• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    Well I am just speculating but if they revive back the villain Davros and he is the creator of the Daleks, well I think we shall see their return
    I want Davros back so bad! I mean if they can bring back the Master, then why not him? He didn't die in his last appearance and plus I've been told by my dad that he was the one who used to scare kids the most, he's awesome.

And, Dude,

Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't know, I found the Ood interesting at first but I don't see why they'd be particularly popular they really weren't on the level of, say, the clockwork droids who were huge amounts of cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorani)
    And, Dude,

Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't know, I found the Ood interesting at first but I don't see why they'd be particularly popular they really weren't on the level of, say, the clockwork droids who were huge amounts of cool.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I would say the Ghost Child was the scariest villian. Nothing is quite as scary as something asking you "Are you my mummy"? Or those statues in Blink, they were really scary. But the Ood were rather pointless I thought, just another Dr Who allien to add.

ReputationRep:
    On a random note, I'm just reading an interveiw with one of the Dr Who and Torchwood producers, Julie Gardner, and she says that they are contiuning with the classic Dr Who villains, bringing back another one for Season 4.

We had Darlecks for Season 1, Cybermen for Season 2, The Master for Season 3, so who do you think could it be for season 4? Possibly the Medding Monk, another Time Lord similar to the Master

Here's the link in case anyone is interested.

ReputationRep:
    We had Darlecks for Season 1, Cybermen for Season 2, The Master for Season 3, so who do you think could it be for season 4? Possibly the Medding Monk, another Time Lord similar to the Master
    I'm gunning for Davros because he's the one people know even if they haven't watched the classic series so he could bring in a lot of people and would be a very nostalgic character to older people. Other than that I'd consider Meddling Monk, Omega, Sil (I actually really liked him too) or Rani.

ReputationRep:
    I want to know what the arc word will be for the next series and whether it was mentioned before :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorani)
    I'm gunning for Davros because he's the one people know even if they haven't watched the classic series so he could bring in a lot of people and would be a very nostalgic character to older people. Other than that I'd consider Meddling Monk, Omega, Sil (I actually really liked him too) or Rani.
    Davros would be good to see, though how could they return the creator back into the series?

Well they did it quite well with the Master, they are capable of doing it here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Davros would be good to see, though how could they return the creator back into the series?

Well they did it quite well with the Master, they are capable of doing it here.
    Davros might have died, but that doesn't mean previous events in his life can't be used, right? Or am I the only one who remembers wibbly-wobbly-timey...-wimey.....stuff.

I've racked my brains for what the arc word could be, but can't think of anything.

ReputationRep:
    I do hope they bring the Master back, though.
    He was such a brilliant character to only use for three episodes.

ReputationRep:
    I do hope they bring the Master back, though.
    He was such a brilliant character to only use for three episodes.
    I think they will, if the Daleks can survive pretty much anything then so can he.

Davros might have died, but that doesn't mean previous events in his life can't be used, right?
    Well I think he can be used easily because in his last appearance, Rememberance of the Daleks, when he'd become just a head in casing he managed to escape at the end in an escape pod. So there's a good chance he's still alive. I may think, though, that they'd want to bring him back in the form everyone recognises and not the one he was in in his last episode.

ReputationRep:
    is James Nesbitt to be the new doctor who?
    http://msnuktv.spaces.live.com/
    i hope he isnt, i dont mind Stephen Moffat taking over as head writer (Blink and Girl in the fireplace were great episodes) but i really dont want Nesbitt to be the new doctor

ReputationRep:
    OMG if he is then I wont watch it!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, this is according to the Sun, who also announced there wouldn't be any more episodes of Dr Who after the 4th series. Both stories can't be true :p:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Apagg)
    Hmm, this is according to the Sun, who also announced there wouldn't be any more episodes of Dr Who after the 4th series. Both stories can't be true :p:
    The same Sun who claimed Martha was being axed and then claimed they were correct about her axing, depsite her going to be in half the series, plus a quarter of Torchwood?

Anyway, a big NO to James Nesbitt. He's not the Doctor at all.

ReputationRep:
    I'd hate to see a woman as Doctor even more though. It just wouldn't feel right.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Apagg)
    I'd hate to see a woman as Doctor even more though. It just wouldn't feel right.
    I think it would be great.

I can even see Rose travelling with a female Doctor, one who is stern, a bit older, perhasp 45-55 and a little bit up herself and who appears not to get on well with Rose, but deep down wouldn't be without her there. Rose too appears not to care for the female Doctor, hates her even, but again she won't leave her and travels with her and tehy help each other out of situations like any other combination of doctor/companion would.

I'd love to see it...

ReputationRep:
    A female doctor would be AWESOME!

A bit weird at first, admittedly, but really cool in the long run, just to shake it up a bit!

Couldn't the doctor also turn into an "alien" in theory (though he obviously wouldn't, since the audience is (mostly) human!)?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know that Timelord regenerations allow gender or species changes. I certainly hope not.
    I just can't see a woman doing the same role as Tennant, Ecclestone, Baker etc. The character would change completely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apagg)
    I don't know that Timelord regenerations allow gender or species changes. I certainly hope not.
    I just can't see a woman doing the same role as Tennant, Ecclestone, Baker etc. The character would change completely.

isnt that the point????

ReputationRep:
    Given that people have been complaining about Nesbitt (who I don't think would be so bad, as I'd quite like a darker series of Dr Who, which, having seen him in Jekyll, seems possible) because he'd change the character too much, I think it's odd they don't object to a female doctor for the same reason.
    I can't see that a female doctor would improve the series in a way a male doctor couldn't, so I don't see the need for such a change, which would require rewriting of Dr Who "lore" so that male Timelords could become female. If such a step is taken it will mean Dr Who has become yet another tool of 'political correctness' (much as I hate to use that phrase)

ReputationRep:
    If they keep going on like this, they're going to have used up all of the Doctor's regenerations, and they won't be able to carry the show on. After all, he hasn't many left, even now.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.