Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Congratulations and commiserations where appropriate. To some things may seem bleak, even unfair at the moment but almost everyone ends up enjoying themselves wherever they end up and can't imagine having gone anywhere else.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I got ABB (only 7 marks away from AAB but I won't think about that for now hehe) :woo::woo::woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    im so nervous 1 hour till I get the bus to get to my school to pick up my AS-levels. I have to prove 5 teachers wrong
    look em in the eye like a BOSS!

ReputationRep:
    yaya got an A in Chemistry and heading to Kings College London
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by goldenfish)
    Got rejected from both unis amd can't apply through clearing because I haven't been released by my insurance even though I asked them to release me 30 mins ago :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It could take some time, so be patient. You won't be able to add a clearing choice until 5pm anyway. You can start having a look at what places are available in clearing just now whilst your insurance releases you.

ReputationRep:
    Leaving for school now, omg results are so close now I hope my bus isn't ****ing late
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Congratulations to everybody who got what they needed! If you didn't it is just a minor set back, don't worry and look at your alternatives.

ReputationRep:
    2 As, 2 Bs and a C! Slightly disappointed about the C in Biology, but I'll just resit that. Only dropped 13 marks across the entire English Lit. course which is nice. Pretty pleased, now I can enjoy the rest of summer. :')
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by otrivine)
    AWESOME!! Congratulations, otrivine! So happy you got in!!

Illusionary and cpdavis are sitting near me right now and they're both really happy, too! That's BRILLIANT.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody heck no wonder they talk about grade inflation, pretty much everybody on here has got an A or A*. Makes me wonder whether or not I should be happy if I get such a grade if about a million over people got exactly the same...

ReputationRep:
    Got AS results of AAAC! Sooooo haaaappy
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by otrivine)
    SO happy for you! Well done

I got overall A's in Physics, Chemistry and Maths in AS but I can't think of any degree I want to go into... Can anybody list me as many as they can or give pros and cons of each one? I'm really confused about what to do... (And well done everyone else!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :cry2:
    Damn it.
    That's a year of retakes, thrown away because of illness through the exam period. For the third year running.
    I think I must have been a hornet in a past life, or someone really horrible, because I'm making up for it now!
    Don't know what to do. I guess I'll just retake.
    Again. I'm getting to be an old hat at this.
    :hugs: Congratulations to everyone who got what they wanted.

ReputationRep:
    Got a better remark score

Congrats to everyone..

ReputationRep:
    My offer was ABB but I got A*AC, I was accepted into my firm but do you think its worth going for an adjustment place? Will I get a better place even though I got a C? I'm applying for computer science and the C was in physics if that helps...

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Got into uni but I didnt get the grades I worked hard for. Bittersweet feeling :/

ReputationRep:
    So my boyfriend has received an Unconditional from his insurance, and an unconditional place with significant changes from his firm. He's really happy with this an all and wants to know how long does he have to decide!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Cameron10)
    Bloody heck no wonder they talk about grade inflation, pretty much everybody on here has got an A or A*. Makes me wonder whether or not I should be happy if I get such a grade if about a million over people got exactly the same...
    Actually, A and A* awards are down 0.3% from last year! 26.6% to 26.3%!

(Original post by slash2k0)
    My offer was ABB but I got A*AC, I was accepted into my firm but do you think its worth going for an adjustment place? Will I get a better place even though I got a C? I'm applying for computer science and the C was in physics if that helps...
    Afraid you wouldn't be eligible for Adjustment anyway. You have to meet and exceed your offer, so the C misses that.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.