UKCAT 2008 Thread Watch

Holsy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Kathryn128)
Don't worry Holsy, I've got precisely...

2 hours 45 mins ()

xoxo
Gooood luck! :hugs:

(Original post by crazylemon)
I like scarys new name
My brain is dying.
scaryhair
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I like scarys new name. Good to also know of the 1 min chill as on the practice it does add it on.
Hehe I noticed that too, but didn't want to point the error out :p:
Holsy
Rep:
?
It was a term of endearment, really. :wink2:

Done the UKCAT short practice tests on their site. VR = 96% QR = 33% (whey!) AR= 76% and DA 64%. Hmm. Before I've found DA easiest and VR hardest. I've been overcompensating. :p:
crazylemon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Holsy)
My brain is dying.
No, its good get the silly mistakes out of the system now rather than in the test.

Youll do well as long as you dont panic just keep calm
dr.jim
Report 10 years ago
Another quick tip, I shotgunned a red bull 20 minutes before hand and then another after the quant section, really kept me going. And if you're worried about having that much caffeine then you may want to reconsider your profession
crazylemon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by dr.jim)
Another quick tip, I shotgunned a red bull 20 minutes before hand and then another after the quant section, really kept me going. And if you're worried about having that much caffeine then you may want to reconsider your profession
They let you have red bull in the exam? I thought you wernt allowed to take anything in.
Holsy
Rep:
?
:zomg: Performance enhancing drugs, tsk. I wouldn't, personally. I hardly have any caffeine and I'd probably end up bouncing off the walls with a massive headache.
scaryhair
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They let you have red bull in the exam? I thought you wernt allowed to take anything in.
*frowns* Hmmm, you aren't, strictly. It says so on the rules you have to agree to that you must read before you go in.
The centre I went to was very strict, you even had to take jewellery and watches off!
Isometrix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i always stack up on omega 3 for all my exams in the past, don't know if they help or not. best thing to do is eat something high in glucose for your brain - bananas, orange juice...lucozade.

btw i've asked this before...but i need reconfirmation does the real test resemble the short practice test or full length practice test? or is it more 60% full length, 40% short....
scaryhair
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Isometrix)
i always stack up on omega 3 for all my exams in the past, don't know if they help or not. best thing to do is eat something high in glucose for your brain - bananas, orange juice...lucozade.

btw i've asked this before...but i need reconfirmation does the real test resemble the short practice test or full length practice test? or is it more 60% full length, 40% short....
It's more like the full length test. I think the short version on the website is designed just to give you a taster of what it's like.
dr.jim
Report 10 years ago
My test centre didn't allow anything in the room either, I had to leave it outside and run out in the 1 minute break, pretty ridiculous really!
Isometrix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by scaryhair)
It's more like the full length test. I think the short version on the website is designed just to give you a taster of what it's like.
omg there's no way i'm going to do well if that's the case...the timing is so badly prioritised...they give you 29 minutes to do DA which can easily be done under 25 mins....and 21 minutes for the QR. i hate this test and everyone who created it.
scaryhair
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Isometrix)
omg there's no way i'm going to do well if that's the case...the timing is so badly prioritised...they give you 29 minutes to do DA which can easily be done under 25 mins....and 21 minutes for the QR. i hate this test and everyone who created it.
You get:
VR - 21 minutes
QR - 21 minutes
AR- 15 minutes
DA - 29 minutes
Plus a minute for reading the instructions for each section.
Holsy
Rep:
?
Oh woah. I suck at the full length practice tests and I leave in half an hour. My entry to the spreadsheet will be the lowest yet. :proud:

Edit: POSITIVE THINKING. Yeaaah! I can do this! UKCAT hasn't seen nothing yet!
scaryhair
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Holsy)
Oh woah. I suck at the full length practice tests and I leave in half an hour. My entry to the spreadsheet will be the lowest yet. :proud:

Edit: POSITIVE THINKING. Yeaaah! I can do this! UKCAT hasn't seen nothing yet!
Yeah! You go kick some UKCAT arse!
krazzie_ammo
Report 10 years ago
VR: 620
QR: 690
AR: 710
DA: 690

average: 677.5

better than i expected i guess.
scaryhair
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by krazzie_ammo)
VR: 620
QR: 690
AR: 710
DA: 690

average: 677.5

better than i expected i guess.
Well done Great score - and quite consistent too. Pleased it's over?
angelmxxx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
for everyone who's yet to do it, i really recommend guessing the remaining answers when you end up with about 30s-1minute left! I managed to complete the verbal, abstract (though i had no idea with lots of these so that made me faster i think, just guessing which set it would look best in!) and decision analysis, but only did about 70% of the quanititaive reasoning before i had to guess, and i still did ok!

I got:

VR - 790
QR - 690
AR - 680
DA - 740

2900 total/725 avg.
scaryhair
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by angelmxxx)
for everyone who's yet to do it, i really recommend guessing the remaining answers when you end up with about 30s-1minute left! I managed to complete the verbal, abstract (though i had no idea with lots of these so that made me faster i think, just guessing which set it would look best in!) and decision analysis, but only did about 70% of the quanititaive reasoning before i had to guess, and i still did ok!

I got:

VR - 790
QR - 690
AR - 680
DA - 740

2900 total/725 avg.
Impressive! I bet you're very pleased, congratulations
Seems like today is going to have a good trend with UKCAT scores, lets keep our fingers crossed for Holsy and Kathyrn128
angelmxxx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by scaryhair)
Impressive! I bet you're very pleased, congratulations
Seems like today is going to have a good trend with UKCAT scores, lets keep our fingers crossed for Holsy and Kathyrn128
thanks! i honestly thought i was gonna get 300 on the maths + abstract because i had no idea, so just goes to show u have to keep going! and yeah, good luck for everyone still doing theirs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.2%
No - but I will (41)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.48%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (280)
46.51%

Watched Threads