Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hyeree)
    lousy form of art.
    which annoys the hell outta me :tongue:

but physics is just EW.
    hey hey! if there was no physics, you medics wouldnt have all your equipment and diagnosis methods so if we are 'ew' then you can forget medicine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcfch)
    hey hey! if there was no physics, you medics wouldnt have all your equipment and diagnosis methods so if we are 'ew' then you can forget medicine!
    "Let the clueless classes tremble at a Physics revolution. We have a world to win. Physicists of the world, unite!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bender_22)
    "Let the clueless classes tremble at a Physics revolution. We have a world to win. Physicists of the world, unite!"
    Yes, "clueless classes" is apt indeed. There are only two types of science, really, there's physics, and then there's memorising some properties of stuff that only exist as a consequence of physical laws.....

ReputationRep:
    oh dudes and dudettes, y'all know that medics get laid the most!

:tongue:
    That's only because you're surrounded by unconscious people, and dead bodies - they're hardly able to say no:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyco)
    That's only because you're surrounded by unconscious people, and dead bodies - they're hardly able to say no:rolleyes:
    i;d say we were surrounded by live people .....
    it's actually only surgeons and pathologists who are into that kind of stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyco)
    now THAT is below the belt :tongue:

:eek: a chemist! Which side will you choose?

:tongue:

ReputationRep:
    i;d say we were surrounded by live people .....
    it's actually only surgeons and pathologists who are into that kind of stuff
    don't forget the anethetists the're the ones with the knockout chemicals

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Chemistry!!
    UCAS are being slow updating track though,
    Hoping for 38 points, 7 in Chemistry and 6 in Maths like blackswan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimlosfriend)
    Got an offer for Chemistry!!
    UCAS are being slow updating track though,
    Hoping for 38 points, 7 in Chemistry and 6 in Maths like blackswan
    Well done. Could you post your details as requested in the first post please? It's useful for other applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rite)
    Yes, "clueless classes" is apt indeed. There are only two types of science, really, there's physics, and then there's memorising some properties of stuff that only exist as a consequence of physical laws.....
    There's a great quotation by Enrico Fermi. He was once asked the name of a specific particle by a student. His answer was: "If I could remember the names of all these particles, I'd be a botanist." :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Name: blackswan
    Course (deferred?): Chemistry F103
    GCSEs/equivalent: 3 A*s, 7 As
    AS/equivalent subjects + grades: (IB SL subjects) Spanish - 7, Psychology - 6, Physics - 7
    Predicted/actual subjects + grades: (IB HL subjects) Maths - 6, Chemistry - 7, English - 6
    Other grades (BMAT/AEA/STEP etc): TOK + EE - 2 points (IB predicted score - 41)
    Decision: Offer! (Firm choice)

ReputationRep:
    Name: mimlosfriend
    Course: Chemistry with a year in Industry
    GCSEs: 7A*s and 3As
    Predicted IB: SL - English 6, French 6. History 7. HL - Chemistry 7, Biology 7, Maths 6.
    + 2 bonus points 41 overall
    Other grades: -
    Decision: Offer - 38 overall with 7 in HL Chemistry and 6 in HL Maths. - Firm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackswan)
    Name: blackswan
    Course (deferred?): Chemistry F103
    GCSEs/equivalent: 3 A*s, 7 As
    AS/equivalent subjects + grades: (IB SL subjects) Spanish - 7, Psychology - 6, Physics - 7
    Predicted/actual subjects + grades: (IB HL subjects) Maths - 6, Chemistry - 7, English - 6
    Other grades (BMAT/AEA/STEP etc): TOK + EE - 2 points (IB predicted score - 41)
    Decision: Offer! (Firm choice)
    What are the actual details of your offer? And congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rite)
    What are the actual details of your offer? And congratulations!
    Thanks! I got the same offer as mimlosfriend: 38 points overall, with 7 in HL Chem and 6 in HL Maths.

ReputationRep:
    Could you put me in bold please, Swayum? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swayum)
    I wonder who said that... oh wait yeah, a physicist :rolleyes:.
    who chose physics over maths when given the choice :tongue:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    So, who's on the Imperial Facebook group? If so I'm the one who said "Physics " at 18:34 on the first of February :awesome:.

(I don't wanna put my name on here or admit that I'm on an internet forum for students on there :tongue:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithra)
    So, who's on the Imperial Facebook group? If so I'm the one who said "Physics " at 18:34 on the first of February :awesome:.

(I don't wanna put my name on here or admit that I'm on an internet forum for students on there :tongue:)
    i said "Woo go go Physics " on the 9th Feb

(Original post by Mithra)

I'm on it :ninja:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by kcfch)
    i said "Woo go go Physics " on the 9th Feb
    I seee youuuu! :gasp:

Latymer eh? :shifty:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 26, 2010
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.