Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm really hoping now "about" means before or on the 11th. I really can't afford for it to be any later. I'm waiting on the 11th to put a deposit on a flat so i can start the hidden economy post on the 25th april if im not sucessful with tsp. So stressful :/ If im not sucessful I have 14 days to rent out to flat and move to a new city...

ReputationRep:
    Well, 11AM been and gone, I'm guessing nothing today!!! :ashamed2::ashamed2::ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    I see they've ignored the questions those 2 heroes have asked about the wording! Clarity would be great right now! I'm okay with knowing it's going to be Monday but now it seems it could be later!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nj.)
    I see they've ignored the questions those 2 heroes have asked about the wording! Clarity would be great right now! I'm okay with knowing it's going to be Monday but now it seems it could be later!
    Oh some straight talking on there! In all fairness surely they can understand why people are becoming irate; it's not exactly great for their reputation as a graduate employer considering the initial date given was 29 March. Chances are they may lose out on a lot of good candidates if they have other offers and have to accept those offers within a certain amount of time.

ReputationRep:
    Given that they have two and a half days until the deadline, its very dissappointing that they can't be more specific.

If they are to meet the deadline they only have today, tomorrow or monday - they must know at this point when they will be starting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antipathy)
    Given that they have two and a half days until the deadline, its very dissappointing that they can't be more specific.

If they are to meet the deadline they only have today, tomorrow or monday - they must know at this point when they will be starting.
    Ha we don't know when the deadline is 🙈 It's either by the 11th which would suggest they've only got tomorrow, or it's by COB on Monday which would give them tomorrow and Monday or it's the ambiguous deadline of "around 11th April" which gives them until whenever they feel like it

ReputationRep:
    I think it's probably still the 11th as the deadline they're aiming for. They still have the post tagged at the top of their facebook page saying you can ask for details if you haven't heard by then, suggesting not hearing by then would be due to some sort of error and an anomaly. I don't think they'd keep that there if it was changing because it would mean if there was a scheduled batch after the 11th they'd be getting a lot of emails etc. They also haven't made a post saying anything has changed (which they did when the date shifted from 31st to 11th), which I think they would have to do if they were now planning to have a scheduled batch after the 11th.

ReputationRep:
    So they've replied to one of the comments, sounds like it's definitely going to be 11th:

'We are planning for results to be issued by close of business on 11th April (they are not being released before this date). Due to the volume of applications, and because results are issued in batches, we are not able to guarantee an exact window during which results will be released. We cannot publish an exact time for when results will be issued because they are not released in one go. Also, if there was an exact published time, candidates whose results are not in the first batch may unduly worry if they do not receive their results at that exact time.

Thank you'

At least we can stop reloading emails/csr till Monday then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachel12793)
    So they've replied to one of the comments, sounds like it's definitely going to be 11th:

'We are planning for results to be issued by close of business on 11th April (they are not being released before this date). Due to the volume of applications, and because results are issued in batches, we are not able to guarantee an exact window during which results will be released. We cannot publish an exact time for when results will be issued because they are not released in one go. Also, if there was an exact published time, candidates whose results are not in the first batch may unduly worry if they do not receive their results at that exact time.

Thank you'

At least we can stop reloading emails/csr till Monday then!
    Phew! Thanks for that. At least that offers some clarity and I can stop thinking about it for a few minutes. Thanks for the update 😁

ReputationRep:
    Clarity, finally!

Hoorah, at least we know to stop checking now.

ReputationRep:
    Huzzah! I wish they'd just said that ages ago.

ReputationRep:
    This Mandy McCutcheon character though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddiethered)
    I know!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can’t tell if that Facebook account is a troll or more worryingly…thatshe’s actually a real person.

ReputationRep:
    What's she doing just liking all the posts?

ReputationRep:
    I still don't know why you'd use the word 'around' when you mean 'on', but nevermind happy for the clarity!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hope everyone else has had a nice day not stressing about whether results would be released!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It has actually been quite nice. I had a good sleep last night for the first time in ages and only checked this and csr about twice! The calm before the storm on Monday! Enjoy your stress free weekends everyone!

ReputationRep:
    The final sleep before we're put out of our misery.

Let the forum reading, CSR portal checking and email refreshing re-commence tomorrow morning

GOOD LUCK to us all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeeDeeC)
    The final sleep before we're put out of our misery.

Let the forum reading, CSR portal checking and email refreshing re-commence tomorrow morning

GOOD LUCK to us all.
    Yeah good luck all, it's been a pleasure!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.