Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidewalkwhenshewalks)
    i read the last line asI am THE most important person in the world and wondered what the hell that had to do with anything
    should've gone to specsavers, clearly
    I just did the exact same thing :o:

ReputationRep:
    Yayyy.
    Offer from Warwick for PPE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metamorphosis_S)
    Yayyy.
    :eek: well done! Maybe Warwick aren't going to be keeping people waiting quite as long as usual.

Did that come today - I can't decide whether I should be checking track over the weekend or not.

Also, I read the impatient as important as well. They include a lot of the same letters...

Also, thanks to whoever it was that gave me rep on this thread - I'd like to meet a fellow selwyn applicant!

ReputationRep:
    well done people

ReputationRep:
    Yay Things are starting to happen! I got two letters in the post today - one from Pembroke, Cambridge and one from Nottingham. The cambridge one just asked me what area of science I was interested in so that they could schedule the interviews - pretty much told me they're gonn give me an interview. Nottingham one told me they were intending to give me an offer and inviting me to one of these ucas visit days.

Does anyone know if it will effect the offer if I decided not to go?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by gbowy2)
    Yay Things are starting to happen! I got two letters in the post today - one from Pembroke, Cambridge and one from Nottingham. The cambridge one just asked me what area of science I was interested in so that they could schedule the interviews - pretty much told me they're gonn give me an interview. Nottingham one told me they were intending to give me an offer and inviting me to one of these ucas visit days.

Does anyone know if it will effect the offer if I decided not to go?
    Sounds like Pembroke are very organised this year . Have you sent off the SAQ yet? Or was the Pembroke form asking for an even more specific area than physical/biological?

ReputationRep:
    yeah I sent off the saq a while ago, this was asking me more specifically - they asked me to tick one out of physics, chemistry, geology, zoology/ecology, biochem or other. I have to send it back by Nov 4th. Have you heard anything from Peterhouse yet?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by gbowy2)
    yeah I sent off the saq a while ago, this was asking me more specifically - they asked me to tick one out of physics, chemistry, geology, zoology/ecology, biochem or other. I have to send it back by Nov 4th. Have you heard anything from Peterhouse yet?
    Other than a data protection form nope . Honestly, with only about 30 applicants a year for NatSci you'd think they'd be super organised :yep: . Oh well, at least they have a blog .

ReputationRep:
    AAB offer from Sheffield, I just screamed the house down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Divide By Zero)
    Have you already done your A levels or did they just love you?
    Being Scottish, UCAS applications are based upon Higher results, which we took last May. But hopefully they loved me nonetheless.....I did try to be a loveable candidate.

ReputationRep:
    does the uni of sheffield send acknoledgments???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dougal1)
    AAB offer from Sheffield, I just screamed the house down
    well done!!!!!

ah methinks sheffield and exeter have english and history departments that are toom organished!! bring on the philosophy offers! they're probably spending too long thinking about it.... and then thinking "oh but what's the point! these people don't exist anyway!" :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elwoodc)
    well done!!!!!

ah methinks sheffield and exeter have english and history departments that are toom organished!! bring on the philosophy offers! they're probably spending too long thinking about it.... and then thinking "oh but what's the point! these people don't exist anyway!" :p:
    HAHA. But yes, I agree, hurry it up, Philosophy & Theology departments.

What's funny, is my friend has applied for English & History, but hasn't heard from Exeter yet. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)
    Other than a data protection form nope . Honestly, with only about 30 applicants a year for NatSci you'd think they'd be super organised :yep: . Oh well, at least they have a blog .

Well good luck then. I hope you hear from them soon.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham - Natural Sciences offer AAA.

My 5th choice because I'm a medicine applicant but it's nice to hear something!

ReputationRep:
    York - English AAA
    SO HAPPY

ReputationRep:
    are people getting replies during the weekend? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I think the fact that all these people are reading 'impatient' as 'important' says more about them than me...:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metamorphosis_S)
    Yayyy.
    wow wicked, when did you apply, i applied for ppe and am now getting worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaBelle142)
    are people getting replies during the weekend? :confused:
    I got mine yesterday but only found out when UCAS emailed me this afternoon.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

Student on bed with laptop

All student accommodation articles

City guides and advice on finding the right place

Photo of apprentices

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A young woman talking to her mother

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.