Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I'm an international student, and sent of my applications to Cardiff, UCL, Bath, Edinburgh and Salford in late December. There was some sort of mix up with UCL, and they didn't end up sending me my task, so I've pretty much given up on that( didn't think I would get in either). I've sent off my portfolios to Cardiff and Salford last month, and still haven't heard anything back. Is it unusual to have heard nothing from any uni till now? being international, I don't really know and i'm quite worried now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty.ware)
    Thats great! What's your top choice?
    Brookes gave me an unconditional, so I'm almost definitely going there as they were one of my top choices!
    My top choices are UCL (for AIS though) and Edinburgh but I still haven't heard from them..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-loofah)
    Hey guys. I'm an international student, and sent of my applications to Cardiff, UCL, Bath, Edinburgh and Salford in late December. There was some sort of mix up with UCL, and they didn't end up sending me my task, so I've pretty much given up on that( didn't think I would get in either). I've sent off my portfolios to Cardiff and Salford last month, and still haven't heard anything back. Is it unusual to have heard nothing from any uni till now? being international, I don't really know and i'm quite worried now
    Did you hear from Edinburgh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiveTheMoment)
    Did you hear from Edinburgh?
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    Nope
    same here... I applied in November..

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied or hoping to go to Oxford Brookes for Architecture?
    Yep, firmed it; did you go to the applicant day?

ReputationRep:
    same here... I applied in November..
    I don't even know if they're just building up for a rejection at this point..

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know if they're just building up for a rejection at this point..
    I know... I am so scared..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vionart)
    Yep, firmed it; did you go to the applicant day?
    Firmed mine too, it hasn't changed to Unconditional as it should yet, little worried No I couldn't make it, did you?

ReputationRep:
    Firmed mine too, it hasn't changed to Unconditional as it should yet, little worried No I couldn't make it, did you?
    They wait 14 days before changing it to unconditional on track, don't worry Yeah, also went to the open day, it was quite interesting and personally I quite liked it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vionart)
    They wait 14 days before changing it to unconditional on track, don't worry Yeah, also went to the open day, it was quite interesting and personally I quite liked it
    Oh phew thankyou! I went along to an open day and loved it there. Hopefully I'll see you there in September!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    How long have people waited to receive offers from the Bartlett after interview? Mine was 15 days after I think.
    Still waiting for a response, wait is so tense. If i don't get UCL (really really hope i do) I'll accept the unconditional from brookes.

ReputationRep:
    Can one apply for UCAS again after starting studies elsewhere in the UK/EU for first year? Like 1st year art or engineering or something? I do know one can't change courses within the university though...interesting to weigh this against the usual foundation art courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hongwai)
    Can one apply for UCAS again after starting studies elsewhere in the UK/EU for first year? Like 1st year art or engineering or something? I do know one can't change courses within the university though...interesting to weigh this against the usual foundation art courses.
    Expensive option -- you will have to pay a years tuition fee and probably accommodation fees.

ReputationRep:
    got an offer from Newcastle! now I'm just waiting for a decision from Nottingham and UCL! Between Newcastle and Oxford Brookes which one you think is better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francescopsq97)
    got an offer from Newcastle! now I'm just waiting for a decision from Nottingham and UCL! Between Newcastle and Oxford Brookes which one you think is better?
    Congratulations on your offer! I dont know Newcastle that well because I didnt apply to the uni but its doing really good in the league tables. Altough I went to Oxford Brookes and its really nice there and pretty good in the league tables as well. Not much of a help here ahaha. Good luck with your other uni choices!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadabannana)
    Congratulations on your offer! I dont know Newcastle that well because I didnt apply to the uni but its doing really good in the league tables. Altough I went to Oxford Brookes and its really nice there and pretty good in the league tables as well. Not much of a help here ahaha. Good luck with your other uni choices!
    Thanks though! Oxford Brookes looks really good to me as well! I went there for an open day but unfortunately weren't able to attend the offer holder day! the Campus is really nice and I got really good feelings about the school after my visit. I'm really keen with Newcastle too! I am pretty confident with my english also because I lived in Canada for a while even though I'm an Italian citizen and mother tongue. Indeed I already took the IELTS which I needed in order to apply to UK Universities, but I have this concern about Newcastle and wondered if any North-eastern and all British could help me out answering this question: "Is the Tyneside accent to hard for a foreigner! This is worrying me a bit, and whats the weather like in Newcastle? besides those concerns I would be really happy with setting Newcastle as my Insurance (in the hope I'll get an offer from The Bartlett!)

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm doing a portfolio for Kent and I haven't done an online one before, has anyone got any suggestions? https://gemyerst.carbonmade.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemyerst)
    Hey, I'm doing a portfolio for Kent and I haven't done an online one before, has anyone got any suggestions? https://gemyerst.carbonmade.com
    Hey, I'm definitely not a portfolio expert but I think that yours looks really good. The only thing that I would do is add the medium for each thing and maybe a short text for some of your artworks to explain your intentions. I really really liked the section called "Concentration", you've got some amazing work there!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm definitely not a portfolio expert but I think that yours looks really good. The only thing that I would do is add the medium for each thing and maybe a short text for some of your artworks to explain your intentions. I really really liked the section called "Concentration", you've got some amazing work there!
    Thank you so much!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.