Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling it'll be Durham that replies to me last, as I'm so keen to hear a decision from them. Agh this wait could be a long one...

ReputationRep:
    I'm both nervous and excited! The offers will start flowing back in!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream that I didn't get into neither Oxford nor Durham and it was so sad...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard for Classics?

(Original post by mazzaion)
    I had a dream that I didn't get into neither Oxford nor Durham and it was so sad...
    Hey, there's more to life than school. But I'm sure you've nothing to worry about

ReputationRep:
    If you've applied to both, chances are you're good enough for at least one! Also, what have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ppequeens)
    If you've applied to both, chances are you're good enough for at least one! Also, what have you applied for?
    Hopefully, I've applied for Classics!

ReputationRep:
    Applied for English

GCSE'S: A*AABBBBC (A* in lit)

AS: English lit A (191/200)
    RS- A (100%)
    Fine art- B

Predictions: A*AA (I'm aiming for two A*'s )

I have an offer from Lancaster & York university to study Literature, and my personal statement is strong according to 3 English literature teachers. I'm so doubtful over hearing so many rumours about the weighting of GCSE'S. All of my teachers consider me to have come into my own at A level- I constantly overanalysed and went into too much detail at GCSE- hence why they believe I am much more suited to A levels.
    I had a large adversity in year 10 that landed me in hospital for most of the year- however I have not told Durham admissions- I'm debating telling them but it may seems as though I'm too keen (even though it is my dream).

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for Biomedical Sciences!!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an unconditional offer for Classics!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully, I've applied for Classics!
    Same!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhamill864)
    Still waiting on an offer for MMath (European Studies). Was really hoping to hear earlier than this as Durham is my first choice. Has anyone got an offer for this course yet? My grades are
    GCSE: 11 A*s
    AS: 4As
    Predicted: 4A*s
    I also applied for Cambridge and so my UCAS has been in since early October, I'm a bit worried because I've heard Durham are reluctant to give offers to people they think have applied to Oxbridge. Is there any truth in this?
    I too applied to Durham and Cambridge for maths and I have similar predictions to you, I only got my offer from Durham just before Christmas and they were last to reply (other than Cam of course). I think Durham are quite slow getting back to people so I shouldn't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhi_el)
    Same!
    Nice! Where else have you applied? Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Nice! Where else have you applied? Good luck!
    Thank you! Cambridge, St Andrews, Exeter and Edinburgh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhi_el)
    Thank you! Cambridge, St Andrews, Exeter and Edinburgh!
    When are you hearing back from Cambridge? I applied to Oxford and they're giving out decisions tomorrow which is nerve wracking! Good luck to you

ReputationRep:
    When are you hearing back from Cambridge? I applied to Oxford and they're giving out decisions tomorrow which is nerve wracking! Good luck to you
    GOOD LUCK!!!!! This time next week for me...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from engineering? Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyhaighjacobs)
    Applied for English

GCSE'S: A*AABBBBC (A* in lit)

AS: English lit A (191/200)
    RS- A (100%)
    Fine art- B

Predictions: A*AA (I'm aiming for two A*'s )

I have an offer from Lancaster & York university to study Literature, and my personal statement is strong according to 3 English literature teachers. I'm so doubtful over hearing so many rumours about the weighting of GCSE'S. All of my teachers consider me to have come into my own at A level- I constantly overanalysed and went into too much detail at GCSE- hence why they believe I am much more suited to A levels.
    I had a large adversity in year 10 that landed me in hospital for most of the year- however I have not told Durham admissions- I'm debating telling them but it may seems as though I'm too keen (even though it is my dream).

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated
    Hey I applied for English joint with philosophy and those are great ums for AS since literature will be heavily weighted to, I didn't score so highly but I'd say email them about it if it could help although I know how you feel about the too keen part because my teacher emailed them to change a predicted grade but they respond efficiently and kindly and take everything into consideration so it can't really disadvantage you- also then you'll have done everything you can and if you still think you look too keen then just imagine it can only work in your favour as they'll see you probably want to firm them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jill800)
    Hey I applied for English joint with philosophy and those are great ums for AS since literature will be heavily weighted to, I didn't score so highly but I'd say email them about it if it could help although I know how you feel about the too keen part because my teacher emailed them to change a predicted grade but they respond efficiently and kindly and take everything into consideration so it can't really disadvantage you- also then you'll have done everything you can and if you still think you look too keen then just imagine it can only work in your favour as they'll see you probably want to firm them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thankyou so much, I shall do! And Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyhaighjacobs)
    Thankyou so much, I shall do! And Good luck!
    Thanks, good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.