The Uni Study Thread Mark IV Watch

WhamBamJam.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Psyc_Girl)
I wish mine was only 0.25, I might email someone to actually double check that its a whole mark, because I was thinking its very mean aswell.. I dont exactly know how its laid out, no-one does (that I know anyway) we were just told you lose a mark if you're wrong.

I study Psychology! I had a feeling they werent released because they'd reuse them.. Oh thats a good idea about emailing to see a sample! I think i'll do that too . It's just stressing me out because I always do bad at mcq, even my school exams I messed up on them, and now the thought of losing a mark when I get one wrong is making me think I'm 100% going to fail :cry2:
Yes they should definitely tell you the style so you can prepare! And make sure you know how many questions. On my last one they said there'd be 50 questions.. but actually there were 50 stems with 5 statements per stem - all of which had to be answered! So 250 questions. Cause I wasn't prepared for this I ran out of time cause we only had 40 mins or so.

Anyway! Good luck. Do ask cause it could be true/false or you might have to pick the correct answer out of several options.

And remember the answer is infront of you so if you know the content you'll be fine. It's mainly facts like dates and theories and stuff!

Posted from TSR Mobile
paniking_and_not_revising
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Psyc_Girl)
Sorry for posting 3 times in a row!

Was just wondering if anyone else's exams are marked negatively? Where you lose a mark on multiple choice if you are wrong?

I'm really panicking that if I get half right, I'd get 0 marks in mqc because I would have lost a mark for each other ones wrong in the other half.. So stressed out! Is it just my uni that does this? They said it's to stop people from guessing the answers :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's so mean!

No we don't do Multi choice exams. It's all essay *shudders*

Would quite like some multi choice questions though. Just to make it a little easier.

Our uni do let us take in statute books into exams because it's impossible to memorise over 4000 words of relevant statutory provisions but we can't mark these books in any way so much of the exam is spent flicking through these bloody books looking for the correct one. That's about as mean as my university gets!

I do get a half hour break during exams though which is nice haha because I'm sick which is not the haha part
BeyondandAbove
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Finally got about 200 words written. 10% done. Yes. I think by tomorrow night I should be done. Hopefully.
Elphaba Thropp
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BeyondandAbove)
Finally got about 200 words written. 10% done. Yes. I think by tomorrow night I should be done. Hopefully.
Progress! You can do it!

Still haven't finished my DAAD research essay, must have it finished tomorrow as I have to post everything on Monday. Meant to go into the city centre today but the weather was so bad that I didn't bother. I'm so disorganised at the moment and feel sick. I need to get it all together and fast!
BeyondandAbove
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Elphaba Thropp)
Progress! You can do it!

Still haven't finished my DAAD research essay, must have it finished tomorrow as I have to post everything on Monday. Meant to go into the city centre today but the weather was so bad that I didn't bother. I'm so disorganised at the moment and feel sick. I need to get it all together and fast!
I'll see it as that! haha. Thanks. And you can do it too! ... Well, you kind of have to do it, hey?
arguendo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
painfully close to the end of a 7500 word essay and it's only getting harder to finish it off. the nearer the end gets, the more i lose motivation. aaaaaargh
MyName??!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
back to uni tomorrow... holiday over... :cry2:

:teehee:

Also, am having an argument with the boyyy :sad:
hwalusimo1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just started my 1st year again, doing a new course at a new university. Will definitely start using this thread when I start my 2nd semester in Feb!
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hwalusimo1)
Just started my 1st year again, doing a new course at a new university. Will definitely start using this thread when I start my 2nd semester in Feb!
Hello again, I remember you from the A-Level thread way back when (5 years ago...)
shorttstuff
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MyName??!)
back to uni tomorrow... holiday over... :cry2:

:teehee:

Also, am having an argument with the boyyy :sad:
:hugs: hope you're alright, I've had many arguments with my boyf and we're still together () so I'm sure you can get through it :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hwalusimo1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
Hello again, I remember you from the A-Level thread way back when (5 years ago...)
Yes, I remember you also

And oh wow, the years just fly by
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hwalusimo1)
Yes, I remember you also

And oh wow, the years just fly by
Do you mind saying where you've gone now or what your studying? I was sorry to see you forced into clearing all those years ago
sliceofcake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I came back from home after Christmas 2 weeks ago but it's felt closer to 2 months, time has dragged so much due to revision. I can't wait for these exams to be over with. I feel incredibly sick and horrible all of the time because of these bloody things. First exam on Wednesday, second is on Monday. I can do them (because I have to)!
jelly1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ok well today I need to: get back to uni (3ish hour car drive) conclude essay no 2, finish the references for essay no1 and read for essay no3 (due thursday) as well as hopefully doing an introduction. I don't half set myself challenges at times
MyName??!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by shorttstuff)
:hugs: hope you're alright, I've had many arguments with my boyf and we're still together () so I'm sure you can get through it :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you :shy2:

relationships can be bloody difficult and stressing! :lolwut:
hwalusimo1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
Do you mind saying where you've gone now or what your studying? I was sorry to see you forced into clearing all those years ago
Aww and I'm at Birmingham City University doing Media & Communications- what I originally wanted to do
Vitamin D
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
First day back today so happy with the biology module this semester as it's mostly cell biology and biochemistry! Last semester it was more physiology/anatomy based which isn't really my bag. I have a 2 hour break every day which I think will be useful when I have work to do but right now I'm just vegetating in Starbucks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
sliceofcake
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't want to do any more revision :ashamed::bawling:
venuswaltz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
submitted a pretty shoddy essay and now trying to cram for exam tomorrow. bleuuuugh.

good luck to everyone else
WhamBamJam.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sliceofcake)
I don't want to do any more revision :ashamed::bawling:
Sharing your pain. My head hurts so much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (26)
48.15%
No - but I will (1)
1.85%
No - I don't want to (1)
1.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (26)
48.15%

Watched Threads