Turn on thread page Beta

Singapore Kopitiam watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    yeah the online citizen.

here's the address.

http://theonlinecitizen.com/

ReputationRep:
    Anyone of you going to study in Huddersfield ma?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. What courses and uni are you guys studying in? And how lenient are UK uni towards accepting Internationals with lower grades?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but what is Kopitiam ?

ReputationRep:
    coffee shop..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lionelg)
    coffee shop..
    breakfast+coffee shop, i searched its meaning on wiki, finally found its source, from Malaysian and fujian dialect bla bla bla.......
    A long story.....

I've got a singaporean friend, we met in hospital in Shanghai, he just like a elder brother, in fact, i don't take him as a foreigner, i just take him as a Chinese and he originally came from China.

He also told me some history of Singapor, for exmaple, they learn from Israel, because those two countries are similar, very small, should find way to protect itself, and its relationship with Malaysia and Indonesia and the proportion of the nationalities in Singapore ect.

ReputationRep:
    yeah... sounds about right.. your friend seems to like history

ReputationRep:
    yeah... sounds about right.. your friend seems to like history
    He's so called vice president for sales international department for a certain company......

ReputationRep:
    Any of you guys got any offers yet? I just sent in my app couple days ago. Heh.

ReputationRep:
    nope not yet.. acknowledgement of receiving application yes..

no welcome letter either has been one week.. but i can log on to track though

what unis did you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    nope not yet.. acknowledgement of receiving application yes..

no welcome letter either has been one week.. but i can log on to track though

what unis did you applying for?
    LSE, UCL, Warwick x2, York

All for either 'History and Politics' or 'History'. Yourself? I've got acknowledgments from all of the unis save York =/

ReputationRep:
    umm.. imperial, bristol, loughborough, southampton, bath

aero eng

ReputationRep:
    Cool. Best of luck!

If you don't mind me asking, which school were you from previously?

ReputationRep:
    i actually was from a poly, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Haha I was from SAJC. Not too many from my school go to the UK. In fact I don't know any friends from school who are applying =x

ReputationRep:
    hahhaha, its pretty much the same situation as me. I have secondary school friends who went to JC (JJC) but none of them I know of are going overseas. Oh well Its always good to make totally new friends than keep sticking to the old ones sometimes

ReputationRep:
    hello, waiter, i order a cup of orange juice~

ReputationRep:
    Hi Singaporean peeps, mind posting your results (A Levels/poly/IB Results) , the schools u applied and which ones you were admitted into? Cause Im quite curious how much leeway does UK universities give for internationals..

ReputationRep:
    I think it would depend on your personal statement, and the grades the unis want..but these were my results in 06.

C.Maths - A
    F. Maths -A
    Physics - A
    Economics - C
    GP - A1

Math 'S' - D
    Physics 'S' - M

Applied to Warwick for MMORSE and MMath, Edinburgh for Mathematics, LSE for Acturial Science and Mathematics and Economics.

Was only rejected by LSE's Mathematics and Economics, but then again, my PS was more geared towards math.

(I applied and received the rejection before my A level results were out, so I'm very sure it is not the C in econs that is the factor)

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from University of York for History and Politics.

A Level Results - AAC for History, Econs and Literature respectively. A2 for GP

Prospectus stated requirement was AAB.

Still waiting to hear from LSE, UCL and Warwick.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.