Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For anyone that did AQA Chem2 what do you think the boundaries will be for an A & B

& for the EMPA what again do people think the boundaries will be for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emah123)
    What do people think the grade boudaries or f324 and f325 will be like? Higher/lower that jan 2013? So worried!!
    f325 was crazy hard.
    hoping 68 for an A!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onkar-M)
    f325 was crazy hard.
    hoping 68 for an A!
    Wasn't crazy hard but wouldn't mind 68 for A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    f325 was crazy hard.
    hoping 68 for an A!
    Oh dear, was F325 a killer once again this June? I did it in Jan, wasn't a pleasant experience doing that horrible exam under exam conditions - somehow managed to scrape an A in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thers)
    Oh dear, was F325 a killer once again this June? I did it in Jan, wasn't a pleasant experience doing that horrible exam under exam conditions - somehow managed to scrape an A in it.
    Honestly, I had the Jan paper as a mock and I was like ffs what do I do?! I couldn't imagine having it as my exam!
    It was a killer this June! To the people saying exams are getting easier, I really disagree...:confused:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Honestly, I had the Jan paper as a mock and I was like ffs what do I do?! I couldn't imagine having it as my exam!
    It was a killer this June! To the people saying exams are getting easier, I really disagree...:confused:
    I personally think January's exam was harder, this exam just had a lot of calculation questions in and a last question which not too many people would've been able to complete it all as they might've forgotten about water of crystallisation from AS

ReputationRep:
    It's just the bitter adults and young adults, jealous about our youth, and will do anything to belittle the current generation's vast improvement in exam scores, in order to justify their own lackluster school days. Off with their heads, I say!

PS - I heard AQA chemistry unit 5, june 12, was a killer.

ReputationRep:
    So much pressure.
    It seems that everywhere I go I can't avoid being asked where i'm hoping to go which is just going to make it 10 times worse when I have to tell them all I didn't get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CurtisDean)
    ARTPOP can mean anything
    So when is the album coming out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chignesh10)
    Wasn't crazy hard but wouldn't mind 68 for A

Posted from TSR Mobile
    its all subjective hey?
    And I see you've entered for chem at uni, I certainly haven't LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    So when is the album coming out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    11-11-13

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    What's wrong with FM A2? Modules?
    I just found it too difficult. If you liked maths more than me it would be fine I'm sure :P I HATED FP4. So much. The bane of my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CurtisDean)
    11-11-13

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh god that's ages away. I thought a single was being released later this month though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone here do edexcel m1 this June?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    I personally think January's exam was harder, this exam just had a lot of calculation questions in and a last question which not too many people would've been able to complete it all as they might've forgotten about water of crystallisation from AS
    Lol **** that last question, it destroyed me, I figured out how to do it like 20 seconds before time was up so only scored like 1-2 marks probably. I also think Jan's was harder but this paper was also pretty difficult IMO. I need to scrape a B to get an A overall (if coursework is roughly worth the same) and really hoping I hit it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    Oh god that's ages away. I thought a single was being released later this month though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know right! Typical Lady Gaga, making us all wait forever :rolleyes:

Lol, but yep, you are correct!

New single: Applause
    Comes out on August 19th 2013 (19.08.201) and can be downloaded on iTunes. The album ARTPOP will be available to be pre-ordered on that date too, with a music video for Applause being released on Aug 19th also.

So Aug 19 will be a very busy day lool

ReputationRep:
    its all subjective hey?
    And I see you've entered for chem at uni, I certainly haven't LOL.
    true but i was saying with comparison to past papers. oh well fingers crossedfor your boundary
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by FailedMyExams)
    Lol **** that last question, it destroyed me, I figured out how to do it like 20 seconds before time was up so only scored like 1-2 marks probably. I also think Jan's was harder but this paper was also pretty difficult IMO. I need to scrape a B to get an A overall (if coursework is roughly worth the same) and really hoping I hit it.
    Yeah it almost got me too but luckily I worked it all out in time so I've got those marks And I should also be getting special consideration for this exam too so that'll be another 5 marks for me which should get me around 87+ hopefully I need such a high mark to get an A though as I got a C in AS and a D in January so yeah I resat almost all the modules to make the A more possible than getting an A* in the A2 year
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by the A* guy)
    anyone here do edexcel m1 this June?
    I did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhmedDavid)
    For anyone that did AQA Chem2 what do you think the boundaries will be for an A & B

& for the EMPA what again do people think the boundaries will be for an A
    Hmm. I'm not sure. I thought the paper was very easy for chem 2.
    I'd say 78 for an A
    69 for a B?

I'd also say around 91 is full UMS. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.