Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah.k.)
    How many applicants are interviewed per day?
    I think I read 40 somewhere, don't hold me to that though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    I think I read 40 somewhere, don't hold me to that though
    That figure was in my head too I think someone commented it further back. Still waiting to hear! Is anyone else in my position? I'm thinking of calling them today but I've called every week for the past 3 weeks now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottemc1234)
    That figure was in my head too I think someone commented it further back. Still waiting to hear! Is anyone else in my position? I'm thinking of calling them today but I've called every week for the past 3 weeks now!
    Calling once a week at this stage in the cycle isn't bad. If its really stressing you out which I can imagine it is then I would call

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    Calling once a week at this stage in the cycle isn't bad. If its really stressing you out which I can imagine it is then I would call

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you, I feel as though everyone knows but me! I know this isn't the case but it's driving me mad, when you've been waiting since October it's insane!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I feel as though everyone knows but me! I know this isn't the case but it's driving me mad, when you've been waiting since October it's insane!
    completely get you! Wouldn't worry about calling too much as long as it isn't literally everyday, obviously their final interview slots are only a few weeks away so don't think its crazy to call, how long can it really take to work out if you've done enough chemistry at uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    completely get you! Wouldn't worry about calling too much as long as it isn't literally everyday, obviously their final interview slots are only a few weeks away so don't think its crazy to call, how long can it really take to work out if you've done enough chemistry at uni!
    Yeah that's what I thought! I'm really hoping they give me a chance they've kept my hopes up for so long!! I'll let you know when I hear

ReputationRep:
    Are there any other Keele Students applying for this course?

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting the train to Stoke on Trent and then the number 25 bus to Keele uni, does anyone know which bus stop you get off at for the medical school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stace123456)
    I'm getting the train to Stoke on Trent and then the number 25 bus to Keele uni, does anyone know which bus stop you get off at for the medical school?
    The bus goes outside the uni, the bus stop is a 1 min walk to uni (can't miss it). Take the bus opposite the station and not the one on the same side of the station. (Also feel free to ask the bus driver before boarding!) I hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, so I thought I'd update you so far! The very lovely woman on the phone to me today said that the admissions tutor has been off for a while but is back next week. I told her that I'd been waiting for so long and she was really understanding. She told me a few other students are in the same position and waiting to hear but she said the absolute deadline is next week so I have to hear then. I asked about interview dates and she said there are still slots available but if they were to be filled then they would interview any other candidates that meet the criteria anyway and just add more dates which is a nice thing to hear! She did say there really aren't many people left though!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, so I thought I'd update you so far! The very lovely woman on the phone to me today said that the admissions tutor has been off for a while but is back next week. I told her that I'd been waiting for so long and she was really understanding. She told me a few other students are in the same position and waiting to hear but she said the absolute deadline is next week so I have to hear then. I asked about interview dates and she said there are still slots available but if they were to be filled then they would interview any other candidates that meet the criteria anyway and just add more dates which is a nice thing to hear! She did say there really aren't many people left though!
    That's really comforting to know at least and so good that they were nice about it! Good luck next week and I really hope you get good news.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I got rejected from Keele about a month ago, but I accidentally deleted the email.

So does anyone know how to request a reason as to why they rejected me pre-interview for feedback as they didn't specify in the rejection form, and instead advised me to send them an email for feedback? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kralamoonard)
    Hey guys, I got rejected from Keele about a month ago, but I accidentally deleted the email.

So does anyone know how to request a reason as to why they rejected me pre-interview for feedback as they didn't specify in the rejection form, and instead advised me to send them an email for feedback? Thanks.
    They said wait until April time, but they didn't say how to contact them I don't think. Either email or ring up, I'm sure they would answer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What is the dress code for Keele interviews?
    Suit or just formal clothing
    I know it does vary between universities

ReputationRep:
    i wore a suit; as did most people on that day

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys know how many applicants they give offers to out of the number of interviewees?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by academia123)
    Do you guys know how many applicants they give offers to out of the number of interviewees?
    I believe somebody on here said 250 offers out of 500 interviews. Not too sure though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wombatt)
    I believe somebody on here said 250 offers out of 500 interviews. Not too sure though
    That's what it was last year but also saw someone on here say they're only giving out 170 offers this year, not sure if it's true though

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I have a few wuestions about the interview process;

1) With the themes of the stations so we do have to show the skill or answer questions about it i.e. in the caring station are we asked questions about being caring like give me an example of when you were caring? why is caring important in the field of medicine? or are we faced with a hypothetical situation where we would have to demonstrate caring skillls?

2) I've read on this thread that our personal statement is used in the interview. If this is true, how so?

I would appreciate answers to the questions here on the thread or as message. MUCH MUCH MUCH appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosepetals12)
    Okay so I have a few wuestions about the interview process;

1) With the themes of the stations so we do have to show the skill or answer questions about it i.e. in the caring station are we asked questions about being caring like give me an example of when you were caring? why is caring important in the field of medicine? or are we faced with a hypothetical situation where we would have to demonstrate caring skillls?

2) I've read on this thread that our personal statement is used in the interview. If this is true, how so?

I would appreciate answers to the questions here on the thread or as message. MUCH MUCH MUCH appreciated.
    1. Both
    2. Mine wasn't used at all during my interview.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.