The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CescaD96)
Yup. Also, stop poaching people on the recruitment thread! We Libs have our methods now!

Well, um, I don't know many of those.
Ex greens need peope, too!!! We are the huggy bunch.

i think he needs explaining to that these aren't the RL parties though... He doesn't quite get that concept.
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Ex greens need peope, too!!! We are the huggy bunch.

i think he needs explaining to that these aren't the RL parties though... He doesn't quite get that concept.
He'll be fine, don't worry. He wouldn't have joined us if he fully thought that.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He'll be fine, don't worry. He wouldn't have joined us if he fully thought that.
You'd have thought... People make that mistake all the time though.
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hmmm, starting to see that odious little man George Galloway up to his old tricks again. Declaring a woman's abusive relationship to be fine since she was 16 not 15, and her parents were fine with it. Yeah, because that makes domestic abuse fine, ey George?

Combine that with his comments about assange and I'm starting to think he has absolutely no respect for women.

Posted from TSR Mobile
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Hmmm, starting to see that odious little man George Galloway up to his old tricks again. Declaring a woman's abusive relationship to be fine since she was 16 not 15, and her parents were fine with it. Yeah, because that makes domestic abuse fine, ey George?

Combine that with his comments about assange and I'm starting to think he has absolutely no respect for women.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I came to that conclusion several years ago. Odious is being too kind to the MP who leads the Respect party.
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)

Posted from TSR Mobile
He is a poor excuse of a human. I have no respect for him.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He is a poor excuse of a human. I have no respect for him.
The party definitely needs a new name though if they allow his ilk in, let alone have them as leader.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
The party definitely needs a new name though if they allow his ilk in, let alone have them as leader.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Precisely. It makes them look like an absolute joke.
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Precisely. It makes them look like an absolute joke.
Well, at least they can't say it's an inaccurate portrayal then.
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Green_Pink)
Well, at least they can't say it's an inaccurate portrayal then.
Fair point.
InnerTemple
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
First house on the street to have a "vote UKIP" sign belongs to the "problem family".

The house which is subject to noise complaints and the father is on due on trial for a racially aggravated assault.

Living the stereotype!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Think my parents are voting Ukip too.
InnerTemple
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)

Is there no helping them?
Choppie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
They may be interested in this: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/kier...b_4650602.html
InnerTemple
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Choppie)
They may be interested in this: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/kier...b_4650602.html
Your average Kipper will not believe any of that.

They will insist that the figures are made up by the "political elite" and regurgitated by the "mainstream media". They will say that this is all a ploy to discredit UKIP and that the "elite" are merely trying to protect their selves and their cosy position they inhabit.

They will then come out with an anecdote about someone called Doris who had to wait 5 hours to be seen by a doctor because of all the immigrants.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by InnerTemple)

Is there no helping them?
Unlikely. I think they are more anti-Muslim than anti-European though (not surprising living in Bradford), it's interesting how these things differ across the country. Not massively political though.

Naa. Their Old Labour types (but don't agree with Labour's alliance with the unions because of the 70's).
talentedlobster
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Someone on my street didn't bother getting a proper 'Vote Labour' sign and instead printed out those words in red comic sans on an A4 piece of paper and put it in their window. Typical labour voter.
adam9317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Grand national today lads: Who is everyone backing?
Choppie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by adam9317)
Grand national today lads: Who is everyone backing?
Well, I would take more of an interest if the main race wasn't at exactly the same time as the Oxford vs Cambridge boat race
adam9317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well, I would take more of an interest if the main race wasn't at exactly the same time as the Oxford vs Cambridge boat race
What time is the boat race at?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (140)
17.83%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
27.01%
Not great so far... (281)
35.8%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.36%

Watched Threads