Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ibysaiyan)
12 here
Gonne recharge myself now...
OMG :O...what grades do you need?

EDIT: do you have the paper for the jan A2 module?
TX22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
guys for succession do we need to just know succession on sand dunes and bare rock?
TX22
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What did everyone get for their Biology ISAs?

everyone should take a break from revision for like 10 mins....looool
smflesh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hihihi,

Has anyone done 2.4.2 of the Heinmann OCR book? It says that the plant cells are limited (first paragraph) due to their cell walls in terms of dividing and expanding, whereas towards the end of the first page it describes how plant cells elongate.. I thought they were limited in terms of expansion!?
Oh and could someone please relate together the division of meristem cells in the apex of shoots and the elongation? (the paragraph after the diagram on the first page of the 2.4.2 double spread)

Thanking you!
aimz08
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TX22)
What did everyone get for their Biology ISAs?

everyone should take a break from revision for like 10 mins....looool
Break already like 45 mins :P so enough of tsr logging out after this post :P....Got 80%...
ibysaiyan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by aimz08)
I have typed up notes for F214 - anyone want them? I would appreciate it if someone could tell me if they are good enough...
YES YES can i haz the link ?
ibysaiyan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TX22)
guys for succession do we need to just know succession on sand dunes and bare rock?
Yes both.
Feel free to ask me any question except for behaviour i havent done that yet.
ibysaiyan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
OMG :O...what grades do you need?

EDIT: do you have the paper for the jan A2 module?
A*A*A highly unlikely curses so A*AA inshallah.
Falcon91
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What did you get in jan for chem/bio?
ibysaiyan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Falcon91)
What did you get in jan for chem/bio?
Weeps I do bio,maths and physics...
*facepalm* f212 B,F214 c! I feel much confident this time though.I thought I had it last time but... guess i wasn't lucky ?
Liverpool F.C.™
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Insha'allah bro, keep working at it. :top:
ibysaiyan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
Insha'allah bro, keep working at it.
Inshallah :top:
Falcon91
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Weeps I do bio,maths and physics...
*facepalm* f212 B,F214 c! I feel much confident this time though.I thought I had it last time but... guess i wasn't lucky ?
I worked really hard for F214 too, but then that paper was total rubbish i got a C, 1 or 2 marks from a B. I thought i had it too =( hopefully its much better in summer!

Havent done so much revision today, finding it VERY difficult to concentrate, only did like 4/5 hours =( early night and hard work tomorrow i guess :eek:
conscience
Report 8 years ago
can someone please help me with this question, i dont have clue what they're asking, can't find it in the books either... thanks!

Explain how lengths of RNA that are complementary to lengths of mrna may supress the expression of a gene

this is in the biotechnology/gene technology section by the way.
ibysaiyan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I worked really hard for F214 too, but then that paper was total rubbish i got a C, 1 or 2 marks from a B. I thought i had it too =( hopefully its much better in summer!

Havent done so much revision today, finding it VERY difficult to concentrate, only did like 4/5 hours =( early night and hard work tomorrow i guess
I know i know with 12 exams I am going :eek3:
The key is not to giveup and just keep re-doing them past papers and re-reading that BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKK ARGHH my whole time is just being sucked in thanks to maths.... xD
Najmin_Akhtar
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have typed up notes for F214 - anyone want them? I would appreciate it if someone could tell me if they are good enough...

Hey yeah i want them please and i'll let you know whether they are good or not x
Falcon91
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I know i know with 12 exams I am going :eek3:
The key is not to giveup and just keep re-doing them past papers and re-reading that BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKK ARGHH my whole time is just being sucked in thanks to maths.... xD
Yeah, i dunno how you're coping tbh!
I only have 6, the problem im having is some days my concentration dips so much that i do minimal, i never really take a day off from when i start so hopefully recover and finish up the bio syllabus tomorrow morning (revision guide) and then go over some important points from the text book which has more detail on some parts :eek: . Then chem and computing...oh the joy.:yep:
ibysaiyan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah, i dunno how you're coping tbh!
I only have 6, the problem im having is some days my concentration dips so much that i do minimal, i never really take a day off from when i start so hopefully recover and finish up the bio syllabus tomorrow morning (revision guide) and then go over some important points from the text book which has more detail on some parts . Then chem and computing...oh the joy.
Yep
The only thing which worries me is the time not the amount of study I need to do.
I am all good with most except for the fp2 module in maths :eek3: and lil. bit of physics =/
Falcon91
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yep
The only thing which worries me is the time not the amount of study I need to do.
I am all good with most except for the fp2 module in maths :eek3: and lil. bit of physics =/
Agree, although do you fully revise the synoptics as well? because i find i still have most of the knowledge accumulated (just as i did in chem january) and i did a bit of checking on the key points but nothing substantial and i did well in that :P
But then again, something must have gone wrong in jan bio, i refuse to believe it was only down to the paper. I remember a lot of suggest questions for points that werent covered in the book that i hadnt heard before.
smflesh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by conscience)
can someone please help me with this question, i dont have clue what they're asking, can't find it in the books either... thanks!

Explain how lengths of RNA that are complementary to lengths of mrna may supress the expression of a gene

this is in the biotechnology/gene technology section by the way.
The expression of a gene refers to the transcription of the gene (mRNA complementary to the template strand of the gene is produced which is therefore a copy of the coding strand) and then the subsequent translation of the mRNA by ribosomes to produce the specific chain of amino acids. During translation, the single stranded mRNA binds to a ribosome and tRNA molecules with complementary anticodons (or base pairs) then bonds to the mRNA; each tRNA also has an amino acid, and etc etc a chain of amino acids is produced as the ribosome moves along the mRNA, tRNA with complementary base pairs bringing more amino acids and so on.
The RNA strands will anneal (or bond by complementary base pair) to the mRNA molecules as they are complementary in base pair. As a result, since the mRNA molecule is no longer single stranded, if the now double stranded molecule or RNA + mRNA does bind to a ribosome, tRNA cannot pair with the mRNA (as again, the mRNA is already bonded to a complementary RNA molecule!), as a result, translation of the mRNA cannot occur, and therefore you essentially surpress the expression of a gene i.e. although transcription still occurs, translation doesn't because of what was described above, and the polypeptide chain that the gene codes for isn't produced.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?