Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigerz)
    True that, I totally forgot about PVC etc I think i'll get 1 mark for that bit
    To be honest, you may get the mark for purify, it just depends upon how pedantic they will be in the paper on marking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregzzzter)
    I put flame retardants for the other use of CFCs is that right? and what does CFC actually stand for?
    (Original post by super121)
    Chlorofluorocarbon
    Oh snap, apparently CFCs did use to be used as flame retardants. The MS should acknowledge this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregzzzter)
    hahahaha, damn that would of been a good way of remembering it. Nice I put chlorofluorocarbons, thought it was a hard paper though. Hopefully 75/80 for an A
    I'm hoping for maybe 70-72 for an A

Yeah I didn't think it was too easy or too hard, it was standard I'd say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra82)
    Did anyone get 1,1,5- trimethyl hept-4-ene for the name of the molecule by any chance. It seems right to me when i work it out, but everyone seems to be writing other things...
    It is in fact 3,7-dimethyloct-3-ene.

Its this because the double bond must be on the smallest numbered carbon possible (In this case number 3 carbon) and then take the longest chain (8 carbons = octene) and then put the other groups in which is 2 methyl groups left on the 3rd and 7th carbon.

And there we have it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JammyGit07)
    I wrote Anhydrous Potassium Sulphate....Is that acceptable? Knew is should of put Sodium -_-'
    Yeah I think that might be allowed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sumi Prakash)
    What was the inorganic product formed? if anyone remembers this question..
    water?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali_Ludley)
    It is in fact 3,7-dimethyloct-3-ene.

Its this because the double bond must be on the smallest numbered carbon possible (In this case number 3 carbon) and then take the longest chain (8 carbons = octene) and then put the other groups in which is 2 methyl groups left on the 3rd and 7th carbon.

And there we have it.
    Yeah, i got the same

ReputationRep:
    That's awkward I thought it was 2,6methyldecene hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anthonyrf)
    Yeah but it said intermolecular bonds which means between molecules, I was thinking that at first but pretty sure that's what intermolecular means.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But I still thought that was the case..... I don't know, retakes for me I think

ReputationRep:
    Surely grade boundaries wont be as high as june 12, this one definitely seemed a bit harder

ReputationRep:
    what do you think will be the mark to get an a

and to get the full 150 ums

ReputationRep:
    Is it okay to say for the question about main uses of CFCs

Making bleach
    Making disinfectants

?

Also I said distillation for the one asking for the purifying method, a mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Login)
    I can confirm that the shape of Nitrous oxide (N2O) was linear.
    I have no idea why I didn't put linear, I got the dot and cross right as far as I know but then my mind just went off it
    Do you think I'll still get some marks for saying electrons repel, as far apart as possible, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grassgrazers01)
    I have no idea why I didn't put linear, I got the dot and cross right as far as I know but then my mind just went off it
    Do you think I'll still get some marks for saying electrons repel, as far apart as possible, etc.
    Some marks yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali_Ludley)
    To be honest, you may get the mark for purify, it just depends upon how pedantic they will be in the paper on marking.
    Ahh yup, we'll find out after anyways, thanks
    I got 2,6-methyleoctene :lol:

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the overall equation when you add the two equations together? They even managed to make that hard when it should be one of the easiest things! grr

ReputationRep:
    wasnt the alcohol primary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by exams567)
    wasnt the alcohol primary?
    No, it was tertiary because the OH was bonded to a carbon that was bonded to 3 other carbons

ReputationRep:
    I put Carbon Fluorine Clorine instead of chlorofluorocarbons :facepalm:
    What the hell was I thinking there?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it went well but afterwards I knew for sure I got two questions wrong ! (Luckily they were only 1 mark questions)
    But still ! Who knew a one marker question could stomp you in an exam for ages
    The rest went well though ... *Breathe*

Hope it went well for everyone

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.