This discussion is closed.
CameronLee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by V95)
hey, does anyone have any rough predictions on the ISA grade boundries?
I would like to know this too, hopefully the same as last year, maybe 1 mark higher

Posted from TSR Mobile
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CameronLee)
I would like to know this too, hopefully the same as last year, maybe 1 mark higher

Posted from TSR Mobile
my teacher have me 44 - that was exactly an A* last year, so i really hope it doesn't increase at all this year :P

ideal scenario: it decreases, although i seriously doubt AQA are that kind! lol
CameronLee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by V95)
my teacher have me 44 - that was exactly an A* last year, so i really hope it doesn't increase at all this year :P

I hope so too ! I got 41 , so if it goes lower I'm in serious sh*t haha , but I've got a good A ATM and hopefully need 75% in the last exam for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I hope so too ! I got 41 , so if it goes lower I'm in serious sh*t haha , but I've got a good A ATM and hopefully need 75% in the last exam for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeahh supposing i get 50/60 UMS in my ISA, i'll need around 67% for my A - hopefully i'll end up with more than 50 UMS though, all other years, 44 would have given around 54/56 UMS, hopefully it's similar this year! how did you do in unit 4 if you don't mind me asking?
rm.xo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by V95)
hey, does anyone have any rough predictions on the ISA grade boundries?
Im gonna say (using last years grade boundaries and that they do down every year unfortunatley )

Full ums: 47/48
A*: 45/46
A: 43/44
B: 41/42
C: 39/40
D: 37/38

But you never know, they could be pretty much the same as last year. I thought the ISA was quite hard this year!
MLogan
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rm.xo)
Im gonna say (using last years grade boundaries and that they do down every year unfortunatley )

But you never know, they could be pretty much the same as last year. I thought the ISA was quite hard this year!
I think they will be a bit lower this time round, it was much harder than last year! ISA's always let me down :|
rm.xo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MLogan)
I think they will be a bit lower this time round, it was much harder than last year! ISA's always let me down :|
Somehow ive done okay on this ISA, i really dont know how, it was really hard. But my AS isa really let me down.
blueeyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rm.xo)

What was full UMS last year, if you don't mind?
rm.xo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by blueeyedgirl)
What was full UMS last year, if you don't mind?
It was 46/50
blueeyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rm.xo)
It was 46/50
Thank you!
AdamStott64
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Describe and explain how a myelin sheath effects speed of an impulse along a neurone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
master y
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi everyone. Just want to put an idea out there, for the synoptic essay practice, shall we post our essays on here and we can mark each other's essays?I think it will be good to see and learn from other people's essays.
noreaction
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
myelin sheath increases the speed of an impusle along a neurone because
action potential jumps from node of ranvier to nod of ranvier
this is as the myelin sheath is an eelctrical insulator

this is fater than unmyelinated as the action potenitla in the case of unmyleinated only occurs due to the depolarisation of adjacent regions

(Original post by AdamStott64)
Describe and explain how a myelin sheath effects speed of an impulse along a neurone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
noreaction
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
can someone please explain this
kinises
tropisms
and also that plant tropism test with all the different theories

many thanks

(Original post by erniiee)
Oh lordy, moves more rapidly/makes less frequent turns when in unfavourable conditions in order to make it more likely to leave the area. When in favourable conditions, it moves less rapidly/turns more frequently so its more likely to stay in those favourable conditions.

Define negative feedback
noreaction
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
rod cells are in a 3-1 ratio
the image is combined from 3 different cells
hence why there is a lack of detail and you cannot distinguish between two objects close together
(Original post by Mocking_bird)
Yep
erniiee
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by V95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by rm.xo)

(Original post by MLogan)
I got 44, and when I spoke to my teacher, they said this year's A2 ISAs were harder than the last. But AQA and their boundary inflation usually means the grade boundaries go up by a mark (so I was expecting 45 for an A*). However, last year, the AS ISA was much harder than the year before and the boundaries stayed the same rather than increased.

So I'm guessing it'll be 44/45 this year for an A*, 42/43 for an A etc
noreaction
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hey was wondering
since i did unit 4 in jan
do we need to know unit 4 in detail for unit 5
like the respiration bit
or just a brief knowledge of it ???

for the synoptic essay bit
rm.xo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by erniiee)
I got 44, and when I spoke to my teacher, they said this year's A2 ISAs were harder than the last. But AQA and their boundary inflation usually means the grade boundaries go up by a mark (so I was expecting 45 for an A*). However, last year, the AS ISA was much harder than the year before and the boundaries stayed the same rather than increased.

So I'm guessing it'll be 44/45 this year for an A*, 42/43 for an A etc
Oh! i really hope so! that would be so so good!
Afz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone have any predictions for this summer Essay topics?
Tikara
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can anyone help me with the section 14 exam questions?? (from the nelson thornes book)

on 2c) How can you possibly know which triplet code is Met and which is Lys (out of TTT and TAC). The table says there is one of each

and on 4bi/ii) The mark scheme says the first 3 DNA bases are CGT - I got CCT as the mRNA says GGA. I don't get why this is wrong

It would make sense if this was a misprint? and the code for mRNA actually went GCAAUGGUU - I think it is actually because later in the question it lists the original mRNA as this.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.94%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.08%
Not great so far... (220)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.09%

Watched Threads