The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone had an interview for Teesside, Northumbria or Cumbria? For child Nursing
i have teesside on wednesday then northumrbria on thursday and not quite sure what to expect?
Original post by jodiekarimx
Has anyone had an interview for Teesside, Northumbria or Cumbria? For child Nursing
i have teesside on wednesday then northumrbria on thursday and not quite sure what to expect?

Have had one at Cumbria for Child Nursing (last Wed in fact) x
Original post by AmyH81
Have had one at Cumbria for Child Nursing (last Wed in fact) x

Mine for Cumbria isnt until April.
How did your interview go?

Just had my interview for child nursing this morning at Angila Ruskin. Went really well and I love the uni and Cambridge but we don't find out if we are allocated a place until April.

I came out of the interview and had an email sitting for me from DMU offering me a place for child nursing in sept! So happy but i want to sit hear back from other unis before I make a permanent decision. Anyone else have offers? Congratulations to all those who do, the feeling is amazing no matter what uni offers you a place, considering it is so competitive I'm happy to go anywhere xx
Original post by Helenroutledge
Where did you train ?

Sorry, I don't disclose that... Just keeps things simpler what with confidentiality etc :smile:

Yeah quite good I think - was dreading the Maths test but was really quite easy. Quite an informal day and the people were lovely. Apparently I'll hear in April x
Yeah the sample maths test I received looked quite difficult, so I was worried about that. And that's good, my interview isn't until the 27th April so got quite a while.
What questions were you asked In the interview? x
Yeah the sample maths test I received looked quite difficult, so I was worried about that. And that's good, my interview isn't until the 27th April so got quite a while.
What questions were you asked In the interview? x

For the Maths there's 15 questions in 20 mins and you can use a calculator. I can't say too much about the interview questions but it's the ones you'd expect really - know your 6C's x
Can anyone please help me with what to expect at the interview for Salford and Leeds universities for child nursing? I'm so nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tracijune
Can anyone please help me with what to expect at the interview for Salford and Leeds universities for child nursing? I'm so nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you read through some of the threads there will be loads of generic advice available to you :smile: Specific details cannot be given, however, as this gives an unfair advantage to some people.
Original post by PaediatricStN
If you read through some of the threads there will be loads of generic advice available to you :smile: Specific details cannot be given, however, as this gives an unfair advantage to some people.

I understand! I have just read through all 59 pages, I guess I am most worried about the numeracy and literacy tests but found some great info on where to revise!

I am also still wondering about the Leeds interview, mainly the structure of the day and how long it takes, as I'd prefer to book return train tickets in advance to save a bit of money! Does anyone have any information on this?
I understand! I have just read through all 59 pages, I guess I am most worried about the numeracy and literacy tests but found some great info on where to revise!

I am also still wondering about the Leeds interview, mainly the structure of the day and how long it takes, as I'd prefer to book return train tickets in advance to save a bit of money! Does anyone have any information on this?

Hey! I had an interview at Leeds before Christmas. Maths test and group activity only. Can't remember exactly what time we finished but it started at 9:30 I think and was about 4 hours long. Good luck :smile:. It should say on the email more about timings possibly
hey! was wondering if anyone else has an interview for kings tomorrow? genuinely stressed coz i've never done an mmi before, any useful tips would be appreciated! x
Original post by darky159
hey! was wondering if anyone else has an interview for kings tomorrow? genuinely stressed coz i've never done an mmi before, any useful tips would be appreciated! x

I really enjoyed the King's interview :smile: don't worry about not having done a mmi before, you just move around each station and they ask you questions. Just be yourself and you'll do great in the interview. Read the information they sent to you about the day because it was literally how they described it and they're not trying to catch you out :smile: xx
Original post by carli97
I really enjoyed the King's interview :smile: don't worry about not having done a mmi before, you just move around each station and they ask you questions. Just be yourself and you'll do great in the interview. Read the information they sent to you about the day because it was literally how they described it and they're not trying to catch you out :smile: xx

thank you so much! that does make me feel slightly better :smile: is it worth worrrying about the numeracy and literacy tests? i just really hope I get in! its my first choice :biggrin:
Anyone else still not heard back from Cardiff or University of South Wales??
Original post by darky159
thank you so much! that does make me feel slightly better :smile: is it worth worrrying about the numeracy and literacy tests? i just really hope I get in! its my first choice :biggrin:

No problem and good luck! Personally I found the numeracy and literacy tests quite easy. If you have basic numeracy and literacy skills I think you'll be okay!! :smile: if you're a bit rusty on Maths, just go onto the snap NHS website and go through the videos of how to do the maths because it's all the maths you need to know i.e ratios etc! Xx

Hi I had Salford interview couple of weeks ago. Admin first (I'd checks and certs etc); English and maths tests as a group then split into smaller groups for group interview-nothing to worry about just be yourself and finally 1-2-1 interview with a tutor..... Again nothing to worry about just be yourself and make sure you show your best side so to speak. Good luck, all the staff care lovely :-)

Posted from TSR Mobi
hey, i also had my salford interview but slightly earlier than yours,
just wondering if you`ve heard back x
[QUOTE="Mrsxmas;62812263"]

Hi I had Salford interview couple of weeks ago. Admin first (I'd checks and certs etc); English and maths tests as a group then split into smaller groups for group interview-nothing to worry about just be yourself and finally 1-2-1 interview with a tutor..... Again nothing to worry about just be yourself and make sure you show your best side so to speak. Good luck, all the staff care lovely :-)

Posted from TSR Mobi
Original post by Elliestoddart
Has anyone not heard back from Cardiff Uni yet at all for child nursing? They're the only ones I've not heard back from at all? I've had interviews from Chester and Manchester and have been offered a place, have and UWE Bristol next week ( if anyone's had the interview and could help with what sort of questions if be forever grateful) :smile: good luck everyone!

Hi! yes I heard back around 2 weeks ago, I have a interview next week! I'm so nervous! I'm still waiting on USW though x
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending