Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimbaLion)
    Speaking from a couple years ago, you just ranked about six places where you wanted to live on the form. I have a feeling you could request certain flat mates but not a certain flat.

If you don't mind me asking, is there any particular reason you want a particular flat?
    Ah thanks for the info! Did you choose Oadby? It's not that I want a particular flat really but I know JoFo includes houses as well as the Pavillion and I'd much prefer the modern flats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student_room_)
    Ah thanks for the info! Did you choose Oadby? It's not that I want a particular flat really but I know JoFo includes houses as well as the Pavillion and I'd much prefer the modern flats!
    Yes I got my first choice so I was happy! Ohh okay well all of the converted houses are self catered so for the pavilions you just pick catered

ReputationRep:
    When do the applications for accommodation open this year?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, has anyone been sent the email yet?

ReputationRep:
    I remember the email being pretty late so don't panic! You won't actually find out where you're living until after results day anyway so there's no rush

ReputationRep:
    Besides john foster, which other places do self catered ensuite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelxox)
    Besides john foster, which other places do self catered ensuite?
    I only really know of John Foster, there's Bowder Court in GMS which offers self catered ensuite but I think that these are more expensive! I'm currently living in an catered ensuite room in GMS, so feel free to ask any questions! ������

ReputationRep:
    I've applied with Beaumont as my first choice (Not sure if I got the email early because my offer is unconditional) Anybody else going for Beaumont?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied with Beaumont as my first choice (Not sure if I got the email early because my offer is unconditional) Anybody else going for Beaumont?
    I'm living in Beaumont at the moment so feel free to ask any questions you've made a very good choice haha

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, i received my email today but its saying this when i try to register, does anyone know why?

''ERROR: Your personal details have not been validated successfully. Please re-enter your details or contact the Accommodation Office to inform them of any difficulties''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacksplum)
    Hey everyone, i received my email today but its saying this when i try to register, does anyone know why?

''ERROR: Your personal details have not been validated successfully. Please re-enter your details or contact the Accommodation Office to inform them of any difficulties''
    It's happening to me as well, I'm guessing its just a problem they're having?

ReputationRep:
    Wondering if anyone is having any luck with the accommodation application yet ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graceeliza)
    I'm living in Beaumont at the moment so feel free to ask any questions you've made a very good choice haha
    Brilliant! Thanks haha, didn't actually get to have a look round Beaumont when I went but I like the look of it on the website! I've applied for catered ensuite, what did you have? I heard people complaining on here before that the bus was always full up when it got to Digby, is there any room left on the bus when it gets to Beaumont usually?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ross_Tarrant)
    I had this problem for ages, was so frustrating! But I managed to apply yeaterday, I just hope it hasn't put me at some unfair disadvantage of getting my first choice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ross_Tarrant)
    Lool this message pissed me off last year. It will work soon don't worry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant! Thanks haha, didn't actually get to have a look round Beaumont when I went but I like the look of it on the website! I've applied for catered ensuite, what did you have? I heard people complaining on here before that the bus was always full up when it got to Digby, is there any room left on the bus when it gets to Beaumont usually?
    I've got catered ensuite at the moment all the ensuite rooms are in the older blocks of Beaumont, with shared bathrooms being in the newer blocks. umm it depends really, if you're getting an early bus for say a 9 or 10am lecture then it is usually worth walking to John Foster, which is like a minute walk around the corner, but other than that it is usually okay

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but just wondering if anyone can clear something up for me. I've made my unconditional offer my insurance choice. Do I need to apply for accommodation now or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustThatGuy)
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but just wondering if anyone can clear something up for me. I've made my unconditional offer my insurance choice. Do I need to apply for accommodation now or not?
    No. Leicester only accept application offers from people who have confirmed it as their firm choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimbaLion)
    No. Leicester only accept application offers from people who have confirmed it as their firm choice
    Oh ok cheers

ReputationRep:
    How long after you firmed leicester did you receive the accommodation email? I really want Beaumont!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.