44.25%
    700-749
    23.45%
    750-799
    5.31%
    > 800
    8.41%

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone already done an interview yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiahinch)
    Ah you think it'll be after Christmas? Are we sure that they interview everyone who has met academic requirements/ will meet them?
    Sorry for the late reply,I just saw this. Ermm they do say you are 'guaranteed' and interview on their website but you can never be too sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My advice for interview would be:

*BE concise- you have 5mins per station but if you have 30 seconds left and nothing to say, much rather stay silent than talk nonsense.
    *Bring a drink! you'll be surprised how quickly your mouth goes dry under pressure
    *Think aloud! (in one particular station, problem solving skills will be assessed. I got the final answer wrong but I did my though process aloud
    *Formulate your answer while the interviewer is talking initially and feel free to take longer. Silence> Waffling (although only slightly)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star10159)

*BE concise- you have 5mins per station but if you have 30 seconds left and nothing to say, much rather stay silent than talk nonsense.
    *Bring a drink! you'll be surprised how quickly your mouth goes dry under pressure
    *Think aloud! (in one particular station, problem solving skills will be assessed. I got the final answer wrong but I did my though process aloud
    *Formulate your answer while the interviewer is talking initially and feel free to take longer. Silence> Waffling (although only slightly)
    Are the stations 1 to 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Debo1996)
    Has anyone already done an interview yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup, just today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popolo)
    Yup, just today!
    How was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Debo1996)
    How was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Better than expected, but rambled on quite a bit on a couple of stations. All the interviewers were really nice and encouraging though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaska)
    Are the stations 1 to 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    most-yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Assy123)
    Sorry for the late reply,I just saw this. Ermm they do say you are 'guaranteed' and interview on their website but you can never be too sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay great thanks! Looks like I'll just have to be patient then (MUCH easier said than done haha)

ReputationRep:
    I Just called up St George's and the woman said role play might not be running this year, can anyone who has had an interview this year already please confirm whether you had a role play station or not?

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star10159)

when you say problem solving skills what sort of problem is it?

is it like the UKCAT SJT section where it's related to medicine or is it more of a mathematical puzzle?

ReputationRep:
    For work letters, if we didn't mention it in our personal statement but put it on our UCAS information, do we need to get a letter??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazymedic)
    MMI's are bliss Because you can mess up in one station but still pull it back in the others, plus most of interviewers know nothing about your grades or PS so that allows everyone to be judged fairly.

These competences?

Academic ability and intellect
    Empathy
    Initiative and resilience
    Communication skills
    Organisation and problem solving
    Team work
    Insight and integrity
    Effective learning style

Hmmmm they assessed most of them informally, in the sense that they didn't have a specific station for most of them. For example communication skills is tested in every single station but on the other hand Empathy does have it's own station (Role play).

I just wrote this long email about the interview and prep, I'll PM you that and anyone else who wants it.

Hi I would really appreciate a PM too please

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I only have three relevant work experiences to put down - do you think that'll be okay? I've been trying desperately to get more, and whilst I'm signed up for two more (chemo ward work and a weeks rotation at a hospital) neither of them are soon/can be used as references as I haven't started yet. Darn deciding to do medicine at the last moment!

Edit: rereading the sheets, and noticed 'If you gain any subsequent formal work experience after interview, you can also submit this' - Guess that'll be useful for me, although I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make to my application!

Also - would a provisional licence and paper copy be okay instead of a full one you reckon? I don't have a valid passport! Worst case scenario, if I get an offer, is I guess they withhold it until admissions clears me on that front, which is okay, I can pay for a passport.

(Original post by blissfully)
    when you say problem solving skills what sort of problem is it?

is it like the UKCAT SJT section where it's related to medicine or is it more of a mathematical puzzle?
    I hope it's not maths, I'm terrible at maths! QR was almost my worst UKCAT section

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popolo)
    Yup, just today!
    was there a role-play station? if you're not allowed to say then nevermind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legend4lyf)
    Hi I would really appreciate a PM too please

Posted from TSR Mobile

need a pm here please.
    thank you for your help.

ReputationRep:
    if people dont mind ... is each station 1 question and 1 answer or is it 2 , 3 questions in 1

I would find it awkward if I answered 1 question in 5 minutes and didnt allow time to get asked the other questions.

thanks for your help...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else here have an interview tomorrow? If so, how are you feeling about it?

I'm quite nervous, as I don't really know what to expect from their MMIs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the A* guy)
    Anyone else here have an interview tomorrow? If so, how are you feeling about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do!
    Definitely nervous, but I feel like I've done a fair amount of preperation, and it'll be okay with any luck!

Edit: Honestly, I'm bricking it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the A* guy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me, really scareddddd

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.