to Ireland and Wales. And at least Scotland isn't a total loss

ReputationRep:
    Th guardian is toilet paper. Does anyone take it seriously anymore?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.