Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim kid arrested for bringing home made clock to school watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Lining)
    You're comparing a football team to a religion...LOL.

Muslims follow Islam, you just said you have met "decent normal Muslims" and you ended that with "ISLAM however is bad, rotten to the core". How does that work? These "decent normal Muslims" follow Islam.
    I'm hella confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PopaPork)
    Not a teachers job.

Besides that his is America not some Muslim country where it would be a requirement
    Hello there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    From what I know,it's not very tolerant at all
    Yes but thats because you are Texasaphobic

99% of Texans are nice tolerant peaceful people

ReputationRep:
    It's none of your business concerning the invite to the White House or mark zuckerberg but the actual case should alert you to discrimination against people's skin colour and religion. Would you be this upset if he hadn't received any invites from the White House or other famous people?
    The greatest discrimination occurs towards "infidels" in the Muslim world. There you are at best treated as second class and in Islamic State subject to being raped or beheaded.

As a Christian (?) Arab I would have thought you would be more aware of that than most?

If you are a Muslim Arab I don't suppose you are even aware of Islamic discrimination, or if so don't care, as it is divinely ordained and all that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolate hottie)
    The greatest discrimination occurs towards "infidels" in the Muslim world. There you are at best treated as second class and in Islamic State subject to being raped or beheaded.

As a Christian (?) Arab I would have thought you would be more aware of that than most?

If you are a Muslim Arab I don't suppose you are even aware of Islamic discrimination, or if so don't care, as it is divinely ordained and all that...
    You think I don't know what going on in my own motherland of Syria and what they're doing to my fellow Christians and Muslims Arabs? As a Christian Arab I would say I'm glad minorities/Syrians are trying to find a safe haven elsewhere.and yes everyone is aware of what's happening in the Middle East and yet your own governments want to do nothing about it. Anyway this is about a kid who was the subject of racial and religious discrimination as I'm sure you already know by now

ReputationRep:

Muslims follow Islam, you just said you have met "decent normal Muslims" and you ended that with "ISLAM however is bad, rotten to the core". How does that work? These "decent normal Muslims" follow Islam.
    He's making an analogy. Be it a football team or a religion, if they are having more trouble with violence perpetuated in the name of that team or religion than any other, then clearly there's something going wrong there.

A religion and its followers aren't one in the same. A religion could have a very questionable history and set of teachings, but that doesn't necessarily make all the followers of that region bad people. Not all Muslims express a hatred of homosexuals and think apostates should be killed, for example, despite these actually being teachings within Islam.

Regardless, we're going off-topic, and this discussion would be better suited to the religion forum.

ReputationRep:

Why can they not be compared?
    Millions of people from across the globe from different countries, colours and creed are unified by there love for Arsenal with a passion.

Some muslims may regale in tales of Aisha, Arsenal followers regale in tales of Dennis Bergkamp. They compare beautifully.

It works because many people will ignore the violent and hateful scriptures because they know its not compatible with leading a moral and just life. Many secretly disagree with certain parts of Islamic doctrine. Many pick and choose which parts of the Quran and Hadiths they follow when it suits.

The problem however is devout muslims that choose to follow Islamic doctrine to the letter (A perfect muslim) .

Religion causes otherwise morally sound people to do disgusting things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Why can they not be compared?
    Millions of people from across the globe from different countries, colours and creed are unified by there love for Arsenal with a passion.

Some muslims may regale in tales of Aisha, Arsenal followers regale in tales of Dennis Bergkamp. They compare beautifully.

It works because many people will ignore the violent and hateful scriptures because they know its not compatible with leading a moral and just life. Many secretly disagree with certain parts of Islamic doctrine. Many pick and choose which parts of the Quran and Hadiths they follow when it suits.

The problem however is devout muslims that choose to follow Islamic doctrine to the letter (A perfect muslim) .

Religion causes otherwise morally sound people to do disgusting things
    Nah,they just use religion as an excuse. They themselves are immoral to begin with

ReputationRep:
    Nah,they just use religion as an excuse. They themselves are immoral to begin with
    They don't use religion as an excuse. Why would you even need an excuse??

Hey im going to blow myself up today along with 20 innocent children, i better have a good excuse!?

Do you not understand that these people absolutely believe that what they are doing is right and just in Allahs eyes?

ReputationRep:

Hey im going to blow myself up today along with 20 innocent children, i better have a good excuse!?

Do you not understand that these people absolutely believe that what they are doing is right and just in Allahs eyes?
    If that was the case,would all Muslims be doing the same thing?!

ReputationRep:

Exactly!

There are 1.7 billion muslims. Why judge us all based on a few misguided individuals?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cmon Queen-Bee, you just responded to this post less than 3 minutes ago

"It works because many people will ignore the violent and hateful scriptures because they know its not compatible with leading a moral and just life. Many secretly disagree with certain parts of Islamic doctrine. Many pick and choose which parts of the Quran and Hadiths they follow when it suits.

Religion causes otherwise morally sound people to do disgusting things"

If you are right and its nothing to do with religion, its just because some humans have no morals.. then can you explain why we dont have Atheists, Buddhists, christians beheading, raping, massacring children at random on par with Islam?

ReputationRep:
    Cmon Queen-Bee, you just responded to this post less than 3 minutes ago

"It works because many people will ignore the violent and hateful scriptures because they know its not compatible with leading a moral and just life. Many secretly disagree with certain parts of Islamic doctrine. Many pick and choose which parts of the Quran and Hadiths they follow when it suits.

Religion causes otherwise morally sound people to do disgusting things"

If you are right and its nothing to do with religion, its just because some humans have no morals.. then can you explain why we dont have Atheists, Buddhists, christians beheading, raping, massacring children at random on par with Islam?
    I say don't blame the religion,blame the person who is using their religion as an excuse to do all those terrible things. Anyway Islam is a religion of peace and you shouldn't let the action of a few distract you

ReputationRep:
    Hello there

Hello bee

You still spreading hatred I see.

If he were gay you'd have been supporting his detention

ReputationRep:
    I say don't blame the religion,blame the person who is using their religion as an excuse to do all those terrible things. Anyway Islam is a religion of peace and you shouldn't let the action of a few distract you
    Are you Muslim bee?

It's just I thought you were a copt suffering from a bad case of Stockholm syndrome

ReputationRep:
    If we do not target the bad ideas and texts in a religion and be honest about what is causing people to commit such atrocities and misery, the problem is not going to fix itself.

You shouldn't let the actions of a few distract you? I wonder what your fellow Syrians would say to that.

Its all well and good when its not us caught up in Islams violence. I could not think of a more selfish attitude.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

ReputationRep:
    The kid is a fraud! he didn't build that clock, he took it out of its cover and claimed he built it...

He was given loads of free stuff from big corporations looking to improve their image. LOL

ReputationRep:
    Hello bee

You still spreading hatred I see.

If he were gay you'd have been supporting his detention
    Long time!

Oh come on. I have no issues with gays and I don't know why you'd think that as we've never spoken about homosexuality before and this isn't even about gay people

What I don't like is discrimination hence why I've made this thread

ReputationRep:
    Are you Muslim bee?

It's just I thought you were a copt suffering from a bad case of Stockholm syndrome
    I'm a copt with plenty of Muslim friends they've given me an insight into Islam

ReputationRep:
    He's being genuinely serious. You live in America? Have you been to Texas before and if so,what's it like? The people in general
    If I'm not from that state there's no way for me to gauge how the people are.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.