University of Birmingham anyone?!
Original post by Lsmoran1

Me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay!! More friends!
Anyone firmed Surrey?
Reply 1164
Why everyone putting down St Andrews? Are here any offer holders?

I think the university is sort of similar to Bath, better than Durham and comparable with Glasgow (still taking little edge).

What about comparison to UCL? (speaking purely about university, not environment)

(got offers from them all)
Anyone got a decline from Kings College London

Have you guys firmed Birmingham then? I think I might... :biggrin:
Still waiting for a reply from bath.......:frown:
I'm considering or rather really want to do Psychology course at uni. But I think my grades may be a bit iffy. I'm from Scotland by the way :P

Int 2 English - A(4th)
Higher Admin - A(5th)Higher Accounts - A(5th)Higher History - B(5th)(Appeal)Higher English - C(5th)Int 2 Maths - A(5th)
Higher Media - B(6th)Higher Geography - C(6th)Higher Maths - D(6th)

My 5th year went pretty well whereas my 6th year pretty much went to **** lol. The other two highers in 6th year were both no awards :'( If anyone can help me salvage this situation I'd much appreciate it :smile: I'm thinking of doing a HNC Social Sciences which involves Psychology, so would this improve my chances much?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SpikeSpieg
I'm considering or rather really want to do Psychology course at uni. But I think my grades may be a bit iffy. I'm from Scotland by the way :P

Int 2 English - A(4th)
Higher Admin - A(5th)Higher Accounts - A(5th)Higher History - B(5th)(Appeal)Higher English - C(5th)Int 2 Maths - A(5th)

My 5th year went pretty well whereas my 6th year pretty much went to **** lol. The other two highers in 6th year were both no awards :'( If anyone can help me salvage this situation I'd much appreciate it :smile: I'm thinking of doing a HNC Social Sciences which involves Psychology, so would this improve my chances much?

Your chances at uni aren't 0!! In 5th year im assuming you got AABC? I know that's just under the typical entry for quite a few in scotland? However the likes of Abertay was AAB? Going to college first wouldn't be a problem and then that would definitely boost your chances for when you apply again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SpikeSpieg

Int 2 English - A(4th)

Have a look at Glasgow Caledonian and Edinburgh Napier! The requirements at these universities are AABB and BBBB respectively. Even the University of Edinburgh isn't out of the question as its requirements are also AABB (which you have achieved over two years). I think it's definitely worth a try :smile: In the meantime, though, college might be worthwhile incase your application is unsuccessful. Or you might just want to find some relevant work experience to make you more desirable to universities despite your grades (which aren't as bad as you think!). Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by isabelles
Have a look at Glasgow Caledonian and Edinburgh Napier! The requirements at these universities are AABB and BBBB respectively. Even the University of Edinburgh isn't out of the question as its requirements are also AABB (which you have achieved over two years). I think it's definitely worth a try :smile: In the meantime, though, college might be worthwhile incase your application is unsuccessful. Or you might just want to find some relevant work experience to make you more desirable to universities despite your grades (which aren't as bad as you think!). Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm really interested in a St Andrews Uni course which is MA Film Studies and Psychology. But obviously the grades are way up there lol. So what I'm asking is if I get an A in HNC Social Sciences(If I don't I'll give up on this course :tongue:) and have relevant experience working/volunteering in a media related job do you think I have any chance?
Guys if you had to chose between University of Kent and University of Glasgow which one would you go for?
Reply 1173
Original post by thefatduckTEEHEE
Guys if you had to chose between University of Kent and University of Glasgow which one would you go for?

You got rejected from St Andrews?

Based on prestige plus location Glasgow.
But as I know, they gave out offers to average applicants, if they can meet their best grades and that is something I do not fancy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thefatduckTEEHEE

Based on location, definitely Kent. Glasgow is a really poor area with one of the highest poverty rates. I don't know where the uni is so don't take my word for it but I know Glasgow isn't a great area.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes!! I think I'm gonna firm them :smile:
Just got back from my interview at Bath. I thought I would be stretched more.
Original post by taeht
You got rejected from St Andrews?

Based on prestige plus location Glasgow.
But as I know, they gave out offers to average applicants, if they can meet their best grades and that is something I do not fancy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope I didn't apply for St Andrews. I got accepted into the rest which are Cardiff and Aberdeen but Edinburgh still hasn't gotten back to me. I like the course in both these unis the best and everything else too and that's why I can't decide which one to firm.
Just got an offer from bath!!!!! :d
Original post by Amy_B2014
Based on location, definitely Kent. Glasgow is a really poor area with one of the highest poverty rates. I don't know where the uni is so don't take my word for it but I know Glasgow isn't a great area.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The University of Glasgow is in the West End of Glasgow, which is a completely different world than the part you're thinking of! It's full of expensive town houses, museums and Kelvin Grove park is right beside the university. You're not wrong about Glasgow in general but the university is in a very nice and beautiful area :smile: I know nothing about Kent, however, so it may well be the better of the two!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest