UEA Accommodation Watch

This discussion is closed.
ThePurpleRose
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dreamofaninsomniac)
I'm looking at a campus en-suite, anybody else? I know it's a little bit more expensive but compared to other universities it's a bargain!
I am.

I wake up in the night too much to not go for it. I thought about the village for a while, but decided that being closer to the campus would be better for someone who's nearly always running late...
diamonddust
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ThePurpleRose)
I am.

I wake up in the night too much to not go for it. I thought about the village for a while, but decided that being closer to the campus would be better for someone who's nearly always running late...
LMAO, you make a very good point!
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by diamonddust)
Punctuality isn't my strongest point either :p:o
dreamofaninsomniac
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
Ditto! I'm useless!
dreamofaninsomniac
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by High As A Kite)
Yep, UEA accomadation is some of the best going - proven by their accolades :cool:

What are you first choices?
First choices? As in universities? UEA is my only choice, I declined all the others *looks evil* If you mean accommodation - campus ensuite
High As A Kite
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
First choices? As in universities? UEA is my only choice, I declined all the others *looks evil* If you mean accommodation - campus ensuite
accomodation I think mine was campus ensuite too I can't remember my pref. list :/ I had it all sorted out in my head when i came to this thread, had a good read, and asked a few ppl q's.

think my second choice was village or norfolk/suffolk :confused: I cant remember which (if any) had the ensuite !
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by High As A Kite)
accomodation I think mine was campus ensuite too I can't remember my pref. list :/ I had it all sorted out in my head when i came to this thread, had a good read, and asked a few ppl q's.

think my second choice was village or norfolk/suffolk :confused: I cant remember which (if any) had the ensuite !
the village has the ensuite and norfolk/suffolk is shared bathrooms
High As A Kite
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
the village has the ensuite and norfolk/suffolk is shared bathrooms
ahh thank you so much !
Aodhán
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was planning on putting Norfolk/Suffolk first choice but I'm not entirely sure.

Everyone here seems to be going for campus en-suite...
goofy-blues
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aodhán)
I was planning on putting Norfolk/Suffolk first choice but I'm not entirely sure.

Everyone here seems to be going for campus en-suite...
Yeah, me too. But then I wasn't sure about the sharing bathrooms thing. I'd kind of like my own for the first time...
having said that Norfolk/Suffolk have nice views over the grass and lake rather than over other halls...
I'm just torn!
thecat23
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mrk12a)
Just a question about the halls. I live 30 miles away from the uea and was wondering whether i would get accommodation in the halls or not? Do they think i have to commute from that distance?

thanks any help appreciated
Taken from the site:

The following categories of students are not guaranteed accommodation:
Undergraduate students joining through the Clearing process.
Students who live in an approximate 12 mile radius of the UEA (see details below).
Students with a UK or EU fee status starting an undergraduate course and have lived in UEA accommodation during a previous wholly or partially completed undergraduate course.
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by thecat23)
Taken from the site:

The following categories of students are not guaranteed accommodation:
Undergraduate students joining through the Clearing process.
Students who live in an approximate 12 mile radius of the UEA (see details below).
Students with a UK or EU fee status starting an undergraduate course and have lived in UEA accommodation during a previous wholly or partially completed undergraduate course.
The OP asked this back in 09 and isn't going to UEA now.
Jaredss
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lucyyy)
Nope, just the path is right outside my room so people feel the need to stare as they walk by.. I rarely open my curtains for that reason in all fairness, which ain't great when the weathers lovely!

The old 'I'll be a recluse' trick. We usually swamp the kitchen and sound over enthusiastic and scare them a bit. At least you dont have hoards of school children everyday walking to the sainsbury center- children glance but the teachers stare.
thecat23
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The OP asked this back in 09 and isn't going to UEA now.
LMAO did not notice that
ThePurpleRose
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Ditto! I'm useless!
Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one!
diamonddust
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Nope! I used to run on black man's time! For the unititiated...
(Original post by The infallible Urban Dictionary)
A very relaxed concept of time, as used by black people the world over...
e.g. aiming to get somewhere at 1 when it starts at 12 and actually get there at 2.30 :rofl:*cough* That's an exaggeration. You don't aim to get somewhere an hour later than planned, it just... happens!
...then I realised everyone else was actually excepting me to be on time! And so you will now see me being early to everything... apart from school, which despite being 15 minutes away at a slow walk, 10 if I stroll, 5 if I power walk and 2 minutes if I take the bus, I somehow always arrive at 9 on the dot or half an hour late. :sad:
My parents are worse than me haha, if I want my dad to get me somewhere on time, I have to tell him the event starts two hours earlier than it actually does. :rolleyes:
But yeah, campus en suite it is!
kpwxx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
being closer to the campus would be better for someone who's nearly always running late...
I considered that before I applied, but I ended up thinking that if I was 5 minutes closer to lectures, I'd probably just end up decided that meant I could sleep for 5 more minutes ><

I woke up in the village 10 minutes before my very first 9am lecture, I've never moved so fast in my life but I actually made it lol.
ThePurpleRose
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nope! I used to run on black man's time! For the unititiated... ...then I realised everyone else was actually excepting me to be on time! And so you will now see me being early to everything... apart from school, which despite being 15 minutes away at a slow walk, 10 if I stroll, 5 if I power walk and 2 minutes if I take the bus, I somehow always arrive at 9 on the dot or half an hour late. :sad:
My parents are worse than me haha, if I want my dad to get me somewhere on time, I have to tell him the event starts two hours earlier than it actually does. :rolleyes:
But yeah, campus en suite it is!
Haha! I have to say I'm the same. Only I run on 'Ish-ish' time. As in, it starts a 8, so I say '8-ish' and end up somehow rolling up 15-30 minutes late, no matter how early I get ready to go, which is irritating, to say the least... I'm starting to wonder when my friends will start telling me things start earlier than they do, like your dad.

(Original post by kpwxx)
I considered that before I applied, but I ended up thinking that if I was 5 minutes closer to lectures, I'd probably just end up decided that meant I could sleep for 5 more minutes &gt;&lt;

I woke up in the village 10 minutes before my very first 9am lecture, I've never moved so fast in my life but I actually made it lol.
Haha, bravo! That has to take some skill to get ready and get on campus in that much time. It's a skill I don't think I have. I'll have to work on before I get to uni!
Katy09
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How big are the wardrobes in campus en-suite?
pigwigeon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Katy09)
How big are the wardrobes in campus en-suite?
Not huge. A couple of feet wide at most. They've got a shelf above them, which I can't reach (but I shove big things up there like big jumpers/scarves and stuff), and a set of drawers. I also have a couple of boxes under my bed full of tights and shoes, but I probably have too many clothes. I'd bring a bit of extra storage if you've got loads of stuff. And bring hangers. Many, many hangers.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 9 Feb '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.6%
No (737)
72.4%

Watched Threads