Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry Watch

HCAssistant93
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Charlottemc1234)
That figure was in my head too I think someone commented it further back. Still waiting to hear! Is anyone else in my position? I'm thinking of calling them today but I've called every week for the past 3 weeks now!
Calling once a week at this stage in the cycle isn't bad. If its really stressing you out which I can imagine it is then I would call

Posted from TSR Mobile
Charlottemc1234
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HCAssistant93)
Calling once a week at this stage in the cycle isn't bad. If its really stressing you out which I can imagine it is then I would call

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you, I feel as though everyone knows but me! I know this isn't the case but it's driving me mad, when you've been waiting since October it's insane!
stephannalee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you, I feel as though everyone knows but me! I know this isn't the case but it's driving me mad, when you've been waiting since October it's insane!
completely get you! Wouldn't worry about calling too much as long as it isn't literally everyday, obviously their final interview slots are only a few weeks away so don't think its crazy to call, how long can it really take to work out if you've done enough chemistry at uni!
Charlottemc1234
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by stephannalee)
completely get you! Wouldn't worry about calling too much as long as it isn't literally everyday, obviously their final interview slots are only a few weeks away so don't think its crazy to call, how long can it really take to work out if you've done enough chemistry at uni!
Yeah that's what I thought! I'm really hoping they give me a chance they've kept my hopes up for so long!! I'll let you know when I hear
Jacqualyn
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are there any other Keele Students applying for this course?
stace123456
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm getting the train to Stoke on Trent and then the number 25 bus to Keele uni, does anyone know which bus stop you get off at for the medical school?
Lightingspeed
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by stace123456)
I'm getting the train to Stoke on Trent and then the number 25 bus to Keele uni, does anyone know which bus stop you get off at for the medical school?
The bus goes outside the uni, the bus stop is a 1 min walk to uni (can't miss it). Take the bus opposite the station and not the one on the same side of the station. (Also feel free to ask the bus driver before boarding!) I hope this helps.
Charlottemc1234
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey guys, so I thought I'd update you so far! The very lovely woman on the phone to me today said that the admissions tutor has been off for a while but is back next week. I told her that I'd been waiting for so long and she was really understanding. She told me a few other students are in the same position and waiting to hear but she said the absolute deadline is next week so I have to hear then. I asked about interview dates and she said there are still slots available but if they were to be filled then they would interview any other candidates that meet the criteria anyway and just add more dates which is a nice thing to hear! She did say there really aren't many people left though!
HCAssistant93
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey guys, so I thought I'd update you so far! The very lovely woman on the phone to me today said that the admissions tutor has been off for a while but is back next week. I told her that I'd been waiting for so long and she was really understanding. She told me a few other students are in the same position and waiting to hear but she said the absolute deadline is next week so I have to hear then. I asked about interview dates and she said there are still slots available but if they were to be filled then they would interview any other candidates that meet the criteria anyway and just add more dates which is a nice thing to hear! She did say there really aren't many people left though!
That's really comforting to know at least and so good that they were nice about it! Good luck next week and I really hope you get good news.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kralamoonard
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey guys, I got rejected from Keele about a month ago, but I accidentally deleted the email.

So does anyone know how to request a reason as to why they rejected me pre-interview for feedback as they didn't specify in the rejection form, and instead advised me to send them an email for feedback? Thanks.
Tremerz
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kralamoonard)
Hey guys, I got rejected from Keele about a month ago, but I accidentally deleted the email.

So does anyone know how to request a reason as to why they rejected me pre-interview for feedback as they didn't specify in the rejection form, and instead advised me to send them an email for feedback? Thanks.
They said wait until April time, but they didn't say how to contact them I don't think. Either email or ring up, I'm sure they would answer

Posted from TSR Mobile
amarzum
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What is the dress code for Keele interviews?
Suit or just formal clothing
I know it does vary between universities
kathan30
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i wore a suit; as did most people on that day
academia123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you guys know how many applicants they give offers to out of the number of interviewees?
wombatt
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by academia123)
Do you guys know how many applicants they give offers to out of the number of interviewees?
I believe somebody on here said 250 offers out of 500 interviews. Not too sure though
stephannalee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by wombatt)
I believe somebody on here said 250 offers out of 500 interviews. Not too sure though
That's what it was last year but also saw someone on here say they're only giving out 170 offers this year, not sure if it's true though
rosepetals12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Okay so I have a few wuestions about the interview process;

1) With the themes of the stations so we do have to show the skill or answer questions about it i.e. in the caring station are we asked questions about being caring like give me an example of when you were caring? why is caring important in the field of medicine? or are we faced with a hypothetical situation where we would have to demonstrate caring skillls?

2) I've read on this thread that our personal statement is used in the interview. If this is true, how so?

I would appreciate answers to the questions here on the thread or as message. MUCH MUCH MUCH appreciated.
wombatt
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rosepetals12)
Okay so I have a few wuestions about the interview process;

1) With the themes of the stations so we do have to show the skill or answer questions about it i.e. in the caring station are we asked questions about being caring like give me an example of when you were caring? why is caring important in the field of medicine? or are we faced with a hypothetical situation where we would have to demonstrate caring skillls?

2) I've read on this thread that our personal statement is used in the interview. If this is true, how so?

I would appreciate answers to the questions here on the thread or as message. MUCH MUCH MUCH appreciated.
1. Both
2. Mine wasn't used at all during my interview.
rosepetals12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by wombatt)
1. Both
2. Mine wasn't used at all during my interview.
Thanks sooooo much. This was useful. Hope everything works out for you.
stace123456
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How is the data handling test used when making offers? Like is there a threshold score or is it just considered station no 12 when calculating an interview score?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads