Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nemi022)
    hey guys
    I am firming Birmingham, and thought I would ask ifanyone defiantly is too. I am a bit worried about going to fresher’s week withno friends (am moving from Newcastle to Birmingham so)…i am going to be studying Law btw

No need to be worried about not knowing anyone, that's the whole point of uni. You'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pulkkk)
    Got a really doable conditional offer today for IR. Any companions?
    Congrats on your offer! I'm still waiting for IR with political science :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabrieleR)
    Congrats on your offer! I'm still waiting for IR with political science :/
    Thanks! It's just a matter of time as they say

ReputationRep:
    Well done on all the offers! Conditional offer for International Relations with Political Science.. they asked for ABB Now I have to choose between Birmingham and Queen Mary University of London for firm choice.

ReputationRep:
    Finally got my conditional offer for Biochemistry (C700) from the University of Birmingham!! As long as I get ABB in any order in Biology, Chemistry and Psychology!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ne88pv)
    hi, i got 2 offers for Ms. urban planning from Birmingham and sheffield, birmingham has better ranking and sheffield has better faculty, now i don't know how to choose??
    hey guys i am international student and i don't have any special idea about these universities can you please advise me?

ReputationRep:
    Firmed my unconditional offer to do French and Spanish! Anyone else going to the applicant day on 15th March?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aallen)
    Just got an offer for English: they only want me to get an A in English this year. That's semi-unconditional, right?

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!
    I have an offer for English Literature & History too! Where else have you applied for English and History? I have an offer from Southampton so I'm not sure if I should firm Southampton or Bham...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ne88pv)
    hey guys i am international student and i don't have any special idea about these universities can you please advise me?
    Well, which place do you like better? Rankings are pretty subjective. Which has the courses you prefer? Which city would you rather live in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daeonica)
    Well, which place do you like better? Rankings are pretty subjective. Which has the courses you prefer? Which city would you rather live in?
    i prefer to live in birmingham because as i know it is bigger, more active and... but i am not sure about its ranking for my course (it is a little bit weak) my goal is to get my phd and sheffield is more strong in my course and of course i have conditional offer from sheffield and unconditional offer from birmingham, now i just want to know about the native students opinion around these 2 uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubyx)
    I have an offer for English Literature & History too! Where else have you applied for English and History? I have an offer from Southampton so I'm not sure if I should firm Southampton or Bham...
    I'm a straight Literature applicant. I've an offer from Cardiff too, which is rather tempting too. I'm too into my Shakespeare though, so I think Birmingham is the one for me.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone started applying for accommodation. What do you have to do and which places are the best/would you recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aallen)
    I'm a straight Literature applicant. I've an offer from Cardiff too, which is rather tempting too. I'm too into my Shakespeare though, so I think Birmingham is the one for me.
    Oh okay, I don't know why I assumed you were applying for History also lol. Yeah, I love the modules on Shakespeare at Bham I'm even considering a Masters on Shakespeare at UCL. I think I'm going to go with Southampton though mainly because, of the History modules. Good luck with your exams!

ReputationRep:
    Which accommodation is everyone applying for?
    I'm stuck between mason and tennis courts at the moment. Any advice would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed my unconditional for economics and geography (joint honours) and have applied for tennis courts then mason for accommodation. Is there anyone else who has applied for tennis courts/mason and has an unconditional offer? Also is there anyone that is looking to firm an economics/geography place? 😀

ReputationRep:
    I don't have an unconditional but I have applied for mason/tennis courts :-)

ReputationRep:
    Awesome 👍 have you firmed birm?

ReputationRep:
    yes i have, to study philosophy, religion + ethics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nemi022)
    hey guys
    I am firming Birmingham, and thought I would ask ifanyone defiantly is too. I am a bit worried about going to fresher’s week withno friends (am moving from Newcastle to Birmingham so)…i am going to be studying Law btw
    Hey, I firmed Birmingham today! Moving from Middlesbrough so not too far from you. I'm doing Chemical engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex0506)
    Hi, Birmingham Chem Eng as well hopefully. They give you a tour on the interview day. As soon as the offer comes through they will send you accommodation stuff. You fill in a questionnaire and put your top 5 accomodation choices in order of preference. I think it's first come first serve though so fill it in a soon as you get the offer it doesn't matter if it's your firm or whatnot. You can change it once it's submitted and you'll still have the same place on the priority list. I went meal plan because I'm a but hopeless at cooking and birmingham do meal plans 2 meals a day mon-fri so I'll still have a chance to cook and you'll still get a kitchen area even though it's caterer. Hope this helps, good luck for the interview
    Hey, I'm also chemical engineering! I firmed today. Have you firmed yet? And where have you applied for accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.