Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    got bad news about my uncle, he needs open heart surgery

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Big hugs lovely. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: thanks guys, it's hard not to worry though he apparently only got one functioning valve in his heart so he'll need 3 replacements, and apparently the waiting list means it could be weeks before he gets them

plus I really want my dad to go for a checkup now incase it's something genetic but he's really stubborn and never goes to the doctors :/
    I know hun, but hell be ok, i do know its hard, i often worry about my uncle, but hospitals know what there doing now!

Could you talk to your mum about your dad getting a check up? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Big hugs. :console: I'm sure things will be okay, if you need someone to talk to, you can always PM me. Your uncle is in the best place to get help. :yep::hugs:

-------

Finally told my best friend on campus about the PTSD (not really anything specific)/depression/what my GP has been saying and also what happened at the CMHT appointment (she didn't know anything at all) and the complaint I've filed against the psychiatrist. And she was so lovely about it, she said she is always around if I need someone to talk to. Still couldn't bring myself to tell her about the ED stuff though, was too scary.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Brain says she would think I was too fat to have an ED

All in all I feel a lot better now that someone knows. Almost chickened out though, glad I didn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    Finally told my best friend on campus about the PTSD (not really anything specific)/depression/what my GP has been saying and also what happened at the CMHT appointment (she didn't know anything at all) and the complaint I've filed against the psychiatrist. And she was so lovely about it, she said she is always around if I need someone to talk to. Still couldn't bring myself to tell her about the ED stuff though, was too scary.
    Spoiler:
    Show

All in all I feel a lot better now that someone knows. Almost chickened out though, glad I didn't.
    PRSOM, well done for being awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    PRSOM, well done for being awesome.
    Thank you.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Thank you.
    Well done rep from me

(Original post by Nathanielle)
    In your costume?
    Perhaps :ninja:

(Original post by Anonymous #2)
    Last night was probably the worst I've been in terms of risk/bad thoughts since I was in hospital. Thankfully I'm a lot calmer today. Just need to do this bloody essay now :emo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hugs for you too. Hopefully it will all go smoothly :hugs:

Spoiler:
    Show
    im ****ing done with this stupid ****ing life and this hideous world. I am done, defeated. given up. this world is too hard for me. no one ****ing understands and im ****ing sick of it. ****ing done.

ReputationRep:
    Big hugs. :console: I'm sure things will be okay, if you need someone to talk to, you can always PM me. Your uncle is in the best place to get help. :yep::hugs:

-------

Spoiler:
    Show

Well done chick, you should be so proud of yourself! Its not easy to talk to people we know IRL about stuff like that :hugs: really glad your friends been really good aswell! :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

-------

Spoiler:
    Show

Yayyy well done! Glad someone knows now :hugs:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    im ****ing done with this stupid ****ing life and this hideous world. I am done, defeated. given up. this world is too hard for me. no one ****ing understands and im ****ing sick of it. ****ing done.
    :jumphug: Please try and stay safe?

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It is not to hard for you. Look around, so many people out there, everyone so different, thus there is a place for as well!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Maybe instead of using the words eating disorder, you could just say, I have problems like this and they affect me like this? This will not waken up some prejudice/misinterpretations and on the same time make your pattern of problems more understandable to somebody and you able to talk about it?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh worrying again about all my college work, feeling like i wont have enough time to get it all written up for going back after half term. dont want to be failing it too, although i would get a resub, but i dont want to be doing that

On a good note, got an early birthday present today

Please, am I worrying about nothing?

Germ/contamination phobia spoiler..

Spoiler:
    Show
    I've just cooked some chips on a baking tray, and when I got them off they were a bit stuck so I had to try quite hard. When I sat down, I noticed that some of the silver stuff off the tray (no idea what that is) had come off and was stuck on the chips. Not all of them, just some of them. I THINK I avoided the majority of it, but I didn't notice right away as chips are what I consider a safe food (not much can go wrong with them to be fair) so I don't examine them closely or anything. But when I noticed I put the ones that were clearly dirty to one side and didn't eat them.

Will I be harmed if I have ingested this stuff? Now, obviously the tray was very hot so I'm not concerned about germs as they would have been killed, but it's the material itself that I'm concerned about. Needless to say I will be throwing the pan away.

I hate it because I just assume that it's going to poison me, even though a) I don't know if I ate any and b) I don't know if it's harmful or not.

Help . Give me your opinions. Would you be concerned about it if it was you? (Assuming you don't have the same fear, of course).

ReputationRep:
    I was discharged from the hospital last night. I'm still very tired and stressed though - it's half term and I have mocks right after, but I have work experience for a couple of days in the half term so I don't have much time to revise, plus I'm just so exhausted and achy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Please, am I worrying about nothing?

Germ/contamination phobia spoiler..

Spoiler:
    Show
    I've just cooked some chips on a baking tray, and when I got them off they were a bit stuck so I had to try quite hard. When I sat down, I noticed that some of the silver stuff off the tray (no idea what that is) had come off and was stuck on the chips. Not all of them, just some of them. I THINK I avoided the majority of it, but I didn't notice right away as chips are what I consider a safe food (not much can go wrong with them to be fair) so I don't examine them closely or anything. But when I noticed I put the ones that were clearly dirty to one side and didn't eat them.

Will I be harmed if I have ingested this stuff? Now, obviously the tray was very hot so I'm not concerned about germs as they would have been killed, but it's the material itself that I'm concerned about. Needless to say I will be throwing the pan away.

I hate it because I just assume that it's going to poison me, even though a) I don't know if I ate any and b) I don't know if it's harmful or not.

Help . Give me your opinions. Would you be concerned about it if it was you? (Assuming you don't have the same fear, of course).
    Spoiler:
    Show

I would say that you're probably fine. These kind of baking trays often shed flecks of whatever they're made from, it's kind of expected as they age. If it was really that dangerous they wouldn't be allowed to sell it. For what it's worth, a few years ago I'd cook sausages in a cheap tray I got in Wilkinson's, the crap came off everywhere everytime I used it but I'm still here.

ReputationRep:
    Feel so low

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Spoiler:
    Show

I would say that you're probably fine. These kind of baking trays often shed flecks of whatever they're made from, it's kind of expected as they age. If it was really that dangerous they wouldn't be allowed to sell it. For what it's worth, a few years ago I'd cook sausages in a cheap tray I got in Wilkinson's, the crap came off everywhere everytime I used it but I'm still here.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    seconding this, I had a pot that would always have bits of the coating stuff come off on food and I ate bits of it and im fine :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show
    seconding this, I had a pot that would always have bits of the coating stuff come off on food and I ate bits of it and im fine :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler:
    Show
    Thank you. I think back now to some of the things I used to do/eat and be completely fine. Before my anxiety about such things. I'd just have things to eat whenever and wherever without washing my hands. Now I use alcohol hand rub before touching any kind of food, and I wash my hands before eating anything at home. So if someone offers me a crisp (not that I'd do it if their hand had been in the bag first) I would have to go and wash my hands before accepting it. I just wish I could get it out of my head.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by strawberrysnow)
    I was discharged from the hospital last night. I'm still very tired and stressed though - it's half term and I have mocks right after, but I have work experience for a couple of days in the half term so I don't have much time to revise, plus I'm just so exhausted and achy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Huge hugs :jumphug:

(Also have we met? Apologies if we have - I have a memory like a sieve )

(Original post by sunfowers01)
    Feel so low

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :console: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Well done rep from me
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Well done chick, you should be so proud of yourself! Its not easy to talk to people we know IRL about stuff like that :hugs: really glad your friends been really good aswell! :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Yayyy well done! Glad someone knows now :hugs:
    Thanks guys! Feel so relieved that it went well.

(Original post by Nathanielle)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Maybe instead of using the words eating disorder, you could just say, I have problems like this and they affect me like this? This will not waken up some prejudice/misinterpretations and on the same time make your pattern of problems more understandable to somebody and you able to talk about it?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Possibly, hadn't thought of doing that, thanks for the idea.

-----------

Feeling a bit all over the place right now, but I'm gonna try and get a little work done. Need to plan my essay. It's stressing me out so much researching for it.

ReputationRep:
    Wahhhh my ear is so achey, no idea how im gonna sleep tonight, didnt think of this :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.